Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Marvel Discussion

Comments

• CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,299
    Those are all real they come from a Romanian shopping site by the name of dol.ro
    gmonkey76ReesesPieces
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 823
    Real or fake, the Iron man armory definitely got me excited.  I've always wondered why iron man doesn't share his suits with some of the weaker avengers like Hawkeye, black widow and even falcon.
    vwong19
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,175
    I like the prospect of more characters and a proper Iron Man armory.
    ReesesPieces
    gmonkey76 said:
    ^same reason I don't share my LEGO. It's mine all mine, and you can't play with it.
    Definitely sounds like something Tony stank would say.
    gmonkey76VorpalRyuSumoLegodmcc0starwars4ever
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,311
    edited December 2018
    didn't he share a suit with bruce banner?
    also I remember black widow kicking some serious ass in infinity war and saving some supposedly much stronger avengers.
    VorpalRyu
    Imagine how much more ass black widow could have kicked with an iron man suit.
    Also, I think Bruce banner took the hulkbuster suit without permission considering Tony was in space fighting thanos.  I actually did wonder how Bruce got access to the hulkbuster suit (pepper maybe?).
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,777
    I am guessing that as Banner he must still have access to Stark/Avengers Tower and the kit inside it. Unlike the comics it seems this version isnt treated with fear by the rest of the avengers.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,889
    I'm going to jump ahead of the line and complain the Iron Man Armory doesn't have my favorite obscure suit in it or room for every suit ever even the customs I bought off eBay. C'mon Lego!

Seriously though it would be cool if it is designed to easily expand with multiple sets so you can create a bigger one with more suits in it.
    gmonkey76FowlerBricksReesesPieces
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,251
    I am guessing that as Banner he must still have access to Stark/Avengers Tower and the kit inside it. Unlike the comics it seems this version isnt treated with fear by the rest of the avengers.
    The vision Wanda gave Tony in AOU probably made him see the potential that rest of the team will die at some point & allowing them access to the Iron Man armours may be the only chance to turn around those events.
    Redbullgivesuwind
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,175
    Finally saw Spider-man: Into the Spider-verse and was blown away by the quality of this movie. Great animation and story. My kids loved it. One of my favorite comic movies and among the best Marvel films of all time. Looking forward to buying more Lego Spiderman sets to complete my multiverse.
    SumoLegodmcc0BrickByBrickBOBJACK_JACKBOB
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,083
    (I'm on the lookout for a pudgy middle-aged Peter B. Parker.)
    vwong19dmcc0BrickByBrick
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,582
    Well, I haven't been on this thread in a while. But I'm up to date now! I take it those 4 pack minifigs haven't surfaced anywhere other than Canada yet? I'm not up to date on distribution at the moment.

Looks like I've missed S-M:ITS-V too - it's not on at any of my local venues, and I can't justify a long trip. So I'll see it at home.

Looking forward to Captain Marvel (the set is pretty average, but I love Goose, and of course now I have an MCU Captain Marvel).

I also want to limit my exposure to Endgame trailers, but I'm not very strong-willed so will probably end up seeing everything before I go in. I just hope the trailer-makers don't do a homage to 'BvS' in plot-dropping...

Looking forward to the sets as well. I need another spaceship. And a Quinjet. Or a Space-quinjet - that'd be perfect!
    BOBJACK_JACKBOB
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 517
    edited January 31
    @MaffyD the bricktober sets were available in Canada and some European countries. A fellow member from Germany very kindly helped me out to get the Marvel, Harry Potter and Ninjago ones. The price varied by a few euros between them but they worked out about £25 each on average. I think the Marvel ones are the most in demand and so most expensive. You might be able to ask around on here and see if anyone can help or they are probably available on Bricklink, EBay, etc.
    Obviously you will know what you consider them to be worth but if you got a Marvel set for £30, I think you would be doing well. They are probably only going to go up in price as I don't think they are widely available, even in those places, anymore.
    MaffyD
    Thanks @BOBJACK_JACKBOB - I'll have to give it a think. I experience a bit of cognitive dissonance when buying 'just' minifigs... even though most of my set buying is based on what figs are in it!
    BOBJACK_JACKBOB
    edited January 31
    @MaffyD I know what you mean, I can be the same. A few points to consider-
    pros -
    the 4 figures are, IMO, excellent. Great designs, great printing, loads of 'extras' that are not always included e.g. dual molded legs, really intricate, layered printing, leg & arm printing, etc. They do feel 'premium'.
    Wong! A brand new character and possibly the only chance to get him. He may not ever appear again (admittedly unlikely, but possible).
    A very nice, different, Tony Stark.

Cons -
    Another Tony Stark.
    You probably have War Machine and Bucky already, if not, you know they will be available again in some form (probably even later this year with the Endgame sets, one of which is rumoured to be War Machine centric)
    The price.

The deciding factor for me was Wong. I love the character and the actor and I have made a modular version of Dr Stranges building and it felt incomplete without him.
    SumoLegoMaffyD
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,638
    Is anyone else biting their nails in anticipation of Iron Man's armor room?
    @FowlerBricks Yes, I recently got a second hand Malibu Mansion set that I missed the first time round, I think I got it on here on the Marketplace thread. Really happy I got that to possibly combine it with the armour room. Looking forward to maybe creating something big to house all the different versions of Armour that I've aquired over the years.
    FowlerBricks
    @BOBJACK_JACKBOB Have you seen the leaked armors that will be included?
    edited January 31
    I have, yes. I don't want to go into details here for spoiler reasons but there is a link in the Leaks thread to see them.
    FowlerBricks
    ^I've seen them already. Super pumped!
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 630
    I'm still holding out hope that the IW bricktober pack will get used as a promo when the endgame sets come out
    Maybe a mistake but I'm not paying $50+
    BOBJACK_JACKBOBgmonkey76FowlerBricksMynatt
    @BrickByBrick Fingers crossed. That would be nice.
    FowlerBricks
  • LewisBLewisB CambridgeMember Posts: 5
    So, now we've seen the new sets, anyone reckon there's any hope of a second wave after the film's release?
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 390
    LewisB said:
    So, now we've seen the new sets, anyone reckon there's any hope of a second wave after the film's release?
    Have they done that with Marvel movies? I don't remember that happening. 
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 390
    thenos said:
    LewisB said:
    Have they done that with Marvel movies? I don't remember that happening. 
    To answer my own question, I went to this fabulous website - brickset.com - and the answer is no. There are historically no 2nd waves for Marvel stuff. 
    eddiewBOBJACK_JACKBOB
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 760
    #76067 came out after Civil War, so there's precedent.
    SumoLegoVorpalRyu
    Or an abberation - as Marvel was trying very hard to hide Spider-Man's involvement in Civil War.
    thenosdmcc0
    I can see them having another set or two coming out later just like the aforementioned set.  If you noticed, they don't have any of the characters that died as a result if the snap (strange, Spider-Man, fall on, etc.) so maybe they are trying to hold on to the spoiler heavy sets like the spiderman/civil war set.  I know everyone knows they are coming back but even the trailers made sure not to show any of these characters so just a thought.
    SumoLegoVorpalRyu
    ^ I'm inclined to agree with @ReesesPieces, because there is no way LEGO would pass on another Spider-Man, Black Panther and Winter Soldier.
    VorpalRyuthenosgmonkey76
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,889
    The Endgame wave looks like the Lego set designers probably didn't have much info to work with due to secrecy concerns. I will be surprised if anything apart from the War Machine suit and Quinjet look like buildings and vehicles in the film. 
    CaptainRogersgmonkey76
    Anyone else slightly disappointed that the Quinjet isn't an Ultimate Quinjet? I mean, it's great looking, and big enough to match the original hunk of grey, but I was hoping there would be a BIG big one, like the Helicarrier set.

Oh well. At least we get a helicopter. ;->
    SumoLego said:
    Or an abberation - as Marvel was trying very hard to hide Spider-Man's involvement in Civil War.
    Spider-Man was featured in the trailer...

• J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 220
    It's ultimate in that it's (probably) the final Quinjet we'll get. Also it's proper scale and the most accurate.
    MaffyD
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,251
    ^ Final Quinjet? Ummm....you know how the running joke with City sets about helicopters? For Marvel, that would be what Quinjets are.
    ReesesPiecesgmonkey76Baby_Yoda
    edited March 5
    SumoLego said:
    Spider-Man was featured in the trailer...
    I meant in the pre-production.  The trailer was the big reveal.  (They didn't want the LEGO set leaks to be the inadvertent reveal.)
    dmcc0VorpalRyuCaptainRogersgmonkey76stlux
    ^That does make sense. Hopefully a similar tactic is taken with Avengers: Endgame.
    SumoLegoVorpalRyugmonkey76
    They are doing a pretty good job.  Other than the white suits, we really don't know anything about the plot, etc.  

I'll be happy going into Endgame knowing what I thought I knew about Infinity War.
    BrickByBrickVorpalRyuCaptainRogersReesesPieces
    I just want a tank top beefcake Thanos bigfig. Is that too much to ask?
    BOBJACK_JACKBOB
    SumoLego said:
    They are doing a pretty good job.  Other than the white suits, we really don't know anything about the plot, etc.  

I'll be happy going into Endgame knowing what I thought I knew about Infinity War.
    Yes. The fewer details I know, the better. I have a friend who won't even look at these sets (even though they are probably very spoiler-free) becuase he wants to go in knowing as little as possible. I respect that.
    SumoLegogmonkey76
    I just want a tank top beefcake Thanos bigfig. Is that too much to ask?
    Yes.  

But I wouldn't mind having one, either.
    Baby_Yoda
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 712
    edited March 5
    SumoLego said:

Yes. The fewer details I know, the better. I have a friend who won't even look at these sets (even though they are probably very spoiler-free) becuase he wants to go in knowing as little as possible. I respect that.
    I've seen some thing on YouTube(I know I know) that seemed to be fairly "credible" with plotlines..if true then wow...but then again it could be complete and utter arse!
    No spoilers, thank you.
    redarmy
  • redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 712
    SumoLego said:
    No spoilers, thank you.
    Yes sir!
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,299
    The Avengers will fight Thanos.
    SumoLegogmonkey76FowlerBricksMynattBaby_Yodapharmjod
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,383
    To be honest, I rather toy companies get the likeness correct on their action figures/minifigures and release the toys the day of the movie rather than releasing the toys weeks...even months before the movie comes out. 
    CM4Sdatsunrobbiegmonkey76MegtheCatSumoLegoflordsonatine01
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,474
    I just hope all the sets are still available after the home-release of the movie. None of the new Avenger's sets is screaming "buy me!", but that might change after seeing the movie. I expect they may be on clearance at Target by the time the movie is released on DVD.
    Pitfall69 said:
    ...I rather toy companies get the likeness correct...
    Obviously, you are not well acquainted with the 'I must have it before everyone else, even though I don't know what it is or why I want it' culture in which we currently find ourselves...

Star Wars has a contrived even day just for merchandise months in advance of a movie release.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,311
    so the quinjet is the best set but doesn't have figs I really want, and the hall of armors has the best figs but the build doesn't look crazy. 
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 647
    Pitfall69 said:
    To be honest, I rather toy companies get the likeness correct on their action figures/minifigures and release the toys the day of the movie rather than releasing the toys weeks...even months before the movie comes out. 
    Yes and no. I was actually really happy with the disconnect between Ares' representation in the toys (including the Lego set and the Mattel figure) and his final onscreen appearance in the Wonder Woman film. I've several 'classic' styled figures of him, so the bestiale designs were a nice change of pace for once. 

That said, I can't think of another such example where I was genuinely pleased with an inaccuracy in merchandising. It's usually resigned tolerance at best.