Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General DC Discussion

1234568»

Comments

• jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 769
    Add a mullet and you've got Bronze Tiger King.  
    SumoLegoBumblepants
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,877
    Someone has to be working on an Ideas set...
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,763
    SumoLego said:
    It will be rubbish.
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,877
    MaffyD said:
    SumoLego said:
    It will be rubbish.
    Beautiful, wonderous, magical, perfect rubbish.  Who doesn't want a Darth Maul-scale Joe Exotic bust?
    MaffyD
  • SearchlightRGSearchlightRG AmericaMember Posts: 234
    stlux said:
    @Bumblepants He's Bronze Tiger according to the set description available on some sites, e.g. here.

So...does anyone else wonder why we've got Robin-mask Batgirl coming in that set? I don't follow the comics so maybe there's been an update I'm not familiar with, but it seems a bit odd.
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 490
    stlux said:
    @Bumblepants He's Bronze Tiger according to the set description available on some sites, e.g. here.

So...does anyone else wonder why we've got Robin-mask Batgirl coming in that set? I don't follow the comics so maybe there's been an update I'm not familiar with, but it seems a bit odd.
    Have you tried... Google? I did, as soon as I saw the suit color.
    Batgirl had a costume change, more-less recently. 
    klinton
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,854

Batgirl has had a few costume changes recently one in 2018 and one last year. The one in the bat truck looks like it is based on the 2018 one. Which in turn was very similar to the costume for Batgirl Year One. Which I really liked as a outfit.
    SearchlightRG
  • SearchlightRGSearchlightRG AmericaMember Posts: 234
    @jnscoelho I've learned that Google searches for comic book art are a BAD idea.

@Redbullgivesuwind appreciate the info. The only versions of Batgirl I've seen rock the Robin-style mask are the DC Super Hero Girls version (and she sports a hood in addition) and the one from that live action Batman movie fans in general prefer not to talk about. That one was also blond, so I figured it wasn't a reference to that.
    Redbullgivesuwindjnscoelho
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 277
    I just saw the high-res images of the new Batman sets, and apparently they come with additional capes for display in addition to the normal soft one. I really want the one that looks like it's blowing in the wind, so hopefully they will make some good Batman sets again in the future so I can get my hands on it.
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 490
    J0rgen said:
    I just saw the high-res images of the new Batman sets, and apparently they come with additional capes for display in addition to the normal soft one. I really want the one that looks like it's blowing in the wind, so hopefully they will make some good Batman sets again in the future so I can get my hands on it.
    Yes, I saw that too, it's pretty cool that the put those in every set now (or so it seems), and the blowing in the wind one looks awesome.