Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Nexo Knights Discussion

Comments

• TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,399
    Aaah, yes! Those Germans kids of course .....

Better make sure all those fire engines remain red.

VorpalRyuDedgeckoMynatt
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,300
    ^ Ok! Whatever the German kids want, it might be an idea to go with that...
    TheBigLegoskixiahna
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,359

Choose the correct statement

A) The kid is home alone

B) The parents have extreme patience

C) They are laughing their ass off.

VorpalRyuTheBigLegoski
  • crazycarlcrazycarl USAMember Posts: 392
    legomatt said:
    ^ Looks like someone at Lego might have a faded memory of Hasbro's 'VISIONARIES' (Knights of the magical light). Those (pictured nexo) Knights all appear to have a heraldic 'totem' animal on their armour, which no doubt reflects their in-world personality/bestows them with abilities.

Hopefully that's where the similarity with Visionaries' totemic cyber-knights ends. But somehow I doubt the story-arc will be much different, as it all ultimately points down the same logical path if no concerted effort is made to do otherwise... e.g. fighting over some faux magic-nano-tech, which contains the source-(code) of all their powers, possibly with the aid of a neutral/enigmatic know-all wizard riffing off 'merlin'/'warlock' for a name, whom foolishly attempts to maintain balance between both sides, with such mind-blowing psycho-babble as 'without dark, there is no light, without light... I can't find the bathroom'.

REALLY Wizlinmerlock? Well, now my outlook on the universe is totally changed... by the way, i still have to fight the bad guys in a duel to the death, right?

'Oh yes, yes. So here's a magic sword, and a nexo-spell to create cyber-fireballs'.

'Cheers Wizmorklin, mate, that's what i came for, but it's ok now 'cos i "learned a lesson", yeah?'.

"Yes, ignoring sagely-given wisdom while being bored and headstrong makes you the good guys... oh they've already gone'.

'...Let's kick nexo-butt guys!'

If this comes to pass, forgive me if a little yawn escapes my mouth, I'll try to do it discretely. :oP

However the potential for same-old lame-old story arcs aside, i'm still looking forward (as ever) to see what monstrosities - i mean designs - they produce in yet another attempt at something Knightly, (having already failed dismally with the ultimate sword & sorcery license there was)... but then, we might get battlepacks with this if it starts to flag.
    OMG there is someone else who remembers Visionaries!!!   I had a ton of those as a kid!
    legomattcatwrangler
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,300
    ^ C? Do I get a cookie?
    xiahna
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    D) The parents are filming him hoping they can make money on You Tube.
    crazycarl
    while laughing their ass off, right?
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    Having now browsed comments around the interwebs, I note a faint whiff of - or at least potential for - some small amount of AFOL-rage in relation to this range, oddly enough. (It simply strikes me as normal Lego practice, the next heavily promoted in-house 'thing', like ninjago, chima, and whatnot).

But in case (and before) I get burned at the nexo-stake, or mistaken for an unbelieber in any opening salvos in a short-lived and quickly forgotten 'slow-news' war, I would like to quickly point out my post above was the usual brand of irreverence for entertainment purposes, and not a statement of position.

At present time, any such judgement, be it for or against, shall be reserved until such a time when more is known. ;o)
    PoochyDedgeckocatwranglersnowhitie
    Medieval Times Gets Some Futuristic Upgrades With Legos New Nexo Knights

I love the Jestro minifigure! Too bad the whole line wasn't designed like him instead of these futuristic designs. It could have been the coolest Castle sets ever.

It's interesting how LEGO has been trying to change the proportions of minifigures as they did with the character on the top right. First it was the giant fists they used in Chima, now a whole torso. I wonder what a HULK would look like if they did something like that.

Medieval Times Gets Some Futuristic Upgrades With Legos New Nexo Knights
    I hope I don't have to buy that big set just to get Jestro, though some parts of it look cool I don't like the overall look of it. The "demon" giant in the front looks cool and the trans orange chains and wheels. This ling definitely would have been a whole lot cooler if it had been strictly medieval.
    TheBigLegoskicatwrangler
    edited October 2015
     Wow!
    I like it     a lot!           It is so whacky.
    That's supposed to say "line" not "ling". The ability to edit in this forum is terrible.
    edited October 2015
    That horse looks kind of dopey but if they give you a transparent stand for it to give it the illusion of flying it could redeem it slightly. Otherwise it looks like a rocking horse.
    @chuxtoybox 
    Where did you find those pics? Maybe the horse has a transparent wheels in it, like the new SW First Order Snowspeeder!?!

Those minifigs make me smile with their comical expressions, especially the green 'wolfpack' knight (or is it the fox from knights kingdom II ?!). That jester is fantastic, and that 'bull' knight with his broad shoulders looks cool.

I do understand that a lot of people who hated the 'jellybean' knights (from KK II) will hate this too. Too bad for them. I can see this theme getting as popular as Ninjago.
    Aanchir
  • tratclifftratcliff Member Posts: 13
    Because I'm out of display and storage space, I'm trying to shift to collecting mini figures. Looks like I'll be spending a bunch at Bricklink, if I don't give in to temptation on the sets. 
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 245
    I, for one, look at Dr. Who and the Castle-on-Treads and see lots of deep, rich blue and think...2016 Baseplates in that Deep Blue?  Well, one can dream...
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    Just as I feared. So much going on... no center of focus without one design that is perceivable. Pass and a half from me.
  • VBaskin2008VBaskin2008 Member Posts: 181
    I think the NEXO Knights are LEGO's rip off to Hasbro's 1987 toy line The Visionaries.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,343
    crazycarl said:
    legomatt said:
    ^ Looks like someone at Lego might have a faded memory of Hasbro's 'VISIONARIES' (Knights of the magical light). Those (pictured nexo) Knights all appear to have a heraldic 'totem' animal on their armour, which no doubt reflects their in-world personality/bestows them with abilities.

Hopefully that's where the similarity with Visionaries' totemic cyber-knights ends. But somehow I doubt the story-arc will be much different, as it all ultimately points down the same logical path if no concerted effort is made to do otherwise... e.g. fighting over some faux magic-nano-tech, which contains the source-(code) of all their powers, possibly with the aid of a neutral/enigmatic know-all wizard riffing off 'merlin'/'warlock' for a name, whom foolishly attempts to maintain balance between both sides, with such mind-blowing psycho-babble as 'without dark, there is no light, without light... I can't find the bathroom'.

REALLY Wizlinmerlock? Well, now my outlook on the universe is totally changed... by the way, i still have to fight the bad guys in a duel to the death, right?

'Oh yes, yes. So here's a magic sword, and a nexo-spell to create cyber-fireballs'.

'Cheers Wizmorklin, mate, that's what i came for, but it's ok now 'cos i "learned a lesson", yeah?'.

"Yes, ignoring sagely-given wisdom while being bored and headstrong makes you the good guys... oh they've already gone'.

'...Let's kick nexo-butt guys!'

If this comes to pass, forgive me if a little yawn escapes my mouth, I'll try to do it discretely. :oP

However the potential for same-old lame-old story arcs aside, i'm still looking forward (as ever) to see what monstrosities - i mean designs - they produce in yet another attempt at something Knightly, (having already failed dismally with the ultimate sword & sorcery license there was)... but then, we might get battlepacks with this if it starts to flag.
    OMG there is someone else who remembers Visionaries!!!   I had a ton of those as a kid!
    Still have mine.
    edited October 2015
    Re: those figs... On initial impressions, I'm sad to say they're not much to my liking really. 

I don't really know why but the Jokester just isn't doing anything for me, so the 'Joe Swanson' (top right, lol) is my personal highlight of the bunch. 

But in general the good guys' shaping looks a bit on the feminine side, the chainmail sections looking a little like they're wearing rocky horror picture show fishnet body stocking/suspenders type get-ups, or something. :oP
    Whilst the red sections of the girl fig immediately conjured images of her having been skinned hellraiser style. :ox  Ouch.

There might be some nice parts though, the visors look interesting.
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    40k Grey Knights vs Khorne, The Blood God
    aimlesspursuits
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 769
    edited October 2015
    I'm excited to see more of the sets. I was hoping they'd reuse some of the helmet
    pieces from the past castle line but oh well.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,866
    Wondering if the giant armour guy comes without arms attached to his torso? Which would be a first? Otherwise how does his armour attach?
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 578
    The BrickShow has posted a few videos on their YouTube page of the sets.
    the 2 first sets don't look bad, though not particularly interesting to me.
    I'm surprised by the low number of minifigs. the Jestro's mobile seems to have only 2 (3 if you count the lava golem), the castle has 7, but only 4 of them are proper minifigs.
    The biggest disappointment is the little robots.  They look terrible.  All of the pieces that make them up are unpleasing to the eye.
    Bumblepants
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,827
    Dedgecko said:
    The biggest disappointment is the little robots.  They look terrible.  All of the pieces that make them up are unpleasing to the eye.
    Seriously? I thought they were downright adorable! And they have possibly the most articulation and rebuilding potential of any humanoid LEGO robot that doesn't use a standard minifigure torso and legs. I'm excited to see what else some of their parts can be used for!
    eggshen
  • VBaskin2008VBaskin2008 Member Posts: 181
    I still think they're a rip off of Visionaries.
    Are the knights really good guys? Seriously, who builds a fortress on tank treads covered with cannons?

aimlesspursuitsricecakeRomanticWarriorkiki180703VBaskin2008catwrangler
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Will definitely be getting multiples of Jestro to make alternate versions of Joker, but it saddens me because now there's another minifigure I have to hide from my son. Let's just say he doesn't like the Joker minifigs and leave it at that. There aren't enough words to accurately describe how much it freaks him out.
    VBaskin2008
    ^
    So your son suffers from Coulrophobia. You did not call your kid by any chance Cosmo Kramer did you?
    VBaskin2008SumoLego
    @legomatt 
    That Joe Swanson/American Dad of yours appears to be called 'Axl' and his body proportions remind me even more of Johny Bravo.
    'Do the monkey with me'

VBaskin2008
    http://www.lego.com/en-us/nexoknights/videos A lot of videos. Not sure if they really help you know the characters much though. I do like these minifigures though....and yes they make me think of Visionaries.
    VBaskin2008
  • thedoctor46thedoctor46 UKMember Posts: 205
    I've just shown these to my five year old, they have his seal of aproval which is good enough for me.
    dannyrwwVBaskin2008SumoLego
    They need to fix their links of the background images.  The previews have proper lighting, but the file that pops up to download is way too dark (obscuring the faces and throwing the levels way off).

Preview(with others):
    http://www.lego.com/en-us/nexoknights/activities/poster/aaron-poster-5f407fde07cd4ccba17e9087a16f67a6

Actual file:
    http://cache.lego.com/r/catalogs/-/media/catalogs/activities/nexo knights/2015/posters/download files/aaron poster 2015.pdf?l.r2=1812917868

VBaskin2008
    edited October 2015
    lol, clay fights with a claymore, axl with an axe, lance with a lance, macy with a mace. not sure about aaron. I would guess arbalest.
    chuckpVBaskin2008
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    edited October 2015
    ^ Based on the promo video, it looks like Aaron uses arrows. I'd love to know the names/weaponry combos that did't make the cut. Perhaps Macy's sister Stacey who uses a staple gun? :)
    FauchDedgeckopharmjodkiki180703VBaskin2008The_Mad_VulcanAmanda1983
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,385
    Fauch said:
    lol, clay fights with a claymore, axl with an axe, lance with a lance, macy with a mace. not sure about aaron. I would guess arbalest.
    Maybe Aaron just waves his arms wildly.

(Or shoots arrows.)
    BumblepantsVBaskin2008
    chuckp said:
    ^ Based on the promo video, it looks like Aaron uses arrows. I'd love to know the names/weaponry combos that did't make the cut. Perhaps Macy's sister Stacey who uses a staple gun? :)
    'Bastard' probably didn't make the short list.
    dannyrwwpharmjodVBaskin2008chuckpandhecatwrangler
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    chuckp said:
    I'd love to know the names/weaponry combos that did't make the cut.
    Bilbo and ...oh wait.  Nevermind.  That may be copyright infringement
    SumoLegoPurplorosThanos75kiki180703TheBigLegoskiCM4SVorpalRyuVBaskin2008chuckp
    edited October 2015
    ^  Bilbo isn't an alliteration of sausage... good morning!

But they are going to announce a new character named 'Whitney Rangefighter'...
    VorpalRyuVBaskin2008
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    I wondered why they canceled the character named Richard.
    RomanticWarriorVorpalRyuSumoLegoVBaskin2008chuckp
    http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105102&st=3925#entry2353631

Massive dump of cache pics it looks like from CM4Sci, even more a few entries below that.

Despite the blue and gray mashup, I think I'm turning a corner on these.  That King Mech looks like a beast!
    VBaskin2008
    ^ *sighs at the inevitable balrog comments being attached to anything remotely fiery or monstrous* 

Pffft! Anyone saying 'they made a balrog' deserves dumping into a gunge tank, or slapping with a wet fish, but most importantly being forced to play with megablocks for the rest of time... cos they're just the same, right? Right? Exactly.

The chima ice mammoth was not a mumak, a nexo lava monster is not the balrog. What they are is bloody annoying. LOL

I sometimes get the impression that Lego at some point post-lotr realised they could have, perhaps should have, when subsequent designs drop the occasional, almost apologetic, nod at such missed opportunities, as though a remedy to tease out the money they left in people's wallets.

But that rock monster is to the balrog, as megablocks is to lego... IT SHALL NOT PASS!

:oP
    VBaskin2008snowhitie
    that king mech is interesting. I'm not much into the rest, though the big buggy looks pretty cool. in a space setting.
    VBaskin2008
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,827
    I still like the little robo-horses better than the big one. It's cool that they come in different colors for the different knights, though I'm sure it'll bother some people that they are all built more or less the same way.

I'm pretty pleased with the extra castle tower that can link up to the Fortrex! And the mini-Fortrex polybag is pretty cute!

The king's mech and whatever that big monster is are pretty epic-looking! The big ol' swordmobile and goofy chariot drawn by the two chomping lava balls are interesting and look like they have some interesting functions.

Really impressed with this theme overall... but still a bit hesitant to commit to collecting it until I get a feel for how expensive it and the other stuff on my wish list will be. If I can manage to swing some review copies of sets like I did this year, that'll take some of the bite out of next year's lineup, but hard to know what might be worth inquiring about until we've gotten pics of the themes I'm already determined to collect (Ninjago, Bionicle, and Elves).
    VBaskin2008
    interestingly, out of all the 2016 sets revealed, nexo knights features some of the best looking sets along with some of the worst ones.
    VBaskin2008
    Posted Image
    This would have been a cool concept, though obviously already a Japanese one. Giant fighting  creatures and robots.  Evil side conjuring giant creatures of rock and flame with dark magic and the good creating giant mechs with scientific technology to battle them.  
    chuckpVBaskin2008
    oh it comes with the collectible burger king as well. nice. wonder if it will look nice, clashing with the samurai mech.
    MynattVBaskin2008
    ^  If this King has the Burger King's moves, I'll buy one.

DedgeckoVBaskin2008
    Is it just me or does it seem like to get the main characters you must by the bigger sets. The small sets seem to just come with generic knights. This is different than the Chima and Ninjago model. Also it does not seem to fit the game model for these either. That I am okay with.
    VBaskin2008