Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

General Marvel Discussion

191011121315»

Comments

• MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,455
    I've got the second art print, but not 1 and probably not 3 (although I'm assuming 3 isn't out yet) - what are the chances I'll get hold of them?
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 350
    MaffyD said:
    I've got the second art print, but not 1 and probably not 3 (although I'm assuming 3 isn't out yet) - what are the chances I'll get hold of them?
    I might have a spare #1 if your interested?
    ersi
  • ersiersi SlovakiaMember Posts: 168
    I have the same question, I have just recieved order from lego and poster number 2 was there I would love to complete collection is here someone with spare number 1? I would buy it. Also do you know when number 3 is comming or it is not public yet?
  • NatfireNatfire U.KMember Posts: 7
    We'll probably only know about poster 3 when the promo period begins, not unlike poster 2.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,418
    Did anyone happen to get the instructions for a Captain Marvel minibuild the was on June 16th? Only thing on it saw on it was a picture of the sign for the event. Not sure where it was happening. 
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 204
    Was it at Target? I went to one by me on the 16th and saw this sign at the self checkouts, but I couldn’t find anything about what the actual build was:

• gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,418
    ^This is what I saw online
    FowlerBricksVorpalRyujohnhenz
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,231
    ^ Hmmm, anybody got scans of the instructions?
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,738
    Why don't they call it a Quadjet?
    MaffyD
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 385
    VorpalRyu said:
    ^ Final Quinjet? Ummm....you know how the running joke with City sets about helicopters? For Marvel, that would be what Quinjets are.
    How much inside knowledge do you have? Good call on the new set. 
    Baby_Yodagmonkey76BrickByBrick
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 752
    What's wrong with this picture? Does anyone want to adopt a pair of little girls?

Baby_Yodagmonkey76Toc13FowlerBricks
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,175
    ^ The next major MCU villain. Each one will appear in a standalone hero film, and for the ensemble Avengers film they'll all join forces and try to take over the universe...
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,641
    You know what that wouldn't be a bad idea for marvel. Have a few films where different villains take on the different less than super powerful heros. Then have the villains join forces to take on a super powerful hero like captain marvel.
    BumblepantsSumoLegoBaby_Yoda
    Although I feel this is a dig on Captain Marvel being passive-agressively rammed down our throats as the heir-apparent to Tony Stark, I definitely think a 'misunderstood' pair of 'bad guys' trying to limit or defeat a superhero's powers would make for a very interesting story.

There was a little bit of that with Killmonger in Black Panther.  And, actually a fair amount of that in Captain Marvel.  (It obviously takes her awhile to figure out the Kree are the antagonists.)

It still doesn't sit well with me that T'Challa was beaten by Killmonger in the succession challenge, coupled with Killmonger's legitimate claim to the Wakandan throne.  (T'Challa is really the usurper!)

I'd love to see Leader and Zemo work a little consortium/think-tank, with some back-channel communication with General Ross to come up with a managable way to enforce the Sokovia Accords and limit the abilities of enhanced folk.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,654
    I would order Disney+ today if they made a TV show of just Korg and Meek hanging out. Like Seinfeld more or less.
    bpk2300SumoLegodonutboystluxgmonkey76
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 711
    SumoLego said:
    It still doesn't sit well with me that T'Challa was beaten by Killmonger in the succession challenge, coupled with Killmonger's legitimate claim to the Wakandan throne.  (T'Challa is really the usurper!)
    But... didn't T'Challa come back and state "I never yielded?" If the challenge is only over once one dies or yields, then technically speaking, according to those rules, it was still ongoing.
    SumoLegogmonkey76
    SumoLego said:
    But... didn't T'Challa come back and state "I never yielded?" If the challenge is only over once one dies or yields, then technically speaking, according to those rules, it was still ongoing.
    He also technically 'died' and had to be revived with the magic plant - that they're not permitted to use in the challenge - after being tossed off the waterfall.

And, clearly, the challenge was over, as Killmonger took control of Wakanda.
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 711
    SumoLego said:
    SumoLego said:
    He also technically 'died' and had to be revived with the magic plant - that they're not permitted to use in the challenge - after being tossed off the waterfall.

And, clearly, the challenge was over, as Killmonger took control of Wakanda.
    Mmmm... He was close to death, but not gone. The plant did heal him, yes. And it was administered without his knowledge or consent. Plus, Killmonger already assumed the contest was over and took the plant himself. 
    I'm just saying it's kind of fuzzy. Naturally Killmonger assumed him dead and took over - only in silly comic book movies do people survive such falls.
    SumoLegogmonkey76
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 652
    I can’t wait to hear the awkwardness of how they resolved the leadership of Wakanda during and after the Endgame 5 years. I assumed M’Baku would probably take the crown through additional ritual combat because Shuri had gone too, but I assume T’Challa’s mother did instead. The latter would certainly be less awkward to resolve in Black Panther 2.
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 421
    CaptainRogers said:
     Naturally Killmonger assumed him dead and took over - only in silly comic book movies do people survive such falls.
    This is why they need Deadpool: to point out that they're in a silly comic book movie, and that T'Challa likely survived that fall. :p
    dmcc0
    All of Wakanda seemed to believe he was King.  But nonetheless, it didn't stick.  But one should acknowledge there is some fuzzy math on T'Challa's ascension to the throne.
    CaptainRogers
  • ersiersi SlovakiaMember Posts: 168
    I hope we will see 3 of 3 print soon :D Do you have some info or not ?
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,733
    SMC said:
    You know what that wouldn't be a bad idea for marvel. Have a few films where different villains take on the different less than super powerful heros. Then have the villains join forces to take on a super powerful hero like captain marvel.
    I would like to see them do the Sinister Six. They have taken on the Avengers so would be a nice possible ensemble film for the last spiderman film. It could be him stepping up to be the new leader for the avengers. Which seems to be the way they are leading him. 
  • MegtheCatMegtheCat Houston, TXMember Posts: 496
    ersi said:
    I hope we will see 3 of 3 print soon :D Do you have some info or not ?
    I saw it on IG (last week I think), so it could be coming soon. It is Spiderman themed.