Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Marvel Discussion

1101112131416»

Comments

• VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,308
    VorpalRyu said:
    vwong19 said:
    I hope we get a Red Guardian figure...

Rumour is Red Guardian is in the Black Widow stand alone film, so if we're lucky enough, TLG will do a set or two, so Red Guardian is a possibility.

Rumor... And the fact that he's shown in the trailer. 😄
    Oh? So the trailer has dropped already, I haven't really been on social media over the last 48 hours (we've even been neglecting Marvel Strike Force)  as @xiahna & I were in hospital for the birth of our latest edition to the family...

So now we have an X-Man (James our oldest, mister ten), an Avenger (Anthony, mister five) & a Defender (Matthew our newborn)...
    vwong19panchox1MynattReesesPiecesM1J0EMaffyDjohnhenzRedbullgivesuwindLordmoral
    Oh my frakking gods!!! They're bringing in the other BW, Yelena Belova? & is that Taskmaster?!?!?
    BrickByBrick
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,775
    @VorpalRyu - congrats on the new addition! Excellent choice of name for you newest, ahem.
    And yes, that is Taskmaster...
    Thanks @MaffyD. Getting a real Winter Soldier vibe from this trailer, so I definitely want to go see this one, keeping fingers crossed TLG do at least a couple of sets for this one, I'm wanting minifigs of Red Guardian, Taskmaster, BW in her white suit, Yelena & Ross, plus a couple of those drop-troopers.
    MaffyD
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,905
    Jim Hopper?
    No...

James; family connection - my middle name is James, Marvel connection - James Howlett aka Logan aka Wolverine.

Anthony; family connection - my uncle Tony, Marvel connection - Anthony Stark aka Iron Man

Matthew; family connection - @xiahna's uncle, Marvel connection - Matthew Murdock aka Daredevil.
    MaffyD
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 983
    In #76148 is Doc Ock holding a new bra piece?
    M1J0EBOBJACK_JACKBOBKungFuKenny
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 852
    LuLego said:
    In #76148 is Doc Ock holding a new bra piece?

lol no. :P That's one of the pieces introduced as part of this past year's Spider-Man pre-pack. It's meant to be webbing to web his hands together, sort of like the handcuffs piece.
    BOBJACK_JACKBOB
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 543
    @Lyichir shh... don't ruin it for him!
    Brainslugged560HeliportJ0rgenBaby_YodaSumoLegoKungFuKenny
    @Lyichir shh... don't ruin it for him!
    It's a manzier.
    gmonkey76VorpalRyuKungFuKennypanchox1
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 925
    SumoLego said:

It's a manzier.
    Not a "bro"?
    gmonkey76560HeliportSumoLegoJ0rgenBaby_YodaVorpalRyuKungFuKennypanchox1
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 839
    So with the upcoming release of Spider-Ham in #76151, that gives us the entire Spider-cast of Into the Spider Verse except Peni Parker, am I right?

I haven't been into the Spider-Man collecting game, but I'm thinking about dipping my toes in with this fun cast of characters.
    panchox1
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 852
    pxchris said:
    So with the upcoming release of Spider-Ham in #76151, that gives us the entire Spider-cast of Into the Spider Verse except Peni Parker, am I right?

I haven't been into the Spider-Man collecting game, but I'm thinking about dipping my toes in with this fun cast of characters.
    I think so! I'd love to get a version of Peni at some point... and the fact that she's one of the few Spider-Man variants who canonically relies on a vehicle seems like it'd make her perfectly suited for a set. Maybe some day...

pxchrisSumoLegogmonkey76
    Lyichir said:
    ...she's one of the few Spider-Man variants who canonically relies on a vehicle...
    Which, ironically, will be the precise reason it'll never be released.  (Unless there is a helicopter...)
    Lordmoralgmonkey76
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 660
    After watching the trailers of both Black Widow and Morbious again I wonder what other sets we shall see from those movies.
  • SearchlightRGSearchlightRG AmericaMember Posts: 235
    SumoLego said:
    Lyichir said:
    ...she's one of the few Spider-Man variants who canonically relies on a vehicle...
    Which, ironically, will be the precise reason it'll never be released.  (Unless there is a helicopter...)
    Quite a pity; I would have taken Sp//dr over either of the Spider-Man mechs we've gotten the last couple of years. Of course, if we're going to talk Spider-Robots, my pick would be this fellow; I believe he was the model (or modeled after) an impressive robot from the Spider-Man animated series that was on Fox Kids back in the day.

• super_curry_maxsuper_curry_max Member Posts: 75
    Arw there any plans to do a marvel cmm set like the dc one?
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,775
    ^ Million dollar Q, right there. Various things both suggest they will and suggest they won't, in my opinion.
    A DC range makes a Marvel range more plausible. That Lego makes so many Marvel sets which we end up "buying just for the minifigs" makes it less necessary. That Disney have X-Men now, and merch coming in 1-2 years maybe would also be perfect for CMF. And then there's all the films, which are much better served, and make more money, if they are in sets.
    That Marvel have more minifigs than DC despite not having a CMF range and not being included in TLM & TLM2 also speaks volumes (although how many of these are A.I.M. Soldier #1 or S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent #1 or Iron Man suit #whatever may skew those a bit, but how many of the DC ones are Batmans is also a consideration).

Ultimately, it's anyone's guess...
    SumoLegogmonkey76Brixfan02SearchlightRG
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 379
    So, have the older flip-up-visor style Iron Man helmets been replaced by the new, non-flip helmets that first appeared on Invincible Iron Man in #76077 Detroit Steel Strikes? For a little while they ran concurrently: the new helmet is used for the Mk. 1 figure from the Hall of Armors set while the Mk. 5, Mk. 41, and Mk. 50 use the older flip-ups. And the Rescue Armor Mk. 49 is in the Hulk Helicopter Drop set.

I ask because as someone who has all the Iron Man armors, having the two different types of helmets is very jarring. Right now, among the group of armors, the only ones with the new helmet are the Mk. 1 which looks ok, and Invincible Iron Man, which doesn't really match between the new helmet and the red, instead of dark red, color scheme. (The Hulk Helicopter Drop is on it's way from Amazon. I'm hoping the purple color scheme will distract from the different helmet style in the same way the very different Mk. 1  makes the helmet less noticeable).

The pics of the new Marvel sets have both Iron Man and War Machine in the new style helmets where the visors are printed instead of a separate component. Do we think the flip visors are dead? If they are, that gives me a good stopping point to finally make a display frame. I'd been hesitant to do so as new armors kept coming out, but if this new wave of Iron Man/War Machine minifigures is a watershed, then that's a good stopping point.

Thoughts?
  • nerick906nerick906 Bristol, UKMember Posts: 392
    I got quite genuine question about collecting and displaying minifigs, how are you displaying them? set by set? Shxxx to next? All type of character in one (altough a lot of moving around constantly...) mixing dc and Marvel (im not gonna do that ;)) ? let me know :)
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 379
    I only focused on Iron Man and War Machine. I'm going to use an Ikea Ribba frame like many others but haven't made it yet. However, like I said, if they decide to eliminate the flip visor helmets then that is a good stopping point for me to make the frame. 
    MrJackson said:
    I only focused on Iron Man and War Machine. I'm going to use an Ikea Ribba frame like many others but haven't made it yet. However, like I said, if they decide to eliminate the flip visor helmets then that is a good stopping point for me to make the frame. 

That's what I have made, shelves out of lego inside the Ribba frame and I fit around 110 figs in one frame, got 4 of these so far.

What about public? as I see that promo minifigs like from TRU and Dimensions are not added to the SH pool of figs, and I am just after the best way of arranging them
    The Last edition of Quinjet, is it exclusive to Lego? Where else is it available? As I can see Amazon dont stock it Currently.
    Are you referring to #76126?

It was available at Target, Wal-Mart, [email protected], just about everywhere.  As I recall, there was no exclusivity between the retailers on any of the Endgame sets.