Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

General Marvel Discussion

Comments

• MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282
    How would you design a Peter Parker figure so that he would be distinguishable?
    How would you design a Bruce Banner so that he would be distinguishable?

Maybe you could give BB purple pants, lab coat and glasses. Perhaps ripped white shirt and ripped purple pants.

Peter with Spidey costume revealed under his shirt like Clark Kent figure. 
    Yeah I think a Peter Parker minifigure should be represented just like the Clark Kent minifigure. A little of his Spidey outfit exposed, and give him a Daily Bugle press pass on his shirt, and a camera prop. 

Bruce Banner can have a lab coat that has a name tag that says Banner, ripping pants with a little green glow showing through the tears.
    Give the Bruce Banner minifigure face two sides. One happy with glasses, the other side tinted green with an angry face. 

spepperVBaskin2008
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,184
    ^ Personally, I'm not a fan of whole bit of the costume exposed design, a Daily Bugle press pass should, to me, give it away for any MARVEL fans (thinking on that, there's a venom minifig, so an Eddie Brock minifig should be on that list too).

Bruce Banner in the outfit from the Lego MARVEL Superheroes Video Game, with an alternate face, green glowing eyes...
    PurplorosxiahnaVBaskin2008gmonkey76Dontcopythatfloppy
  • GalactusGalactus NLMember Posts: 255
    Mynatt said:
    Well then. I'm bummed about the kid legs. The only thing that would win me over is if it is amazing, or if the kid legs can end up bending to allow sitting and walking motion.
    This got me thinking about the Marvel Superhero Squad cartoon. Aren't those all kids?
    VBaskin2008
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,567
    edited January 2016

From brick fanatics:

76057 Web warrior’s bridge battle £99.99

Spiderman, Spider girl, Scarlet spider, aunt May, Green Goblin, Dcorpion. Comes with a NY taxi falling through a hole in a bridge.

76058 – Ghost Rider team up £19.99

Spiderman, Ghost Rider, Hobgoblin. Hobgoblin’s jet thing and a huge bike (about the size of wyldstyle’s bike) for Ghost Rider. Normal chain pieces in trans flame colour.

76059 Doc Ock’s tentacle trap £44.99

Spiderman, Doc Ock (classic), White Tiger, Captain Stacey (with the 12th doctor’s hair), Vulture and giant Doc Ock mech

Unnumbered Doctor Strange set £34.99

Vignette – style build set in doctor strange’s lab. with bookshelves, a table, and a portal with a red tentacled demon beast coming through. sanctum sanctorum probably. Can’t tell which minifigs, but someone holding a chain with a trans orange radar dish, and someone holding two fans.

wardmcatwranglerkiki180703VBaskin2008Dontcopythatfloppy
  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,730
    I like the sound of the Dr. Strange vignette...
    VBaskin2008
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,378
    ^ That's like a wall and a mirror/portal. I'd be happy with a $75 Sanctum but this sounds like a big disappointment.
    VBaskin2008
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,847
    edited January 2016
    You're not going to get a $75 set for what is (to the target audience at least) an extremely obscure character at best. Be happy that we get a Dr. Strange at all. If it is decent vignette, buy a couple of them and flesh it out.
    catwranglerkiki180703VBaskin2008
    ^ Didn't say I was. Given how sparse most $35 sets are on parts, it isn't going to be much of a Sanctum, which sounds like a big disappointment to me.
    VBaskin2008
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,847
    It will likely be $49.99 given the exchange. We could be looking at a daily bugle type set. We will see.
    VBaskin2008
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,544
    I may be alone in this but I am most excited about the bridge I think. Maybe sell off the figures to make the price reasonable and have a good launch point for a moc.
    VBaskin2008
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,230
    hopefully it's a complete bridge
    VBaskin2008
    Yeah I would love a great Lego bridge but I am worried that it will have lots of vehicles that take away from the main build.
    VBaskin2008
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,497
    edited January 2016
    ^^ it's not and ^ it doesn't.  Looks a great set though.  Two combined would be better though :-) 
    Superheroes as a whole theme definitely impressed me.  Such great minifig selections and some interesting builds. 
    VBaskin2008
    Thanks for the info £100 for half a bridge, it must be big you can get half a tower bridge for £105!
    VBaskin2008
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,230
    seriously doubt 2 of them would be as big as tower bridge
    SumoLegoVBaskin2008
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,475
    ^ Agreed.  Two Avengers Towers don't work that way, or any other SH set for that matter.

Although, every once in a while they release an Airjitsu Temple - which could be cobbled into a 'complete' structure...
    VBaskin2008
    pharmjod said:
    You're not going to get a $75 set for what is (to the target audience at least) an extremely obscure character at best. Be happy that we get a Dr. Strange at all. If it is decent vignette, buy a couple of them and flesh it out.
    MARVEL fans should know who Stephen Strange is. Dr Strange is hardly an obscure character, he was one of the first members of the Defenders, also a part of the Tony Stark's Illuminati, he has crossed paths with a serious number of characters in the MARVEL universe.
    SumoLegoxiahnaVBaskin2008
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,045
    @VorpalRyu - The thing is LEGO's target audience is kids who likely only know Spideman type headline characters - while Dr Strange might make the odd appearance in some of the cartoons (I haven't watched any superhero cartoons since the 90s Xmen series so can't comment)
    Also remember that they also need to sell to parents/grandparents, they're likely to recognise spiderman/Batman, but Dr Strange less likely, add into that from an uniformed position that the character will look like some random guy and not like a superhero except potentially having a cape I completely get LEGO's choice. Hell I'm just glad that they didn't make Dr Strange a comic con figure.
    pharmjodcatwranglerkiki180703VBaskin2008Dontcopythatfloppy
    Once the film comes out Dr Strange will be better known. I am glad they are finally giving us at least one set from the less mainstream Marvel films like Dr Strange and AntMan. Things like Thor were getting skipped in the past.
    VorpalRyuAdzbadboycatwranglerkiki180703VBaskin2008MynattxiahnaDontcopythatfloppy
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,613
    edited January 2016
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say that #76067 - (Untitled, Civil War) set is designed and ready for production however it also includes a Spider-Man (Tom Holland) Minifigure and LEGO have yet to receive the designs of the costume until after the release of the movie or whenever Marvel release Holland in costume to the public. Apparently no merchandising company has received any glimpse at any concept art or the final Spidey suit. All the Spidey merchandise currently is based on these two designs, which is what those three Spider-Man ones could be based on:

VorpalRyukiki180703VBaskin2008
    ^seems a bit overkill on the secrecy. It isn't like a spidey suit is going to look that shockingly different from previous ones is it? Or are they still trying to pretend he isn't in the movie even though everyone knows he will be?
    VBaskin2008
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,613
    ^seems a bit overkill on the secrecy. It isn't like a spidey suit is going to look that shockingly different from previous ones is it? Or are they still trying to pretend he isn't in the movie even though everyone knows he will be?
    I kinda agree but then I was saying they should've keep the actor a secret too at this rate :P

Most rumours from movie and comic book sites suggest he will have a 'home-made' one during the film and towards the end Tony Stark creates the traditional red and blue one we all know and love. It's kinda obvious though the way they have been going in the MCU.

I would personally like this design by Spikesdm for a 'home-made' one:
    http://spikesdm.deviantart.com/art/Spidey-Concept-302926385
    VorpalRyuVBaskin2008
    edited January 2016
    SMC said:
    Thanks for the info £100 for half a bridge, it must be big you can get half a tower bridge for £105!

Fauch said:
    seriously doubt 2 of them would be as big as tower bridge

SumoLego said:
    ^ Agreed.  Two Avengers Towers don't work that way, or any other SH set for that matter.

Although, every once in a while they release an Airjitsu Temple - which could be cobbled into a 'complete' structure...

I was joking as tower bridge was around 4200 parts and this will be more like 1000 so even 2 would not come close.

On the other hand:

"The suspension bridge is gigantic, measuring at least 50cm in length and about 40cm in height. Only half of a span is included but it looks superb nevertheless"

"If two were plugged together it would probably be close to the length of Tower Bridge so would be a great centrepiece for a city"

VBaskin2008

Keep in mind that the MCU often takes a very different approach to things than the comics have, anyone who's read the Age of Ultron comic storyline will know just how different stories are between the two. With that in mind and the fact that to my knowledge pretty much nothing about Spidey in Civil War (and the fact that supposedly they were initially going to have Black Panther in the role that Spidey plays in the Civil War comics could they not come to an agreement on the character rights) I'd say it's best to take nothing for granted on why Marvel are being so secretive about it.
    My personal thoughts are that they will likely try to make Peter Parker very relatable, something that was off with Amazing Spiderman (only seen the first not the second) - as someone with a bit of knowledge of the comics I could see what they were going for, trying to get close to the breaking the fourth wall stuff without actually doing it, but it didn't work well for making the character likeable.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see several Spidersuits in Civil War, but chances are there will be two, a home made one and a SHIELD issued one - but I also wouldn't be surprised if the Iron Spider costume is hinted at as set up for the Solo Spidey movie.

In terms of that additional Civil War set, it might not just be Spidey that is the big secret, it could be something else entirely that will be just hinted at in the set, something enough for Marvel to not want it out before the film, but interesting enough to be an additional detail. Marvel might also have decided to be stricter after the Hank Pym minifigure in the Ant-Man set revealing the second Ant-Man suit.

Once the film comes out Dr Strange will be better known. I am glad they are finally giving us at least one set from the less mainstream Marvel films like Dr Strange and AntMan. Things like Thor were getting skipped in the past.
    I completely agree that Dr Strange will be better known when the film comes out, but I personally would expect him to be something more of a B-lister as to how the general public think of characters from the MCU - that's nothing against the character or potentially the film, but more as to how 'the general public' tend to respond.
    It's definitely great to see LEGO not skipping these films that are less likely to be guaranteed hits or easy vehicle heavy franchises for them. I just hope they keep it up.

catwranglerVBaskin2008
    edited January 2016
    @Shib, Dr Strange has made a few appearances in the following shows recently, Hulk & the Agents of S.M.A.S.H, Ultimate Spider-Man & Avengers Assemble, he also turned up in Superhero Squad at least once. I know of the children at my son's school & extended family (cousins' children, etc) that are into MARVEL, decent percentage of them at least know of him from those shows, plus Lego MARVEL Superheroes (my cousin Michelle's oldest like using him when he plays it). I can get that kids that aren't heavily into MARVEL wouldn't have a clue as to who he is, likewise for most adult who aren't really big on MARVEL apart from the MCU. But I know that there are at least three members of our family under fifteen (including our little mister six) that were excited by the announcement when they revealed Dr Strange (knowing the comics, I think we'll be seeing it first before we decide on if our little man will be seeing it).

Btw, can't seem to find the info anywhere, can someone help me with this: does the Brickset Forum have policy dissuading the use of member's children's names, or have I gotten this confused with another forum I was looking at when I signed up?
    VBaskin2008xiahna
    VorpalRyu said:
    But I know that there are at least three members of our family under fifteen (including our little mister six) that were excited by the announcement when they revealed Dr Strange 
    The problem with this logic is I know you are a huge Marvel fan, so you will have unintentionally influenced members of your own family and your own perception of what people know will be influenced by your own knowledge. I'm not trying to start an argument about the popularity of the character but more pointing out the logic for why LEGO tends to do more for core characters - it's the reason I have a ton of Spideman and Batman mini figures, which as a collector can get annoying, but from a business standpoint makes perfect sense.

A good comparison for me would be my bosses kids, they come into the office every now and then, and I know that they are not really allowed to watch Superhero stuff (parents very anti violence) but I know that they know Spiderman because of their friend, however I am 100% sure that they would not know Doctor Strange, in fact they might not even know Doctor Octopus. That's the other extreme of the scale, children from families where that kind of media is almost completely hidden. So you have to look for a middle ground, the middle ground will be that they might know the name from the films announcements, might recognise the basic character design from having seen him in a few episodes of cartoons, but ultimately don't know anything about who the character is.
    Linking this to my comment about selling to parents, when I was a child I was mad on Pokemon - despite the plethora of pokemon toys I had my mum could name none of them and my dad could name 2 of them - keep in mind I watched the cartoons constantly, the characters say only their own names and I probably talked about it endlessly too. The only way my parents would buy me anything pokemon related was if I was with them to point out which ones it was.
    So the middle ground with characters like Doctor Strange is that yes there will be a lot of buzz around the character with the films release, but as soon as it's done for most the character will likely not be remember much more than as the magic based Marvel character. I say this with the proviso that obviously the film could turn out to be an unexpectedly huge success toppling all the other Marvel films, in which case the character will become another Captain America or Iron Man, but I just don't think it's likely.

As I said before it's great we're getting anything Doctor Strange based, as I had convinced myself that LEGO would likely just make Doctor Strange a Comic Con exclusive figure, so for me getting anything is a great result.
    pharmjodcatwranglerVBaskin2008
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    @Shib You're right that Doctor Strange is currently not the most well-known character to the general, non-comic-fan public, but I disagree that he will lose popularity after his movie. The MCU will very soon be rotating its core characters out of the Avengers as the actors move on to other things. From what I've read, Doctor Strange may very well fill a Tony Stark-like position in the MCU once Robert Downey Jr. leaves the franchise. 
    ShibVorpalRyucatwranglerVBaskin2008Dontcopythatfloppy
    And a change like that would definitely change the public perception, but it doesn't change what the current perception is or undermine LEGO's set choice.
    VorpalRyuVBaskin2008
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    my only contact with marvel has been in my teenage years. friend of mine was into x-men. especially "age of the apocalypse". collected all of them comics!
    somehow i know dr strange. really dont know why!

but i am also into MF DOOM, who is "somehow" worlds greatest villain! maybe i know him from mf doom lyrics. i cant tell ...
    VBaskin2008
    edited January 2016
    Shib said:
    As I said before it's great we're getting anything Doctor Strange based, as I had convinced myself that LEGO would likely just make Doctor Strange a Comic Con exclusive figure, so for me getting anything is a great result.
    Dr Strange as a SDCC exclusive was one thing I was worried might end up being the case, I'm glad that we're getting a retail set instead.
    Shib said:
    So you have to look for a middle ground, the middle ground will be that they might know the name from the films announcements, might recognise the basic character design from having seen him in a few episodes of cartoons, but ultimately don't know anything about who the character is.
    Agreed, I've had most of the parents that have superhero fans for kids at my son's school ask me who is Dr Strange is or to wanted me to explain to their child that the Hulk is green not red & various other things about MARVEL. I am happy to admit that most of the kids into superheros at the school, if they know Dr Strange, they know him as the kooky magic guy from one of Superhero Squad episodes (he was pretty damn kooky), or the other cartoons I've mentioned, but as for anything more than that, nada, zip, zilch.

As for influence over family, there are times I wish had more, Michelle's oldest is big Matt Smith fan, I can't seem to convince him Tennant was better. In his case, I can't be held accountable for his interest in MARVEL, up until about the last six months, we were lucky to see Michelle once or twice a year (xmas, etc) for an hour or so at a time & he was usually with his dad by that point. Heck, I didn't even realise he was a MARVEL fan until last Easter when he asked me if I had played LMSH & did I know how to unlock Stan Lee...
    catwranglerxiahnaVBaskin2008
    brumey said:
    my only contact with marvel has been in my teenage years. friend of mine was into x-men. especially "age of the apocalypse". collected all of them comics!
    somehow i know dr strange. really dont know why!
    Dr Strange, in the times when he hasn't had a comic book of his own, has popped up all over the MARVEL universe. You could probably play the Six degrees of separation game with the Stephen Strange & never fail to make a connection.
    xiahnaVBaskin2008
  • brumeybrumey AustriaMember Posts: 994
    i must add that i am from austria.
    we didnt have comic book stores nor did we have superhero popularity in the past.
    they only know superman and batman!

took ages here for the mainstream to get it, even after the marvel movies. wolverine went popular after his movie appearance! and nobody cares for sabretooth here.
    nobody knows deadpool. people know watching dead from the series (not from the comic). they dont know gambit, altough he appears in a movie!

and lets not forget BATTLECHASERS by joe madueira
    VBaskin2008
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,353
    Stephen Strange has had a slightly higher profile in the comics off late, mixing it with the Avengers and the illuminati and training Magik from the X-men. Even so he won't be well known to many kids and uninitiated adults. And don't believe his stand alone film is the only outing he will get in the MCU, I am sure he will appear in other films and will be part of the Infinity Crisis story.

however, for those that are familiar then this is a great addition to the Lego line up as are many of the super hero sets for this year. I have picked at last years sets a little, but reading the descriptions of the Marvel and DC sets has me thinking I will go for a full house, everything sounds great and I can't wait to see the images in a few weeks.
    VorpalRyuVBaskin2008
    @monkey_roo, I'd have to say I can't wait to the rest of these sets get revealed, I'm just hoping TLG will break the MARVEL polybag drought for Australia & start sending them our way, sick of having to go to BrickLink or eBay grab them.
    xiahnaVBaskin2008
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    Well it sounds like this years budget just got blown to hell. I should have figured as much... 2016 is really shaping up to be a stellar year in all areas. It's killing me. 

I don't see how I will be able to pass up on the bridge if it as as great as it is being made out to be. I also remember some of the great Ghost Rider / Spidey team ups of the 90s (still have the books). So that one will probably happen as well if it's done well.  

Damn. Passing on the Superheroes sets has been so easy up until now. Sounds like my cheap ride is about to end. 
    VorpalRyuVBaskin2008
    CircleK said:
    Well it sounds like this years budget just got blown to hell. I should have figured as much... 2016 is really shaping up to be a stellar year in all areas. It's killing me. 

I don't see how I will be able to pass up on the bridge if it as as great as it is being made out to be. I also remember some of the great Ghost Rider / Spidey team ups of the 90s (still have the books). So that one will probably happen as well if it's done well.  

Damn. Passing on the Superheroes sets has been so easy up until now. Sounds like my cheap ride is about to end. 
    Word. I'm trying to budget for a pair of bridges as I would love a complete suspension bridge. I can at least sell or trade the figures from the second one though. That is how I will talk myself into it anyway.
    VBaskin2008
  • MattsWhatMattsWhat Studley, UKMember Posts: 1,643
    edited January 2016
    ^I'm thinking exactly this. There is 3 unique minifigures in there I can see running at the best part of £15, that's almost half you price back.
    The other option will be people who just want the minifig's selling on their bridges at a good price. It's also isn't an exclusive so if you can hold out you should expect to see maybe 27% off ;)
    I'm reckoning with both I can have a full bridge and one set of figs for £100. Fingers crossed. 
    VorpalRyuVBaskin2008
  • ricardo616ricardo616 Member Posts: 44
    I'm just wondering if there was any confirmation on the new Spidey sets being released in the UK next month?
    VBaskin2008
  • VBaskin2008VBaskin2008 Member Posts: 181
    Hey, all i want is The Wasp to be in the next LEGO Marvel Super Heroes set!
    shotgunchipmunkwardm
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 859
    76067:
    having just seen Civil War this evening I am very curious about this mysterious set.
    surely, vision, spider man and Hawkeye have to be in it!

Spider-Man was only really in the airport scene in the film and we have that scene already in Lego without him. So I'm puzzled how Lego might pull him in, if that's the plan.

what are the chances of a Stan lee in FedEx suit?

do we know how much this set will cost, which might give some idea of number of mini-figs?
    VBaskin2008
    @lulego -  just so you know,  there is a separate thread to discuss the film so as to avoid spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet. It's not out in the US for several days yet. 
    BuriedinBricksVBaskin2008gmonkey76MynattBumblepantschuckpDontcopythatfloppy
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,500
    I think I read 60 euro basically  the same as the hydra forces smash set from last year with quicksilver 
    VBaskin2008
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,263
    Hahahaahhahahahahaah thanks for spoiling those bits for all of us! Would've loved to.. not know that.

Remove the post please.
    VBaskin2008gmonkey76Mynatt
    ^ I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. I don't think they are massive spoilers but it only takes one or two comments to evolve into a bigger discussion that *could* contain big spoilers, hence me making my comment. 
    VBaskin2008
    Well, I did not know about that certain character's "screen time" and what scenes they were in, and I also did not want to know WHAT Stan Lee's cameo was just yet. 
    VBaskin2008gmonkey76Dontcopythatfloppy
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 664
    Is there a "dislike" button? 
    VBaskin2008gmonkey76nicoyagomezDontcopythatfloppy
    Yeah. Not cool at all.
    VBaskin2008gmonkey76nicoyagomezDontcopythatfloppy
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 561
    Having just seen the movie I would recommend to all for no spoilers. I know for a fact that just knowing about giant man spoiled a great reveal for me. I wish I could have gone in knowing nothing about the movie. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and know that many others will. That is enough said for me as I don't want to give any hints at all to what the movie holds.
    VBaskin2008
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,426
    CM4S said:
    Well, I did not know about that certain character's "screen time" and what scenes they were in, and I also did not want to know WHAT Stan Lee's cameo was just yet. 

I feel for you, I really do. However, similar to what @lostintranslation said, I don't think you need to worry about what's been stated in this thread so far. Honestly. Even the 76051-1 reveal doesn't spoil the scene in question.

For any further comment, I'll move over to the other thread:

http://bricksetforum.com/discussion/23367/captain-america-civil-war-discussion-spoilers#latest

There's no way I'm going to spoil this movie for others - it's too damn good!

I hope everyone else does likewise.

VBaskin2008
    edited May 2016
    From Jacob_9821 on EB - 

LostInTranslationCoolguy5000magriwardmBumblepantsCircleKShibVBaskin2008Dontcopythatfloppy