Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Marvel Discussion

Comments

• RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 900
    Natfire said:
    Given most haven't seen the elephant yet, I reckon it's better to not discuss the film.

#ThanosDemandsYourSilence and whatnot.
    Hmm... it was screening here since yesterday, I thought the movie would air about the same day or so around the world.

J0rgen said:
    I'm holding my tongue about Endgame until well after next week, seeing as it probably doesn't come out in the U.S. for about a month ;) I've always found it ironic that the people who've actually known these characters beforehand have been the last to see the movies.
    US is showing 1 month from now!? Seriously?

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,896
    Endgame is opening in the US today too. It was always advertised the 26th (midnight 25th)
    Astrobricks
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 760
    edited April 25
    I'm here in the US and am seeing it today. Within the last year or so, I think Marvel has tried to make sure their films are released simultaneously around the world (as much as possible) so that not only are spoilers kept pretty secret, but also everyone has a chance to see it the same day.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,084
    She used DHL to deliver those elephants so should have known they wont turn up until 6 weeks after the expected delivery date.
    Hannibal had the same problem in Italy.  You really need to check Google Reviews.
    Baby_Yodagmonkey76Redbullgivesuwind
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 220
    I was just exaggerating, @Recce ;) The MCU films used to come out a week later in the US, but it's been reduced to a couple of days with the last few.
    J0rgen said:
    I was just exaggerating, @Recce ;) The MCU films used to come out a week later in the US, but it's been reduced to a couple of days with the last few.
    Haha, I remembered reading someone's comments here back then about movies releasing in Australia like 1 month after rest of the world!
    LEGOFan2Baby_Yoda
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,247
    ^ Yep, TLM2 was a late March release for us. It seems the tables have turned since...
    But regardless, this thread must be spoiler-free. Not everyone is able to see the film the second it comes out.
    gmonkey76
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 685
    Is there a separate Endgame thread? Saw it tonight. It was good, and about what I expected. Lots and lots of options for new Lego models and characters. After having seen the movie, I'm disappointed with the Endgame wave we actually got. Seriously, Ultimate Quinjet? Maybe there'll be a second wave to make up for it. Who knows?
    Baby_Yoda
    You can head over to the Infinity War Thread in the off-topic.
    flord
    flord said:
    Is there a separate Endgame thread? Saw it tonight. It was good, and about what I expected. Lots and lots of options for new Lego models and characters. After having seen the movie, I'm disappointed with the Endgame wave we actually got. Seriously, Ultimate Quinjet? Maybe there'll be a second wave to make up for it. Who knows?

There's a new Endgame movie thread created under Off Topic. 
    SumoLegoflordBaby_Yoda
  • SparkyHamSparkyHam Bristol, UKMember Posts: 133
    edited May 7
    Having just watched the Spider-Man, Far From Home trailer, it's interesting that Lego decided to portray Hydro-Man in minifigure scale and Molton-Man as a brick-build.

I prefer minifig scale and was wondering if anyone can suggest some minifig parts from other themes/sets that could represent Molton-Man (and the Sand-like creature in the trailer) in minifigure scale? I'm guessing there might be some in Ninjago, but I'm not familiar with the theme. Thanks!
  • BOBJACK_JACKBOBBOBJACK_JACKBOB ScotlandMember Posts: 517
    edited May 7
    @SparkyHam The best, IMO, flame based minifigure would be this guy - #70339
    The best earth-based minifig is Sandman from #76114
    Not sure how they match up to what you are looking for but maybe they are a good place to start before changing some parts and modifying?
    ^Hmm, that didn't work... use the numbers to find the sets, the links are not connecting to the set page as I was expecting them to.
    Does anyone know what I did wrong? Hashtag set number should link to the set page, no?
    Thanks.
    dmcc0
    ^Hmm, that didn't work... use the numbers to find the sets, the links are not connecting to the set page as I was expecting them to.
    Does anyone know what I did wrong? Hashtag set number should link to the set page, no?
    Thanks.
    The links work fine for me, and oh my days, that headpiece on the Lava monster from #70339 looks terrific!

Really helpful. I'm not a big fan of Bigfigs, and I like how Lego augmented Hydro-Man with bricks whilst maintaining the minifigure. I'm trying to recreate some of the scenes from the trailer on a scale that can't accommodate the brick-built Molton-Man.
    BOBJACK_JACKBOB
    edited May 7
    ^Lol, the links are working now. At first they were linking to a search of the forum. Weird.
    I think that the Sandman I linked to and the Hydro-Man from the Far From Home Venice set compliment each other very well. With some sort of flame/lava base to sit on, the Nexo-Knights figure would go great with the other two.
    I already have the Nexo Knight flame guy and almost bought the Sandman set at the weekend for exactly the same reason as you.
    The Sandman set is currently 20% off in Tesco at the moment. £28 reduced from £35.
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,247
    ^ Hashtagged set numbers will show to you as regular tags until you refresh the page. I'm not certain, but I believe this is because the forum recognises the tags as set numbers after you post them, whereas you see your own message instantly.
    BOBJACK_JACKBOB

I think that the Sandman I linked to and the Hydro-Man from the Far From Home Venice set compliment each other very well. With some sort of flame/lava base to sit on, the Nexo-Knights figure would go great with the other two.
    I already have the Nexo Knight flame guy and almost bought the Sandman set at the weekend for exactly the same reason as you.
    The Sandman set is currently 20% off in Tesco at the moment. £28 reduced from £35.
    I managed to find the sandman set for £20 on ebay, which is nice for 4 figs I don't already have (didn't realise there was an updated print for Spiderman). I also ended up brick-linking the darker version of the lava monster you recommended, whose colouring resembles molten-man a bit better IMO.

Apparently their are 4 'Elementals' in the Marvel comics, the fourth being 'Zephyr, mistress of the winds.' Wondering whether it IS the Elementals in 'Far From Home' and if yes, whether all four of them will be on screen. Guess we'll find out when the movie is released.

Blue Bayou aka Black Widow is currently filming in Norway: https://www.nrk.no/mr/marvel-fan-lurte-seg-inn-pa-filmomradet-1.14568933

BOBJACK_JACKBOBCM4SBaby_Yoda
    @J0rgen Thanks for the info. Could you tell us a quick summary of the article please? I take it Norway is doubling for Russia? It's funny to me if that is the case since Scotland doubled for Norway in Endgame!
    Some local superfans discovered that they were shooting the film in a small town in Western Norway. Presumably it's doubling for Russia, but the article doesn't say anything about the plot. They've shot night scenes in a boat, and something on a ferry, as well as a local grocery store. It is funny that they're finally actually shooting in Norway, after featuring scenes here in many films shot in studios or elsewhere, and this time it's likely not Norway.
    BOBJACK_JACKBOB
    ^Thanks for that, I appreciate the info.
    edited May 29
    I find this kind of mind-boggling and inconsistent.  I'm going to read into this as some sort of post-snap post-Endgame alternative reality.

I just don't see Marvel going back into Phase 1, Phase 2 or Phase 3 time periods for material for new movies.  Unless they aren't really planning on replicating the team-up model on the same scale.

(I'm also wary that if they try to just copy the first phases of Avengers movies, there will be diminishing returns and everything will go all DC.)
    VorpalRyu
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 648
    SumoLego said:
     and everything will go all DC.)
    I... I see no problem with this. ;p
    SumoLego
    klinton said:
    SumoLego said:
     and everything will go all Transformers.)
    Better?
    VorpalRyu
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,175
    Perhaps Black Widow is in Soul World with Gamora and also Adam Warlock will get introduced. Purely guessing, but that would be a new realm or dimension that they can go into.
    SumoLego said:
    klinton said:
    SumoLego said:
     and everything will go all Transformers.)
    Better?
    Now you're just being evil. 
    SumoLegoMaffyD
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 376
    edited May 30
    SumoLego said:
    ...and everything will go all DC.)
    They really tried it with Endgame... That final battle resembled a lot the battle against the first invasion of Stepenwolf in Justice League, and the arrival of Captain Marvel was so Superman-like, "Look at me, I'm OP so I'll save you all. I wasn't dead, it's a big universe, I have other place to be save. Because, you know, big universe. Did I say it's a big universe?".
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,251
    ^ One of the many reasons Endgame is a massive disappointment after what Infinity War promised what was to come.
    gmonkey76jnscoelho
    jnscoelho said:
    ...against the first invasion of Stepenwolf in Justice League...
    With the notable exception that all of the characters in Endgame were familiar and I had some emotional investment in all of them.  

There wasn't a random introduction of say, the Green Lantern Corps., never to be seen or heard from again.  Steppenwolf had no backstory, etc. etc. etc., but I digress.
    VorpalRyu said:
    ^ One of the many reasons Endgame is a massive disappointment after what Infinity War promised what was to come.
    Aside from Stark having no actual sacrifice, I think it was far from a disappointment - given that this movie was not for a comic book audience - it was for an MCU audience.  And although there is overlap, they are different audiences.  I like that they kept the story simple.  

I remember people being disappointed with LotR Return of the King because it followed too closely to the book and there were no surprises.  Simple and safe for this type of event movie is definitely the way to go.  Most of the moviegoing public doesn't want a thought-provoking lesson in cinema.

(How much would audiences revolt if the movie was two hours of not being able to alter Thanos's actions?)
    stluxBaby_YodapharmjodMegtheCat
    SumoLego said:
    jnscoelho said:
    ...against the first invasion of Stepenwolf in Justice League...
    With the notable exception that all of the characters in Endgame were familiar and I had some emotional investment in all of them.  

There wasn't a random introduction of say, the Green Lantern Corps., never to be seen or heard from again.  Steppenwolf had no backstory, etc. etc. etc., but I digress.
    See, I had far more emotional investment in JL. I was agog, like a kid in a toy store, loving every bit of it. Whereas I was desperately hoping Endgame would just bloody end already (most misleading title ever, that) so I could use the toilet and go out for a smoke. Yes, I've seen these watered down film versions of these characters across all 963 MCU films over the past decade... but that's really not a plus. Seeing Kirby's Fourth World spring to life on screen was akin to a religious experience. 

jnscoelho
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,777
    Can any one recommend any new stories to read? I have just finished Winter Soldier and now have a gap. I have read a few of the classic stuff like Dark Phoenix, House of Men, Secret Wars, Civil War. 
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 376
    SumoLego said:
    Aside from Stark having no actual sacrifice, I think it was far from a disappointment - given that this movie was not for a comic book audience - it was for an MCU audience.  And although there is overlap, they are different audiences.  I like that they kept the story simple.  
    I don't read Marvel in decades, but I've seen all MCU movies except for CM, and I was disappointed. Almost as much as with Justice League.
    Infinity War was much, much better than Endgame.
    gmonkey76
  • rawbobrawbob UKMember Posts: 517
    SumoLego said:
    I thought someone was atleast trying with Logan, but the whole 'clone of the main character' bad-guy was an uninspired story.
    I agree 100%!  I enjoyed Logan but was disappointed by the ending.  A bad guy wolverine clone is something that some 5-6 year old might come up with.  Very uninspiring indeed.

****Spoilers for Logan follow****

I also agree. The villain should have been Sabretooth. It would have given closure to that character as well and linking Logan back to the first Wolverine solo movie.

Having an adamantium-skeleton Sabretooth played by Live Schrieber would have been perfect. He was one of the few good things in that movie.

In addition, Wolverine should have had to kill Xavier during one of the professor's seizures when it looked like he was beyond help. That would have been more tragic.

BOBJACK_JACKBOBVorpalRyuSumoLegoReesesPiecesgmonkey76MegtheCat
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 823
    @rawbob That would have been awesome.  You see a shadow come up behind Logan.  Logan sniffs the air and recognizes the scent.  He turns around to see an aged Sabretooth (Liv).  
    VorpalRyuBOBJACK_JACKBOBgmonkey76
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 823
    Can any one recommend any new stories to read? I have just finished Winter Soldier and now have a gap. I have read a few of the classic stuff like Dark Phoenix, House of Men, Secret Wars, Civil War. 
    Some classics that I really likes are...
    -God Loves, Man Kills (X-Men)
    -Wolverine (original miniseries)
    -Old Man Logan
    -Kraven's Last Hunt (Spiderman - it is a darker story)
    -Hawkeye Vol. 1& 2 by Matt Fraction and David Aja (I'm not a Hawkeye fan but I really enjoyed these books...unique and humorous)
    BOBJACK_JACKBOBLyichirRedbullgivesuwind
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,477
    The Avengers Celestial Madonna saga is one of my favorites. 
    BOBJACK_JACKBOBklintonRedbullgivesuwind
    rawbob said:
    I also agree.
    There's something I find fundamentally boring when opposing characters are just alter-egos of each other.  It is far more interesting to watch superheroes of mis-matched powers square off.  (Despite this, I think Sabretooth would have been more compelling than the clone.)

Or an Xavier-driven Sabretooth would have been even better.  (i.e. something in Xavier's subconscious protecting itself - knowing that Logan would be the only Mutant that could kill him.)

And in circling back to the Endgame criticism - Logan is an excellent example of a very different type of storytelling that would have surprised everyone - as it has quite radical plot and character elements.  If Endgame were something closer to Logan, rather than RotJ - there would have been a very different reaction!  Sometimes these big event movies just need a 'happy' ending.

(As a big fan of Greek Tragedy, a movie like Logan is far more intellectually satisfying than Endgame.  Which is why Stark having his cake and eating it too doesn't sit well with me.)
    BOBJACK_JACKBOBgmonkey76

-Hawkeye Vol. 1& 2 by Matt Fraction and David Aja (I'm not a Hawkeye fan but I really enjoyed these books...unique and humorous)
    The recent Vision series (or two?) by, I think, Tom King are really good as well and although it is vastly different from Hawkeye, I would recommend this to anyone who enjoyed Hawkeye too.
    LyichirReesesPiecesSumoLegoklintonRedbullgivesuwind
    edited May 30
    The Avengers Celestial Madonna saga is one of my favorites. 
    This is one of my all time favorite stories! As a kid, I read and reread the issues until pages were falling out. 

The recent Vision series (or two?) by, I think, Tom King are really good as well and although it is vastly different from Hawkeye, I would recommend this to anyone who enjoyed Hawkeye too.

Yes! It was a phenomenal read, that! 

On top of those two suggestions, I'd stronglt recommend Aaron's run on Thor duing the "Marvel NOW!" era. I've little use for Thor generally, but it was absolutely top shelf material. 

And, 'Avengers Forever'. This should really be required reading for everyone. I get that not everyone has the time or money to read the entirety of the Avengers canon, but Stern and Busiek neatly summed up decades of stories into one series (via Kang shenanigans). From there you will likely spot stories that you may wish to further investigate. 

The first two volumes of "Uncanny Avengers" by Remender are probably my favorite comics written inside the past 20 years. It's an insane time travel saga that has the Avengers recruiting X-men to the team, and squaring off against Red Skull, Kang and a very pissed off Celestial, with all kinds of shocking twists and turns. 
    BOBJACK_JACKBOBRedbullgivesuwind
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,777
    I will def check all those out cheers @ReesesPieces @datsunrobbie @BOBJACK_JACKBOB and @klinton those will keep me busy.
    BOBJACK_JACKBOB
    @Redbullgivesuwind one more recommendation, although the longer you put this off and the more Marvel and DC you have read before, the more you will enjoy it, is Kurt Busiak and George Perez's Avengers/JLA. It is the Endgame of comics! Every member of both rosters appear at some point, it is massive, the stakes are huge, every major character gets a moment to shine, there are countless callbacks to the history of DC and Marvel, the art is sublime, I could go on!

To me it is the pinnacle of superhero comics. Sure there are comics that are better, cleverer, more emotional, etc, but there is no comic that celebrates superhero comics more.
    dmcc0Redbullgivesuwind
  • lcdo_figueroalcdo_figueroa College Station, TXMember Posts: 62
    In more LEGO related discussion. Maybe this isn't the best place to ask but is #76127 a Target exclusive? I haven't seen any big discounts on it (Maybe once it went down 20%) and I've only seen it in stock at Target.com and [email protected]
    In more LEGO related discussion. Maybe this isn't the best place to ask but is #76127 a Target exclusive? I haven't seen any big discounts on it (Maybe once it went down 20%) and I've only seen it in stock at Target.com and [email protected]
    I don't think so. Target exclusives are usually only available at [email protected] here in Canada, and I've seen the Captain Marvel set at Walmart and TRU. 
    SumoLego
    It is in the USA. 
    gmonkey76lcdo_figueroa
  • lcdo_figueroalcdo_figueroa College Station, TXMember Posts: 62
    So it's a Target exclusive in the US? @CaptainRogers
    So it's a Target exclusive in the US? @CaptainRogers
    That's an affirmative. 
  • johnhenzjohnhenz Sunderland, EnglandMember Posts: 94
    Has the 2nd art print been available yet? 
  • Th1nDieselTh1nDiesel UKMember Posts: 557
    @johnhenz Yes, it's currently available with. £35 spend on Marvel sets, though one was added to my order which didn't have any Marvel sets in it. YMMV
  • johnhenzjohnhenz Sunderland, EnglandMember Posts: 94
    @johnhenz Yes, it's currently available with. £35 spend on Marvel sets, though one was added to my order which didn't have any Marvel sets in it. YMMV
    Thanks 😁 sorted it out yesterday. Thought it was it just wasn't adding to my cart. 
    edited June 17
    I saw a mock-up box of a fan set on # Lego leaks of an endgame battle pack. It was a brickbuilt portal with a male Wakandan (I think the tribe with the blue cloak and energy shield), a male Asgardian warrior, a female magician and an alien Ravager on a small flying bike. I don't really pay much attention to fan ideas but this one just looked cool. I would buy multiples if LEGO released a similar set.
    edit- Just to be clear, although this was on a lego leak thread, it was not an official set. Just a fan's MOC.
    CM4SThe_Rancor