Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

General Ninjago Discussion

123457»

Comments

• BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 581
    ^come to think of it, the only vehicle not related to samurai x that she's had was her bike from skybound and the water strider from TLNM
    SearchlightRG
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,748
    ^come to think of it, the only vehicle not related to samurai x that she's had was her bike from skybound and the water strider from TLNM
    In terms of non-canon builds, she also had a nifty transforming hoverbike in the LEGO Ninjago: Build Your Own Adventure book. But yeah, I agree, it'd be great to see more vehicles for her, especially with her Water Ninja color scheme.

Jay and Cole also haven't really gotten any new dragons or signature vehicles (besides Legacy redesigns) since The LEGO Ninjago Movie, so it's nice that Cole at least is now getting a new bike. But as much as I love some of the vehicles from this wave and Sons of Garmadon, it's sort of a bummer that both waves featured new vehicles for Kai, Zane, and Lloyd and considerably less focus on builds connected with the other ninja.
    LyichirBrickByBrick
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 745
    I was hoping for another corner to finish off the City / Docks
    BrickByBrickLittleLoriBaby_YodaSumoLego
  • sonatine01sonatine01 EnglandMember Posts: 414
    Not a big fan of most of the vehicles but then I thought the Ninjago film sets were so good it just put me off normal Ninjago. Love the figures, wonder if the wolf woman changes into the wolf in the smaller set ? 
    edited April 19
    I wouldn't be surprised if these are from an entirely new SERIES that picks up where the original 10-season series left off, rather than just a new season. Note that the box art just says "Ninjago" and not "Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu" (which has been the name of the TV series in all the seasons so far).

But in general, I wasn't really expecting a whole lot of sets specifically based on March of the Oni, since from what I've seen of it it doesn't really feature many new vehicles or locations that would be obvious candidates for future sets. And any particularly important figures from Season 10 that we've missed out on could potentially show up in promotional releases like the Bricktober minifigure packs and Target minifigure cubes from past years.
    LEGOFan2
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,490
    I'd like to be done with promotional cubes and Bricktober minifigs sets.
    gmonkey76VorpalRyuBumblepantsAyliffeLEGOFan2
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,231
    the land bounty is surprisingly one of my favourite set this year. the titan mech is very cool too.
    BumblepantsAanchirLEGOFan2BrickByBrick
  • SearchlightRGSearchlightRG AmericaMember Posts: 186
    @Aanchir it would definitely be nice to get more builds for her. I count the Stormbringer and the dragon from #70655 as Jay and Cole's respectively, which meant that Zane was the only original Ninja not to get a dragon in Hunted. It is kind of disappointing that Kai in particular got a new vehicle this wave; I don't see why the Katana 4X4 couldn't have been Nya's.

@sonatine01 That does look quite likely, given how similar the wolf's appearance is to the girl's outfit. @LEGOFan2 yeah, we really didn't get anything for March of the Oni except the Oni Battle Pack, and kind of the Legacy sets since those designs are used for the Ninja and Wu and feature the Golden Weapons, along with the improved Earth Driller. March of the Oni honestly didn't bring much if anything new to the table apart from the Oni; admittedly the battle pack didn't quite do them justice. Still, were they to continue Bricktober, I wouldn't want them to waste a slot on Oni Mask Garmadon.

I quite like the Titan Mech as well; could use more green in my opinion, but pretty cool. Of course part of me is like "where was this thing when the Oni Titan showed up?" It certainly looks like a match for many, if not all, of the big villain mechs/monsters from the series. Makes me hope some future season will feature somebody refurbishing Garmadon's samurai mech...
    LEGOFan2
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,928
    Nice that the wolf is in the $15 set. I may pick up two of those just for the wolf.

LEGOFan2Bumblepants
    Okay, so the Titan Mech is actually 14.5 inches/37 cm to the Oni Titan's 9 inches/25 cm...that thing is a BEAST.
    LyichirAanchir
    Not trying to post multiple times in a row, honest. Just wanted to voice my hopes that some of the new villains are going to be female. I'm thinking Aspheera and/or Char could be; prospects aren't looking good for anyone on the Ice Warrior side. Ninjago's been a bit better in recent years about having female villains, but we didn't get any for March of the Oni.
    LEGOFan2
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,263
    I know Aspheera is for sure.
    Aanchir
    edited April 24
    CM4S said:
    I know Aspheera is for sure.
    How exactly do you know?

@LEGOFan2 I wouldn't necessarily say it's so Nya has someone to fight, though admittedly I do fancy antagonisms between characters of the same gender.

@BrickByBrick you are quite correct, and it's fairly depressing. Based on what the other Ninja have gotten over the years, she should get:
    • Ninja Mech (a decent, canon one, not that shrimp from #70596)
    • An aircraft (be it plane, helicopter, or even something funky like Lloyd's gotten)
    • A 4 (or more) wheeled/treaded vehicle
    • A few out there vehicles like-oh, I don't know-a watercraft for the Master of Water?
    BrickByBrickLEGOFan2Baby_Yoda
    So...#40342 was definitely a surprise. Wasn't expecting to see a Clutch Powers minifigure in Ninjago. Of course, if a little theory I have proves true, it may be that we were already kind of getting him. See, the Pyro Lasher-the snake with a whip-is the only Pyro Snake minifigure who appears in only a single set. Its whip also happens to be the same piece as the one this Clutch Powers minifigure carries. I figure that Clutch-whether through Forbidden Spinjitzu, dark magic, or the Pyro Snakes turning out to be something like the Fangpyres-could end up becoming (if temporarily) the one and only Pyro Lasher.

The only thing this pack sours me on is the presence of YET ANOTHER Kai Minifigure. I mean seriously, why is he in so many sets? This isn't Power Rangers; being the red guy doesn't make you all that significant. He hasn't even been the focus character of an arc since pretty much the pilot season (except for Hands of Time which he shared with Nya) and yet he continues to appear in more sets than any of the other Ninja. Just look at the numbers (based on Brickset tags and my own calculations) of Ninja characters in sets:
    • Kai-76
    • Lloyd-62
    • Cole-58
    • Jay-69
    • Zane-61
    • Nya-43
    Where does it end?
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 309
    Clutch Powers is mentioned briefly in the first season of the show. The Cole tells the other ninja that he discovered a fang blade that was turned into a trophy. 
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,079
    Clutch Powers... is in Ninjago?! I need to get back into this theme ASAP.
    SearchlightRG
    So...#40342 was definitely a surprise. Wasn't expecting to see a Clutch Powers minifigure in Ninjago. Of course, if a little theory I have proves true, it may be that we were already kind of getting him. See, the Pyro Lasher-the snake with a whip-is the only Pyro Snake minifigure who appears in only a single set. Its whip also happens to be the same piece as the one this Clutch Powers minifigure carries. I figure that Clutch-whether through Forbidden Spinjitzu, dark magic, or the Pyro Snakes turning out to be something like the Fangpyres-could end up becoming (if temporarily) the one and only Pyro Lasher.

The only thing this pack sours me on is the presence of YET ANOTHER Kai Minifigure. I mean seriously, why is he in so many sets? This isn't Power Rangers; being the red guy doesn't make you all that significant. He hasn't even been the focus character of an arc since pretty much the pilot season (except for Hands of Time which he shared with Nya) and yet he continues to appear in more sets than any of the other Ninja. Just look at the numbers (based on Brickset tags and my own calculations) of Ninja characters in sets:
    • Kai-76
    • Lloyd-62
    • Cole-58
    • Jay-69
    • Zane-61
    • Nya-43
    Where does it end?
    Red-clothed characters are popular with a lot of kids for a lot of the same reason that red sports cars are popular with many kids and adults — it's vivid and eye-catching, and has widespread cultural connotations of intensity, power, courage, passion, vitality, and dominance.

In Bionicle, the red Toa in any team was usually the leader/main character in any given story arc, and in answer to fan questions about this, Greg Farshtey (author of the comics and chapter books, and a major figure in the theme's story development) explained that the red sets tended to reliably sell the best. I suspect the Red Ranger's significance in most Power Rangers incarnations is for similar reasons.
    BumblepantsLyichirVorpalRyu
    Tkatt said:
    Clutch Powers is mentioned briefly in the first season of the show. The Cole tells the other ninja that he discovered a fang blade that was turned into a trophy. 
    Oh, I'm aware of that; just didn't expect to see that throwaway reference turned into an actual physical minifigure.

@Aanchir Yeah, I know all about Bionicle, and I get the whole red thing...though I'm not going to be happy about it. It's especially annoying when it means that Kai is way out in front on the number of sets he appears in, while poor Nya is pretty much as far behind the rest of the pack. I will say, I'm a bit surprised by Jay's numbers; you'd think with all the focus on Lloyd he'd be in the number 2 slot, but he's actually quite a bit behind Jay. Cole I'm less surprised by, as I know that the duller, earth-toned sets tend not to sell as well-many was the time I'd see stone affiliated Bionicle characters just sitting on a shelf while their more brightly colored neighbors were all but sold out.