Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Prizes For Giving Lego Feedback On Sets Purchased

chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
edited September 2015 in Everything else LEGO
Has anyone ever won something from LEGO for giving them feedback on a set as suggested on the back of some of the instruction booklets? If so, what and how often? I've never done it so I'm wondering if it's worth doing and if the prizes are as "cool" as they say they are.
andhe

Comments

• Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    I remember a thread once from a long time ago where someone claimed they did win some prizes. I don't think anyone else said they had. I was skeptical because the person claimed they had won multiple times. I still haven't won anything. 
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,869
    Is there somewhere they have to publish the winners name? Contests usually have to do this, though I've never heard, or seen any claims online, of anyone ever winning.
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    andhe said:
    Is there somewhere they have to publish the winners name? Contests usually have to do this, though I've never heard, or seen any claims online, of anyone ever winning.
    It's a free draw. There aren't any rules.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,869
    ^Even in free draws companies have to abide by certain compliance laws, in the UK at least.
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    andhe said:
    ^Even in free draws companies have to abide by certain compliance laws, in the UK at least.
    Certainly.

And the law relating to a free draw is that it's rules and conduct are solely the responsibility of the organiser. There aren't any rules defined by law.

"Free draw" in this context is a legal term defined in the Gambling Act 2005, not an arbitrary description - although it also pretty much describes what it is. It is not a lottery (which requires a payment above and beyond the cost of the product or service) nor is it a prize competion (which requires an element of skill or knowledge or something more than pure luck). They are different. A free draw is exempt from statutory control.
  • VenunderVenunder Nottingham, UK.Member Posts: 2,506
    I would be surprised if lego do not hand out a few sets as prizes for this each year. 
    However they may have a secrecy policy...?
    But I am equally surprised that we have not heard about the "winners". From people so happy to win, that they eventually post something about it.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,392
    I've filled out dozens of surveys over the years, never recieved anything.