Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Bricks and Pieces

Couldn't find this mentioned anywhere but has anyone been to the bricks and pieces site recently? It's had a major overhaul.

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,479
    edited September 2015
    It has been mentioned in a few threads, but yeah, it has had a major overhaul. Hope this clears up some of the timeout issues people have faced in the recent past, such as loading a cart and checking out and seeing the session either timed out and you lose your cart contents, or you go to check out and lose your contents in checkout window.
    All the parts I want are still listed as 'out of stock' though, so that apparently is a stock related issue and not an issue with the site
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,309
    They have never had a lot of the newer parts from sets released since June in stock. Licensed parts I understand, but a lot of non-licensed stuff doesn't seem to make it on there these days. I guess they think they have been hit by people buying complete minifigs on there rather than buying sets. Which is probably true.
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 947
    or you go to check out and lose your contents in checkout window.
    Sadly not, that's happened to me twice since the upgrade. The Lego website is a tragic mess. Sometimes I have to click a link 5 times before I'm not redirected to their home page.
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    CCC said:

They have never had a lot of the newer parts from sets released since June in stock.
    That's long been true. They generally don't have new parts for a while, particulary those that are "rare" (taking into account that they are, after all, new). That might be just a deliberate policy, or the way in which the inventories are made available, perhaps to ensure there's a buffer if a set is unexpectedly popular.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,309
    They have been 2-3 weeks in the past. Since about June, I don't think any new torsos have been added.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    Is there a new web site address or is bricks and pieces just down currently? When I go to https://service.lego.com/replacementparts/ I get a 404 not found error.
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    pharmjod said:
    Is there a new web site address or is bricks and pieces just down currently? When I go to https://service.lego.com/replacementparts/ I get a 404 not found error.
    The site's changed.

Go back to the bottom of the home page and select the link.

And change your bookmark!
    pharmjod
  • ryderfanryderfan DFWMember Posts: 35
    Tried it today, and as always, it loses my order when it directs me back to the lego shop site. Usually, I access the order by going back in my history, but not today. I guess they don't want my money.
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 937
    It's a cookies thing. Erase your cookies and try again. That fixed it for me a few times now.
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 741
    @ryderfan Sethro is spot on, it is your cookies as I had the same issue a while back. 

Little crumbs of cookie are distracting the LEGO minions from processing your order ;-)
    bobabricksSethro3
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    edited October 2015
    ryderfan said:
    I guess they don't want my money.
    To be fair they're probably not bothered either way, they've always maintained that it's a service and I doubt it's particularly profitable.
    Sethro3
  • LegoCreatorHobbyLegoCreatorHobby United StatesMember Posts: 9
    Re: Star Wars Millennium Falcon - Can anyone tell me the # of bags and loose pieces that are in the Star Wars ultimate collectors millennium Falcon set 10179? I have an open box with sealed bags inside. I want to know if this is a complete set. I count 79 bags, 2 loose long brown ladders and the sticker. Is this right? Thanks!
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    Re: Star Wars Millennium Falcon - Can anyone tell me the # of bags and loose pieces that are in the Star Wars ultimate collectors millennium Falcon set 10179? I have an open box with sealed bags inside. I want to know if this is a complete set. I count 79 bags, 2 loose long brown ladders and the sticker. Is this right? Thanks!
    Guess this is the wrong thread,bit "brown ladders"should be light bluish grey! If you bought it i guess somebody wanted to rip you off since the "ladders"(boat rigging) are among the most expensive/rare parts of the Falcon!
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 472
    I think you may have posted in the wrong thread. But I can tell you the long ladders  should be grey. 
    Sorry. Thanks for the correction. The ladders are medium stone gray.
    What is the correct thread for asking # of bags in a set? Thanks.
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 472
    There may not be a thread for it, but I may have found your answer though. This "article" seems to say there are 80 bags-  http://gizmodo.com/335673/sorting-the-5195-pieces-of-the-millennium-falcon-gives-strange-pleasure-back-pain

Sorry about making such a similar post to Diggydoes. I didn't reload my page before posting my earlier comment.