Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Marvel Discussion

1121314151618»

Comments

• 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,366
    edited August 2021
    Just my opinion: Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2 are the most fun movies ever! The visual effects, dialog, costumes, soundtracks... it all combines into sheer perfection. (Disclaimer: I haven't read the comics, so any changes in the movies don't bother me.)
    BumblepantsKungFuKennypxchris
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,146
    ...most fun movies ever...
    About $1.5B in box office agrees with you!
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 551
    So, having seen Dune yesterday... 76186 Black Panther Dragon Flyer was just a sneaky, little Dune set, wasn't it?
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,451
    edited September 2021
    J0rgen said:
    So, having seen Dune yesterday... 76186 Black Panther Dragon Flyer was just a sneaky, little Dune set, wasn't it?
    You mean the trailer right? The film doesn’t come out until later in October last time I checked very recently. But yes there are vehicles in the trailer footage that are pretty much just the Dragonfy vehicles from Wakanda ;)
    MaffyD
    J0rgen said:
    You mean the trailer right? The film doesn’t come out until later in October last time I checked very recently. But yes there are vehicles in the trailer footage that are pretty much just the Dragonfy vehicles from Wakanda ;)

You don't get it until October?! It came out in cinemas a week ago in Norway.
  • pvp3020pvp3020 Member Posts: 184
    J0rgen said:
    J0rgen said:

You don't get it until October?! It came out in cinemas a week ago in Norway.

Yeah, for some reason half the world got the movie in mid-September, the other half, including some big markets like North America, don't get it until second half of October. Australia have to wait until December! Various sources suggest it could be to do with maximizing chances in awards season, while the early European release could be due to cashing in on the movie's success at the Venice Film Festival.
    Bummer. Well, when people eventually get to see it, I venture more than a few people here will want a Dragon Flyer, even if they didn't before.
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,100
    I just posted this in the leaks thread but there is a leak of set from Multiverse of Madness posted on Brickfan.  Warning: there is a character spoiler.
    https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-marvel-doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-gargantos-showdown-76205-revealed/
    KungFuKenny
  • UmandraugUmandraug Doomstadt, LatveriaMember Posts: 77
    I just posted this in the leaks thread but there is a leak of set from Multiverse of Madness posted on Brickfan.  Warning: there is a character spoiler.
    https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-marvel-doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-gargantos-showdown-76205-revealed/
    Yea, I wasn’t expecting that when I was scrolling through the 2022 sets. They’ll probably be in the trailers, so it’s probably not too big a reveal.
  • sipusssipuss PolandMember Posts: 177
    Marvel mechs are back on lego.com with an april release date.
    So.... with the announcement/reveal of the modular-esque Sanctum Sanctorum...

Anybody interested in a couple of minifig-less #76108 Sanctum Sanctorum Showdowns?  

Not to sound immodest, but this is third time I've set aside sets to do MOCs, and LEGO very graciously designed one of their own for me.  You're welcome, everybody.
    560HeliportBumblepantsMr_CrosspxchrisReesesPiecesOnebricktoomanyiwybs
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,436
    You know we often criticize Lego for not making this or that set but I think they deserve some praise for not making any Morbius sets. (would have been fun for memes though)
    pxchrisiwybsFizyxSumoLego
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,100
    You know we often criticize Lego for not making this or that set but I think they deserve some praise for not making any Morbius sets. (would have been fun for memes though)
    I don't know.  Getting a Morbius minfigure might have been the one positive from the release of that movie.
    gmonkey76FizyxSumoLego
    I'm guessing LEGO was content to believe their focus group study on whether Morbius had merchandising coattails.
  • RedronnieRedronnie London Member Posts: 13
    I wonder when we will set info on series 2 of marvel minifigs. I really want moon knight
    When do you think we'll get another Daredevil? Some sort of MCU variant is bound to appear in a CMF or set at some point, but is there a chance that extremely nice Daily Bugle version could pop up in another set as well? Next years mechs, for instance?
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind CheshireMember Posts: 2,086
    @J0rgen I think the next one will either be when Echo comes out as Daredevil is rumored to be in that series. Or it will be when they release the new Daredevil TV series. With the success of the recent Daredevil comic and the love for Charlie Cox coming back I think it is only a matter of time. 
    J0rgen
    Marvel really seem to be showing DC how to treat their more popular characters. Whereas DC seem confused by anything that isn't Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,396
    ^ And sometimes they seem confused by those three as well!
    iwybsJ0rgen560HeliportRedbullgivesuwindMrGudz
    DC doesn't know what to do with any of their properties.  Black Adam does not look promising, despite the Rock being involved.
  • SearchlightRGSearchlightRG North AmericaMember Posts: 261
    SumoLego said:
    DC doesn't know what to do with any of their properties.  Black Adam does not look promising, despite the Rock being involved.
    Is the Rock being involved ever a good thing for a movie?
    SumoLegoOnebricktoomanygmonkey76
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,436
    SumoLego said:
    He sells tickets.
    The_Rancor560HeliportSumoLegoiwybsOnebricktoomanygmonkey76
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,451
    edited September 6
    SumoLego said:
    The Fast & Furious Franchise, Jumanji franchise and a clutch of disaster movies say yes! Otherwise he wouldn’t be able to negotiate such high pay.

I’m not so sure about his comedies (often with Kevin Hart) over the last few years though.
    iwybsOnebricktoomanyRedbullgivesuwind
  • SearchlightRGSearchlightRG North AmericaMember Posts: 261
    SumoLego said:
    He sells tickets.
    I don't get why though-he seems to play the same character in every movie he's in, and it's his obnoxious wrestler persona.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,813
    My local store was building the new Hulkbuster. In my opinion they made it look terrible all for this.
    BumblepantsiwybsRedbullgivesuwindpxchrisOnebricktoomany
    This seems like way too much work for an ugly set.
    Bumblepantsiwybspxchris
    Every time I see it I just think: "your lego designers were so preoccupied with whether they could they didn't stop to think if it they should". 

This another one of those lego sets that had zero need to be that big. 
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76iwybsBrainslugged
    Can I put an Iron Man minifig in the in the head of the buildable Iron Man?

And then a microscale Iron Man in the head of the minifigure?
    560Heliportgmonkey76iwybsJ0rgen
  • playwellplaywell UKMember Posts: 2,264
    SumoLego said:
    Can I put an Iron Man minifig in the in the head of the buildable Iron Man?

And then a microscale Iron Man in the head of the minifigure?
    No as anything Russian is banned!
    pxchrisYo_dA
    Ukrainian Nesting Starks?
    Yo_dAgmonkey76Onebricktoomany
  • playwellplaywell UKMember Posts: 2,264
    SumoLego said:
    Ukrainian Nesting Starks?
    Freedom dolls
    gmonkey76OnebricktoomanySumoLego
    playwell said: