General Marvel Discussion

Comments

• iliketoastiliketoast AustraliaMember Posts: 260
    I really like these, but isn't wave 2 too soon for a character repeat?
    VorpalRyu
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,911
    ^ Not for Spider-Man.  It wouldn't surprise me if two Spider-Mans were in the same set.

(Spider-Men?)
    MynattVorpalRyuDontcopythatfloppy
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    ^Why not Sabertooth? The Uber Wolverine Villian. I thought the magneto was Onslaught!
    ^This! When I think of Wolverine vs. someone, Sabretooth is the baddie that comes to mind. Omega Red could have worked too, but maybe they are a little too obscure for the target market. 
    VorpalRyu
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 930
    Did anyone on here buy two of 76057 to create a whole bridge? Itching to see someone's moc of this.
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,520
    LuLego said:
    Did anyone on here buy two of 76057 to create a whole bridge? Itching to see someone's moc of this.
    Someone on eurobricks has put 4 together !
  • shotgunchipmunkshotgunchipmunk USMember Posts: 74
    I personally don't care for the aesthetic of the Mighty Micros, but man I've been looking for a head like Magneto's for years!  I need it for...reasons.
    VorpalRyunorival1992TheMaker37DontcopythatfloppyLEGO_Dad77
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,911
    In re-watching Avengers, I'm surprised the Loki Cosmic Cube set didn't also have a SHIELD helicopter.
    Coolguy5000VorpalRyuwardm
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,826
    ^Oh my. I am struggling to process that. 
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,214
    While the set looks a bit of a mess, 2 new mini figures and two big figs...crazy
    LostInTranslationcatwrangler
  • ricardo616ricardo616 Member Posts: 44
    This is the sort of set that drives me crazy! I absolutely love the retro Hulk and Shulk figures, I wouldn't mind a red Hulk, but I have zero interest in the red Shulk and the builds, why can't we have some playsets instead of these dumb vehicles? Something to use as display but also a good smashable battle ground for the kids?
    BumblepantsAdzbadboywardmLostInTranslationReesesPiecesMynattstluxGuroooDontcopythatfloppy
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,697
    edited July 2016

A new colour Hulk? (and I don't mean Red Hulk). This set is great, been waiting for a Red Hulk to come along. The other 3 figures look great too plus you get a few parts.

Hang on is this the biggest Mighty Micros set yet?

• sonsofscevasonsofsceva 1904 World's FairMember Posts: 539
    The new set look like an Agents of SMASH set, which is the silly side of Hulk-lore. Looks fun for kids, another fig set with parts for the bin for AFOLs. Do the bigfigs have a place on those buggies? If so, that could add to the interest.
  • hmnicollhmnicoll Member Posts: 65
    The new set look like an Agents of SMASH set, which is the silly side of Hulk-lore. Looks fun for kids, another fig set with parts for the bin for AFOLs. Do the bigfigs have a place on those buggies? If so, that could add to the interest.
    It looks like the bigfigs will be able to stand on each buggy. I can see a few 2x3 plates towards the back of each so that would make sense.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,394
    So, this isn't an SDCC exclusive?
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 569
    edited July 2016
    I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the price. It does not look like a $60 set. The figures look great but I am not a big fan of the builds. I feel that this Marvel set has fallen into the category of buying it for the figures rather than the figures and the build.
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    @Bosstone100 No, it is just being shown at SDCC, but will be available for general purchase in January.
  • carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    With a little bit of color swapping on both vehicles those would make perfect Joker and Harley Quinn vehicles, especially the red hulk vehicle. It just screams Harley Quinn.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,394
    Actually, I don't mind this set being used as a vehicle to get us more minifigs, etc. I don't display vehicles and buildings... just the minifigs.
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,248
    Getting this day one of release, James love Red Hulk & She-Hulk is one of my favourite Hulks... :D :D :D :D :D
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    I think that the vehicles look ridiculous, but the minifigs/bigfigs are stellar.  A little expensive, but worth it.  Now if we could only get a Hulkpool, Cychulk, Caphulk, Spiderhulk, etc. etc.  That would be awesome.
    A-Bomb, Abomination, Grey Hulk, Skarr, plus minifigs of each character not Hulked-out, am I alone in hoping that there will be a Red-Hulk minifig polybag avaliable with purchase on [email protected] when this gets released?
    GoldchainsBumblepantsYodaliciousDontcopythatfloppy
    We still need a Bruce banner badly too
    LuLego
    edited July 2016
    The biggest problem in this set for me is the mis-matched tires on the red trike thing. the front wheel is really rounded and the back wheels are flat and not rubber. Also I generally find trikes to be pretty stupid looking in general. 

What would have been really fun is if they had a few civilian vehicles the Hulks could launch at one another and would break in half or something like that. Would be a ton of fun for kids to play with and much better than these goofy buggy things.
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,194

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/24121/last-day-to-enter-charity-fundraiser#latest

Just a bit over 5 hours left to buy tickets for @Legoboy's charity raffle and have a chance to win one of the fantastic prizes offered by this great community, including #76039 Ant-Man Final Battle!
    bendybadgerLEGOFan2
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    I really like that table you made! Especially the way it looks lit up from the bottom. Kinda like lighting on top of an aircraft carrier deck. Great job @enrique150288 and looking forward to seeing more.
    catwranglerstluxenrique150288eggshen
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    Not a current set, but I finally picked up #76022 X-Men vs. The Sentinel! :D So excited to build this when I can really revel in the complete awesomeness of it. Added it to my #70747 Boulder Blaster to start my very small build-stash. The next Marvel set I'd like to get is The Milano, then Airport Battle, THEN I'll finally be ready to look at the newest sets. XD

josekalelMaffyD
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,531
    @LEGO_Dad77 - That's a nice set. The blackbird is a good build and the sentinel is just about big enough to threaten. Good selection of minifigs too, although more brotherhood members would've been nice.
    LEGO_Dad77
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Checked out some of the new super hero sets at Target today. I've pretty much grown away from the DC and Marvel themes but have to say the Dr. Strange set is pretty spectacular. I know very little about Dr. Strange despite being a comic book fan as a kid, but I like it because it still makes a great Fantasy setting out of universe. I could just as easily see a bumbling wizard battling the portal beast he accidentally conjured up as I can Dr. Strange. 

So I actually want a Superhero set for the set itself and not the figures. That is strange. 
    LEGO_Dad77SumoLegoGoldchainsBumblepantsYodaliciousDontcopythatfloppystlux
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    ^ I like it! The PC isn't lacking an interior but integrating the beast so that it is shooting out of the screen would be cool too - it would be the best 3D movie ever!
    bluedragoncatwranglerstluxricecakeBumblepantsSumoLegoshotgunchipmunkGoldchainsDontcopythatfloppy
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,788
    Oh wow, I might need to integrate it in my PC now...
    CircleKSumoLego
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 545
    I might need to get both sets now cause that sounds awesome
    stluxcatwranglerSumoLego
    I went to my local friendly Lego store today to get this set. I came back without it. Out of stock! Well, I didn't like it, but Amazon won here...

That being said, I didn't leave the Lego Store without buying something, but that's for a different thread!
  • norival1992norival1992 JapanMember Posts: 11
    I personally don't care for the aesthetic of the Mighty Micros, but man I've been looking for a head like Magneto's for years!  I need it for...reasons.
    You need to head like Magento to do? I'm really curious ...
    It's not Marvel, but...
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 930
    icey117 said:
    Civil War: Team Thor.... Please!

Haven't seen that before. Thanks for posting!!!
    icey117
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    That is amazing! I hadn't seen it either!
    It's all over the internet (if you look out for that sort of thing - I'm kinda invested in Marvel Cinematic Universe stuff). They're hoping to give Darryl a role in one of Marvel's TV shows...
    stlux
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    And some fans have apparently been petitioning for a Netflix show about these two. Dunno if they could write enough for an entire season, but I'm sure it'd be pretty funny for a while.
    CM4SSumoLegostluxcatwrangler
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,290
    And some fans have apparently been petitioning for a Netflix show about these two. Dunno if they could write enough for an entire season, but I'm sure it'd be pretty funny for a while.
    Now I would watch that! 
    LEGO_Dad77stlux
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,194
    Maybe if the made it as short episodes, like The Guild?
    MaffyDOrmskirkBrickscatwrangler
    Just leaving this here:
    https://youtu.be/KOQCxy2QtJM
    stlux
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 673
    ^ Well, that made me laugh. A few times.
    MaffyD
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 569
    edited September 2016
    richlMegtheCatshotgunchipmunk
    Look what I got today!
    stluxTheMaker37catwranglerLEGO_Dad77
    ^ I'll believe it when I see it! :-)
    VorpalRyu
    edited September 2016
    I'm with @MaffyD on the claims about that Detroit Steel set & a Coulson Minifig, wasn't that also mentioned previously in that "leak" that came from some 4chan user? Why would they use the Mighty Micros Iron Man helmet for a standard Superheroes line set when the helmet they already use looks so much better?

Suspicious, very suspicious...