Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[UK] MISB #10189 Taj Mahal for Sale

LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,687
Brand new and sealed in open shipping box.

I am relatively particular about the condition of my boxes and I would consider this example to be absolutely mint with no dents or creases or even blemishes from what I remember.  Can take further pictures and provide more detail if and when required.

Offers welcome.  Only sensible ones mind.  :)

SuperTrampkiki180703joel4motionroxionerick906SumoLegoPitfall69Bricklover18BastaFarmer_JohnGoldchains

Comments

• kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,027
    edited September 2015
    What is your price?
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959
    Is there anything you're after trade-wise or are you looking for cash only? 

• Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,497
    WOW!
  • nerick906nerick906 Bristol, UKMember Posts: 374
    can you do photos of the content inside ?!?!

:D

This beauty should never be unwrapped!
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,687
    ^ And is unlikely to be, by any sane person.  :)

It's possibly the most valuable piece in my collection and will take some doing to convince me to part with it.  Of those that legitimately sold on ebay, they went for high £1,000s but with damaged boxes and possibly mid £2ks for mint ones.  I think this piece deserves to at least start with a 2.  More than happy to discuss/debate here if anybody doesn't agree.

Am looking for cash only and will be travelling to STEAM on Saturday, possibly in a Securior van.  Thanks.
  • bricktuarybricktuary EuropeMember Posts: 470
    I'll pay you a fiver just to look at the box :)
    Legoboyherbyderby
    @bricktuary, on the basis you're coming from either Bristol, Swindon or Newcastle, you can look (from a distance) without charge.  :)
    kiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,362
    ^ Six-foot telescoping selfie-stick distance?
    Legoboykiki180703
    ^ No, New York distance, for you.   :)
    kiki180703
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,235
    edited September 2015
    I wouldn't want it.There's a pretty ugly looking white blemish on the box in that second photo. 
    That's glare from my halo.  Sorry about that.  I can assure you off the forums that halo disappears.
    CapnRex101
    edited September 2015
    ^^ Funny guy!

^^^ NYC distance would put me about a quarter-inch inside of your shirt pocket.   
    kiki180703
    So I've heard. :)
    SumoLego
    Legoboy said:
    That's glare from my halo.  Sorry about that.  I can assure you off the forums that halo disappears.
    I haven't really seen the presence of that halo on the forums either.

If we're going for accurate depictions, the Taj Mahal should burning in flames.
    kiki180703
    I am wounded.  Sometimes it feels like, feels like you don't know me at all.
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,942
    Is that two Eiffel tower boxes in the background?!
    kiki180703FollowsCloselySumoLego
    ^ Always love the background box photobomb...
    ^^ No no, just one, and not a great one at that.

That is bloody weird though.  I had to question what it was you were looking at.  I can only suggest the glass table is responsible for the optical illusion, but can't see how that's possible either.

I don't think I have two Eifel Towers.  Do I?
    HangedSanchezSumoLegokiki180703
  • HangedSanchezHangedSanchez United KingdomMember Posts: 310
    Legoboy said:
    ^^ No no, just one, and not a great one at that.

That is bloody weird though.  I had to question what it was you were looking at.  I can only suggest the glass table is responsible for the optical illusion, but can't see how that's possible either.

I don't think I have two Eifel Towers.  Do I?

I don't know, do you? Given the impressive-ness of what we can see ( I notice an Imperial Flagship lurking there), I don't think any of us would be surprised...
    LegoboyLego_StarSumoLegokiki180703
    Definitely have a couple of duplicates of those, but only one ET, I'm sure.

It has become traditional to build something big on the eve of STEAM and the ET would be a contender for this year - Sandcrawler last.  Only problem is (and the penny has only just dropped) I stupidly booked an op this morning for Wednesday, putting one of my hands out of action again for a few weeks.  Could be interesting.  Maybe teeth could be permitted on this occasion?
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    Legoboy said:

Maybe teeth could be permitted on this occasion?
    If you try using your teeth to build the Eiffel Tower, you'll get an Eiffel. Or both of them.

Toes?
    alijoezac
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I showed a picture of the Taj Mahal to my wife last night and she immediately said she wanted it. I told her the price and she said "oh" and hasn't mentioned it again...you money hungry LEGO sellers...depriving people that aren't into LEGO the joy of looking at a built set once and then moving on with their life! how dare you!
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    It doesn't look quite the same as the ET picture.  But it has a weirdly similar looking structure.  A Blackpool Tower?  It also the same way round as the ET so definitely not a reflection... weird.
    ^ I was thinking possibly refraction rather than reflection.  The line of the box coincides with the beginning of the curve in the glass.

^^ Would you like a framed picture?  Would that help?  :)
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    Legoboy said:

The line of the box coincides with the beginning of the curve in the glass.
    And would give a something with a straight edge a bow reminiscent of the Parisian Phallus. That widens the options somewhat.
  • Lego_StarLego_Star ... in a galaxy far, far away.Member Posts: 1,864
    ^^ Phew! When I looked at the third picture I was sure the table was broken. It's the small details. ;)
    Legoboy said:
    Definitely have a couple of duplicates of those, but only one ET, I'm sure.

No, two ET.

LegoboyLego_StarHangedSancheziso3200kiki180703
     I actually wondered who would do this.  Might have known it would be you.  :)
  • Jern92Jern92 MalaysiaMember Posts: 756
    Wish I could afford this. but that's about 5 months' salary T.T