Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Marvel Discussion

Comments

• MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,647
    I've got the second art print, but not 1 and probably not 3 (although I'm assuming 3 isn't out yet) - what are the chances I'll get hold of them?
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 471
    MaffyD said:
    I've got the second art print, but not 1 and probably not 3 (although I'm assuming 3 isn't out yet) - what are the chances I'll get hold of them?
    I might have a spare #1 if your interested?
    ersi
  • ersiersi SlovakiaMember Posts: 227
    I have the same question, I have just recieved order from lego and poster number 2 was there I would love to complete collection is here someone with spare number 1? I would buy it. Also do you know when number 3 is comming or it is not public yet?
  • NatfireNatfire U.KMember Posts: 8
    We'll probably only know about poster 3 when the promo period begins, not unlike poster 2.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,500
    Did anyone happen to get the instructions for a Captain Marvel minibuild the was on June 16th? Only thing on it saw on it was a picture of the sign for the event. Not sure where it was happening. 
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 205
    Was it at Target? I went to one by me on the 16th and saw this sign at the self checkouts, but I couldn’t find anything about what the actual build was:

• gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,500
    ^This is what I saw online
    FowlerBricksVorpalRyujohnhenz
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,279
    ^ Hmmm, anybody got scans of the instructions?
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,342
    Why don't they call it a Quadjet?
    MaffyD
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 407
    VorpalRyu said:
    ^ Final Quinjet? Ummm....you know how the running joke with City sets about helicopters? For Marvel, that would be what Quinjets are.
    How much inside knowledge do you have? Good call on the new set. 
    Baby_Yodagmonkey76BrickByBrick
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,040
    What's wrong with this picture? Does anyone want to adopt a pair of little girls?

Baby_Yodagmonkey76Toc13FowlerBricks
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,291
    ^ The next major MCU villain. Each one will appear in a standalone hero film, and for the ensemble Avengers film they'll all join forces and try to take over the universe...
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,769
    You know what that wouldn't be a bad idea for marvel. Have a few films where different villains take on the different less than super powerful heros. Then have the villains join forces to take on a super powerful hero like captain marvel.
    BumblepantsSumoLegoBaby_Yoda
    Although I feel this is a dig on Captain Marvel being passive-agressively rammed down our throats as the heir-apparent to Tony Stark, I definitely think a 'misunderstood' pair of 'bad guys' trying to limit or defeat a superhero's powers would make for a very interesting story.

There was a little bit of that with Killmonger in Black Panther.  And, actually a fair amount of that in Captain Marvel.  (It obviously takes her awhile to figure out the Kree are the antagonists.)

It still doesn't sit well with me that T'Challa was beaten by Killmonger in the succession challenge, coupled with Killmonger's legitimate claim to the Wakandan throne.  (T'Challa is really the usurper!)

I'd love to see Leader and Zemo work a little consortium/think-tank, with some back-channel communication with General Ross to come up with a managable way to enforce the Sokovia Accords and limit the abilities of enhanced folk.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,029
    I would order Disney+ today if they made a TV show of just Korg and Meek hanging out. Like Seinfeld more or less.
    bpk2300SumoLegodonutboystluxgmonkey76
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 775
    SumoLego said:
    It still doesn't sit well with me that T'Challa was beaten by Killmonger in the succession challenge, coupled with Killmonger's legitimate claim to the Wakandan throne.  (T'Challa is really the usurper!)
    But... didn't T'Challa come back and state "I never yielded?" If the challenge is only over once one dies or yields, then technically speaking, according to those rules, it was still ongoing.
    SumoLegogmonkey76
    SumoLego said:
    But... didn't T'Challa come back and state "I never yielded?" If the challenge is only over once one dies or yields, then technically speaking, according to those rules, it was still ongoing.
    He also technically 'died' and had to be revived with the magic plant - that they're not permitted to use in the challenge - after being tossed off the waterfall.

And, clearly, the challenge was over, as Killmonger took control of Wakanda.
    SumoLego said:
    SumoLego said:
    He also technically 'died' and had to be revived with the magic plant - that they're not permitted to use in the challenge - after being tossed off the waterfall.

And, clearly, the challenge was over, as Killmonger took control of Wakanda.
    Mmmm... He was close to death, but not gone. The plant did heal him, yes. And it was administered without his knowledge or consent. Plus, Killmonger already assumed the contest was over and took the plant himself. 
    I'm just saying it's kind of fuzzy. Naturally Killmonger assumed him dead and took over - only in silly comic book movies do people survive such falls.
    SumoLegogmonkey76
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 841
    I can’t wait to hear the awkwardness of how they resolved the leadership of Wakanda during and after the Endgame 5 years. I assumed M’Baku would probably take the crown through additional ritual combat because Shuri had gone too, but I assume T’Challa’s mother did instead. The latter would certainly be less awkward to resolve in Black Panther 2.
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 813
    CaptainRogers said:
     Naturally Killmonger assumed him dead and took over - only in silly comic book movies do people survive such falls.
    This is why they need Deadpool: to point out that they're in a silly comic book movie, and that T'Challa likely survived that fall. :p
    dmcc0
    All of Wakanda seemed to believe he was King.  But nonetheless, it didn't stick.  But one should acknowledge there is some fuzzy math on T'Challa's ascension to the throne.
    CaptainRogers
  • ersiersi SlovakiaMember Posts: 227
    I hope we will see 3 of 3 print soon :D Do you have some info or not ?
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,805
    SMC said:
    You know what that wouldn't be a bad idea for marvel. Have a few films where different villains take on the different less than super powerful heros. Then have the villains join forces to take on a super powerful hero like captain marvel.
    I would like to see them do the Sinister Six. They have taken on the Avengers so would be a nice possible ensemble film for the last spiderman film. It could be him stepping up to be the new leader for the avengers. Which seems to be the way they are leading him. 
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 500
    ersi said:
    I hope we will see 3 of 3 print soon :D Do you have some info or not ?
    I saw it on IG (last week I think), so it could be coming soon. It is Spiderman themed.
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 705
    edited August 2019
    I was briefly excited that I had found an unknown Namor minifigure until I clicked the link... sigh.  Maybe he is just in his street clothes...

SumoLego
  • Th1nDieselTh1nDiesel UKMember Posts: 567
    I'm just having a sort through some figures and I've noticed that two Hawkeye figures I have are slightly different. One is from #76030 and one is from #76042. On the database, the figure from both sets is listed as sh172, but the one I have from the Helicarrier (bottom) has some additional detailing around the collar. Am I going mad, or has anyone else seen this? Is it a misprint?

FowlerBricksFizyx
    My Helicarrier Hawkeye is the same as your top one. No extra detail. Your bottom one has an extra line going down the middle as well...
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 433
    And also on the chest on his right (our left) side.
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,657
    Is it misaligned printing I wonder?
  • johnhenzjohnhenz Sunderland, EnglandMember Posts: 98
    edited November 2019
    The 2020 Marvel sets look awful 😔
    Some pretty sweet minifigs though 
    Fizyxgmonkey76Baby_Yoda
    Clearly, mechs is big with the kids.
    Fizyxgmonkey76KungFuKennyVorpalRyuBaby_Yoda
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 330
    A Thanos minifigure!!! About time. 
    I wonder if they are they moving away from the flip-up visor for future Iron Man figures and gradually phasing in the helmet that was first introduced in I believe #76077.  The Mk. 49 from the upcoming Hulk Helicopter Drop uses that helmet and now so does this mech. Guess I need to plan my Iron Man display frame accordingly.  Do we know if this is it for Endgame sets? I haven't compared these set numbers to the blank spaces in the database yet. 
    None of these Marvel sets are branded Endgame.  The Hulk/Helicopter/Rescue set seems to be it for Endgame sets.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,029
    The Avengers van vs the Little Tikes Big Wheel is my early front runner for worst set of 2020
    Fizyxpanchox1gmonkey76SirBrickalotOfLegodavetheoxygenmanBaby_YodaM1J0E
  • Th1nDieselTh1nDiesel UKMember Posts: 567
    As a big Marvel fan, these sets are a big pile of meh! I'll pick up the Iron Man mech for the figure and maybe the Thanos one, but after that none of these have any appeal for me.
    johnhenzMCNwakeboardM1J0E
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 945
    Putting the ‘meh’ in mech.😒

Th1nDieselMaffyDjohnhenzKungFuKennyflordM1J0E
  • LewisBLewisB CambridgeMember Posts: 6
    Disappointing! I was hoping for more Endgame inspired sets now they don't have to worry about spoilers.
    Hulk/Copter gives the Rescue figure, and I was expecting a few more that gave some of the side characters.
    johnhenz
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 813
    I'm a bit excited for the return to comics styled minifigs for the Avengers, tbh. The classic Black Panther is a must have for me, as is that Cap with the new helmet part and design (full regretting purchasing the gob awful #76123 for that part now...). Random AIM minions are always a plus too (finally MODOK can have some underlings to scream at). The Avengers builds aren't amazing or anything, but they're passable. The Spider-man sets are complete rot, as usual. 
    Dear god - looks like I'll be bricklinking. My son will like a lot of these though.
    LuLego said:
    Putting the ‘meh’ in mech.😒

And the 'eech' as well...
    FizyxM1J0E
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 660
    Why does Spider-Man always have to have goofy themed vehicles? Does he use those in cartoons? Wouldn't it make more sense to include a police vehicle, jet, a taxi cab? The movie sets are good about this. But the non- movie sets are consistently awful.
    gmonkey76BumblepantsjohnhenzVorpalRyu
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,805
    ^A lot of it comes from the 90s in Japan. Japan, had the rights to make a TV series. For some reason they gave him a mech to fight giant bad guys. The up side is that it gave the world Power Rangers.
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 765
    GIR3691 said:
    Why does Spider-Man always have to have goofy themed vehicles? Does he use those in cartoons? Wouldn't it make more sense to include a police vehicle, jet, a taxi cab? The movie sets are good about this. But the non- movie sets are consistently awful.
    I would guess that it's because kids generally prefer a vehicle "themed" after their favorite hero to a generic real-world vehicle (even though it can be the opposite for AFOLs, especially those who are more interested in building out a layout or displaying a bunch of sets together). A Spider-car or Spider-mech also keeps the focus of the set on the titular hero, whereas putting the bulk of the build toward something that's not specific to the franchise makes for a set that, were it not for the minifigures, could be from practically any theme.
    560HeliportstluxBaby_Yoda
  • iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 13
    The Spider-Jet is pretty generic, but if it were packaged with spacemen and an exosuit instead of super heroes and a super-mech I bet the Spacers would be all over it .... It occurred to me today that until Aquazone was launched in 1995 the Space line was distinguished not only be being "space toys", but by being the only Lego product line where the flying machines, ground vehicles, and buildings were purely fanciful, such that you would never see them in real life nor in a museum.  Nowadays, with fanciful machines-and-rovers-and-bases spread across so many other themes, the Unique Selling Point of Space is much harder to define.

But speaking of Spider-Jets, maybe I should stop delaying and get the 76130 jet from Spider-Man:Far From Home.  It's not without its faults, but it's much more of an airplane than next year's Spider-Man jet!
    But still no Spider-Buggy as yet (yes, there was Spider-Man Dune Buggy in one of the '70's/'80's cartoon series).
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,179
    I hope we get a Red Guardian figure...
    ^ Me too caps new helmet mold seems perfect as a printed head wouldn't look right as its no where near as skin tight as cap or spidermans masks. 
    edited December 2019
    vwong19 said:

Rumour is Red Guardian is in the Black Widow stand alone film, so if we're lucky enough, TLG will do a set or two, so Red Guardian is a possibility.

Also, anyone come across any images of the supposed GWP Venomised Iron Man being mentioned on Instagram?
    edited December 2019
    VorpalRyu said:
    vwong19 said:

Rumour is Red Guardian is in the Black Widow stand alone film, so if we're lucky enough, TLG will do a set or two, so Red Guardian is a possibility.

Rumor... And the fact that he's shown in the trailer. 😄
    SMCwardm