Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

General Marvel Discussion

Comments

• FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,233
    could it be a junior set?
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,186
    Hmmm... The last Marvel Juniors set was Iron Man vs Loki....and even that one used the standard Iron Man helmet.
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,266
    VorpalRyu said:
    I'm with @MaffyD on the claims about that Detroit Steel set & a Coulson Minifig, wasn't that also mentioned previously in that "leak" that came from some 4chan user? Why would they use the Mighty Micros Iron Man helmet for a standard Superheroes line set when the helmet they already use looks so much better?

Suspicious, very suspicious...
    No. It's real, it comes with Kamala Khan. Mighty Micros helmet looks way better too :P
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,431

^ I agree that the Mighty Micros helmet does look better. And I suppose a set with Detroit Steel and Agent Coulson in it is as likely as a set with Nick Fury and Venom in it...

shotgunchipmunk
  • super_curry_maxsuper_curry_max Member Posts: 73
    edited September 2016
    CircleK said:
    ^ I like it! The PC isn't lacking an interior but integrating the beast so that it is shooting out of the screen would be cool too - it would be the best 3D movie ever!

What does "pc" mean
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,732
    @super_curry_max It's the Palace Cinema. 
  • norival1992norival1992 JapanMember Posts: 11
    Deadpool not only talks back to his enemies, but also breaks the fourth wall and talk back to the readers.
  • ethanjwallethanjwall United StatesMember Posts: 118
    edited January 2018
    Didn't see this anywhere else, and as it's making the rounds on the web, here's a link to a video that {has been removed  by the admins...}
  • Brixfan02Brixfan02 USAMember Posts: 161
    edited January 2018
    Is it okay to post these?

No: Links to them on other web pages are fine, though -- Huw
    FowlerBricksLostInTranslation
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 680
    Love em. The building especially will be super useful for making a modular Sanctum Sanctorum.
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282
    OMG I’m getting a Sanctum Santorum for sure!!!!! 
    This is what I have wanted in the Hero sets. MORE BUILDINGS! 
    FowlerBricksLostInTranslationCaptainRogersTheBrickPalcatwrangler
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,566
    OMG I’m getting a Sanctum Santorum for sure!!!!! 
    This is what I have wanted in the Hero sets. MORE BUILDINGS! 
    YES! YESYESYESYES! No more vehicles! We have enough! We want more landscapes and buildings!
    MattPetersenicey117
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,497
    I love that Groot!!

Want the Sanctum Sanctorum set too for sure. 
    Brixfan02 said:
    Is it okay to post these?

No: Links to them on other web pages are fine, though -- Huw
    Sorry, my bad
  • ethanjwallethanjwall United StatesMember Posts: 118
    My bad on that. Tried to put a link and accidentally embedded a video...
    edited February 2018
  • SearchlightRGSearchlightRG AmericaMember Posts: 186
    I’m curious to see what set 76105 will be, and whether it will include Supergiant-so far as I’m aware she’s the only Black Order member who’s presence in a set has yet to be confirmed.
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,186
    With how tightly under wraps TLG is keeping these last two sets, I'm suspecting they're actually for Ant-Man & the Wasp, or they contain massive spoilers that Marvel is desperate to keep secret until Infinity War releases, or possibly both.

There were suggestions going back that with the Infinity Gems in play, that characters that have died could be brought back, like Quicksilver or Yondu. Someone suggested elsewhere that part of story arc could end up with the Avengers having to bring them back to help defeat Thanos.

Another thing it could be, it was said in the video announcing the beginning of the shoot that Thanos is the biggest threat that the Avengers have ever faced & it was implied that they will need all the Avengers to come together to defeat him. The inclusion of the Guardians of the Galaxy in this film confirms the favourite fan claim they are the Avengers of space, but there's another still living Avenger we don't see in the trailer....Coulson. It could be that Coulson will be in the film, possibly with some of his team.
    BumblepantsFowlerBricksMegtheCatLEGO_Dad77xiahna
    Well, there’s apparently around 80 characters in the movie, so it’s possible some of Marvel’s TV properties could be involved. 76105 is currently listed on Brickset as Infinity War, but I suppose it and 106 could turn out to be Ant-Man and the Wasp.
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 586
    It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to see some of Marvel's expanded TV MCU characters in Infinity War, at least as cameos. Coulson already has film appearances so it seems almost certain he would reappear, although Martin Freeman's character keeps popping up instead of him it seems. With Fury as well of course.

The Agents of Shield story arcs are so massive and wide ranging that they could really please some fans by introducing elements. A huge part of Agents of Shield has always been the Inhumans, which then got their own TV series which we are to assume is also canon. I bet Iron Man and co wouldn't mind some Inhuman help against Thanos... Then there is the whole Ava/LMD and what I like to call the 'MCU Matrix' storyline, plus a lengthy Ghost Rider plot line. It would be great to think Doctor Strange finds Ghost Rider in a journey through the realms in Doctor Strange 2 but I doubt we'll see him in Infinity War.

Featuring Hydra again seems likely, but having cut off so many heads, can any of them grow back anymore? I haven't even mentioned the Daredevil/Luke Cage/Jessica Jones/Iron Fist team but it also seems less likely that they would appear. But you ever know...
    LEGO_Dad77
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,566
    VorpalRyu said:
    With how tightly under wraps TLG is keeping these last two sets, I'm suspecting they're actually for Ant-Man & the Wasp, or they contain massive spoilers that Marvel is desperate to keep secret until Infinity War releases, or possibly both.

There were suggestions going back that with the Infinity Gems in play, that characters that have died could be brought back, like Quicksilver or Yondu. Someone suggested elsewhere that part of story arc could end up with the Avengers having to bring them back to help defeat Thanos.

Another thing it could be, it was said in the video announcing the beginning of the shoot that Thanos is the biggest threat that the Avengers have ever faced & it was implied that they will need all the Avengers to come together to defeat him. The inclusion of the Guardians of the Galaxy in this film confirms the favourite fan claim they are the Avengers of space, but there's another still living Avenger we don't see in the trailer....Coulson. It could be that Coulson will be in the film, possibly with some of his team.
    Yondu will not be coming back. The actor himself confirmed it.
    Ucs hulkbuster images released, check the leaks thread 
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,506
    I would be shocked if any MCU television characters were to appear in any future MCU movies.  It really appears to be a one-way street.  Once you hit the television universe, you don't re-appear in an MCU movie.  Fury will likely be the (final?) exception, and Peggy Carter, of course.

It does strike me as odd that in all of the Netflix series, there hasn't been a casual encounter with Hydra or SHIELD.    Or Damage Control, or Dr. Strange.

The cataclysmic failure of the Inhumans perhaps reinforced the evident biforcation of the MCUs.  There is no way Marvel is going reintegrate a failed television property into the multi-billion dollar juggernaut that is the MCU...

As an aside, I am sure Marvel/Disney were in extended negotiations with Fox regarding the X-Men.  Billion dollar deals don't happen overnight, and I would imagine Marvel hedging their bets.  I don't think it is a coincidence that the Inhumans movie was pulled from the MCU movie schedule and made into a television property.

Why bother with Inhumans in the MCU when you can selectively use Mutants?  You'd have to come up with a somewhat new origin story for Mutants different from the Inhuman elements already in the MCU.  Or reboot!
    gmonkey76FizyxFowlerBrickscatwrangler
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 640
    SumoLego said:
    I would be shocked if any MCU television characters were to appear in any future MCU movies.  It really appears to be a one-way street.  Once you hit the television universe, you don't re-appear in an MCU movie.  Fury will likely be the (final?) exception, and Peggy Carter, of course.

It does strike me as odd that in all of the Netflix series, there hasn't been a casual encounter with Hydra or SHIELD.    Or Damage Control, or Dr. Strange.
    I am pretty sure I read somewhere awhile ago (like, 2 years ago) that this is related to the licensing deal that Netflix as for the MCU IP that's being used for their shows.  Unfortunately it was so long ago that I could absolutely be remembering wrong, and I don't have any source for it (and am, sorry, way to lazy to track one down right now :P)

But yeah, I think you're pretty much spot on.  The only reason Inhumans happened in the first place was because they couldn't use X-Men.  And now that they CAN, and the Inhuman problem has been nicely shunted off on Netflix, well... there you go.
    I don't think any Inhumans appear on the Netflix shows.  They seem to be limited to the MCU television world.
    Fizyx
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 640
    SumoLego said:
    I don't think any Inhumans appear on the Netflix shows.  They seem to be limited to the MCU television world.

Ack, you're right, ABC has the Inhumans show.  I was mixing up some other stuff with the inability of MCU TV to use X-Men and 'mutants' specifically.  My only excuse is that it's been quite a long time since I dove down this rabbit hole >.<  Point remains though that Disney specifically has basically removed the Inhumans problem by pushing it off on another network.  If it had worked as a substitute for X-Men, great, they could have brought it back, but now they can blame ABC for ruining it and never touch it again if they don't want to.

(Also, on the ABC notes... I'm not sure that I'm sad they ruined Inhumans, since it's apparently made them pretty cold on other MCU TV shows, which I'm okay with because I'd rather that someone who was willing to go all in on the shows made them, instead of someone whose going to half-a** it and make a crappy show.)
    SumoLego
    Here's a video about the hulk buster UCS https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=1s&v=AFKKqUpH0e4
    Fizyx said:
    (Also, on the ABC notes... I'm not sure that I'm sad they ruined Inhumans, since it's apparently made them pretty cold on other MCU TV shows, which I'm okay with because I'd rather that someone who was willing to go all in on the shows made them, instead of someone whose going to half-a** it and make a crappy show.)
    To be reasonable - I think the concept is a tough sell.  A 'Royal' family of Inhumans basically hiding on the Moon for... eons... suddenly thrust into Hawaii?  It's the recipe for everything bad that the GotG did well.

The SHIELD show isn't too bad, and they have made a marked turn away from being connected to the MCU.  This season's post-apocalyptic Kree-prison camp 'alternative universe' is interesting and not really related to the goings-on in the MCU.

I would think a truly 'alien' show whereby the Inhumans are completely removed from Earth would have been more compelling.  Discovering they are enhanced humans, but on a far-off alien world probably would have had longer legs.

And Black Bolt has to be able to talk.  Squinting as acting makes for bad radio and bad television...
    datsunrobbieFizyxMegtheCatcatwrangler
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,423
    Inhumans was a big disappointment, but has anyone else seen "The Gifted"? Mutants everywhere, lots of X-men references. No link yet established between Otto Von Strucker of Hydra and Andreas von Strucker on the series, but it seems like an easy jump.

The SHIELD crew was hanging out in 2091 all season. If they drop back into the timeline in 2018 they can join back up for all the Infinity Wars fun. Maybe the Earth gets destroyed by Thanos, and Daisy didn't do it after all.

Talking Black Bolt wouldn't be Black Bolt, but Anson Mount didn't pull it off, in my opinion. I don't know who would do better in the role - maybe Vinnie Jones (Sphinx from "Gone in 60 Seconds"). 
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 663

Talking Black Bolt wouldn't be Black Bolt, but Anson Mount didn't pull it off, in my opinion. I don't know who would do better in the role - maybe Vinnie Jones (Sphinx from "Gone in 60 Seconds"). 
    Vinnie Jones is/was a footballer I believe.
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,575
    ^ For Wimbledon who is/was a football team.
    OrmskirkBricks
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 746
    But then he won't be able to say "I'm black bolt, bitch!"
    SumoLego
    ...Otto Von Strucker of Hydra and Andreas von Strucker on the series...
    Huh.  Considering Von Struckers are in the featured in both AoE and SHIELD, that's interesting they're on Gifted.

(I have to admit, I'm not all that interested in Mutants since the last X-Men movie.)
    Don't forget Legion!

Wow Marvel have way too many TV properties. At least that felt quite different and trippy - strong elements of horror in there which I feel suits the X-Men fairly well. Despite the fact that I believe X-Men aren't mentioned the entire time throughout Legion.
    MegtheCat
    Please mark AoS spoilers before you comment, some of us in the uk haven’t had chance to see it yet. Thank you!
    BumblepantsLEGO_Dad77catwranglerSumoLegoMynatt
    MaffyD said:
    Please mark AoS spoilers before you comment, some of us in the uk haven’t had chance to see it yet. Thank you!
    Ah - my apologies!  It hadn't occurred to me that the course of discussion would reveal both unimportant and important plotpoints.

^ No worries @SumoLego -  I don't think I can expect you to keep up to date on our rather obscure E4 channel that 'currently' broadcasts the series. But if I say it now, then further down-thread I won't have any major reveals creep up on me without a bit of warning! :-)

For the uninitiated, UK telly shows tend to not have any mid-season breaks and just go from season start to season finish uninterrupted. So when a US show arrives, broadcasters have to work out what to do.

Sky honours the US tradition of a break, and sticks one in at Christmas time. They do not put any other breaks in, so a show with more than one break will restart a little later in the New Year (Flash, Arrow et al).

E4 is doing something different with AoS - it is waiting until there is enough 'slack' in the schedule to broadcast the whole thing without interruptions until it reaches the end.

No, I don't know why they do it that way either - it's the worst of both worlds.

• MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 482
    ^In the States right now we are having another television break - probably due to the Winter Olympics -  so AoS won't be back on until March 2.
    MaffyD said:
    I also apologise if what I said could be construed as a spoiler going up to during season 4 - however it sounds like in the USA they've now got to season 5 (envy!) but I've also seen no evidence of a season 5 on UK tv as you say. I could remember seeing season 4 of AoS quite a long time ago so assumed much of the plot up to that point was now common knowledge. I've had the same issues as you before checking a program hashtag, only to find out the tag is filled with spoilers from US viewers - it seems there's more often a ...uk hashtag now to avoid this.

There was a point where I thought E4 had killed off AoS from the UK perspective and weren't going to air any more episodes, even if they were made. But hopefully that's not the case.

I'm happy for my friends to spoil away on the Netflix series as I don't have Netflix so I won't be watching them myself!
    MaffyD
    Random thought - I really, really want them to bring back Hella for the Infinity War sequel.

Obviously, I have no insight into the upcoming movie, but it would be a shame if she were a one-and-done character.

(I'd be great if after some sort of defeat that Thanos enlisted her in the sequel.)
    MaffyD
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,555
    SumoLego said:
    Random thought - I really, really want them to bring back Hella for the Infinity War sequel.

Obviously, I have no insight into the upcoming movie, but it would be a shame if she were a one-and-done character.

(I'd be great if after some sort of defeat that Thanos enlisted her in the sequel.)
    Or what if Hella joins the Guardians to help defeat the major villain while they play Hellagood by No Doubt on the Zune Peter Quill has now?!
    Crownie
    SumoLego said:

Or what if Hella joins the Guardians to help defeat the major villain while they play Hellagood by No Doubt on the Zune Peter Quill has now?!
    Makes me think of a DC related idea I’ve had. They need to do a movie or TV show or something in which Commissioner Gordon’s debut is heralded by “The Kommissar’s in Town”.
    Crownie
    Gotham?
    Preferably not Gotham-Gotham hasn’t done that, has it?

You know, it’s a pity Lego doesn’t do sets based on their video games-there’s plenty of nonphysical Minifigures to be had.
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 364
    I saw on the March calendar that there are new Marvel Super Heroes sets coming on the 3rd/4th. Are those the infinity war sets?
    kbw said:
    I saw on the March calendar that there are new Marvel Super Heroes sets coming on the 3rd/4th. Are those the infinity war sets?
    I believe so
    kbwFowlerBricks
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 364
    Thanks
    Nobody posted about official infinity war set images? I guess we've all already seen them.
  • ImABrickManNowImABrickManNow BrickyMcBrickMember Posts: 270
    I no longer buy sets based off movies until I've actually seen the film, but I must say, the Infinity War sets look tempting.
    Let's be honest, it's all about the Sanctum Sanctorum. Although the Orange Milano and system scale Hulkbuster are also pretty good. I wonder if the system Hulkbuster and UCS Hulkbuster will clash in any way on sales.
    SumoLegogmonkey76CaptainRogers