Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Star Wars Discussion

Comments

• The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,669
    edited February 19
    I hope this is okay, but I thought it might be of interest. Some loon (in the best sense of the word!) laid out every single piece of the UCS MilF neatly on their floor and took a picture! :-D

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/lmopyo/all_7541_pieces_of_the_ucs_millennium_falcon/
    When knolling gets out of hand... I’d like to see the next step where they actually build the set from an entire floor’s worth of parts
    Mr_Cross
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,032
    I hope this is okay, but I thought it might be of interest. Some loon (in the best sense of the word!) laid out every single piece of the UCS MilF neatly on their floor and took a picture! :-D

https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/comments/lmopyo/all_7541_pieces_of_the_ucs_millennium_falcon/
    When knolling gets out of hand... I’d like to see the next step where they actually build the set from an entire floor’s worth of parts
    I noticed a couple things in that picture.
    A - it’s not fully knolled as many parts are not fully sorted.
    B - Judging by the curves in the ships rigging parts, this is a disassembled MilF. I wonder what percentage of MilF owners have decided to take theirs apart.
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 737

B - Judging by the curves in the ships rigging parts, this is a disassembled MilF. I wonder what percentage of MilF owners have decided to take theirs apart.
    They've applied stickers, so I definitely agree this is likely a disassembled set. I can't imagine taking mine apart!
    Astrobricks
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,096

Yup, based off the replies in the thread of the person who took the picture, this was done as part of their reassembly procedure to build the ship a second time.  I didn't read enough to the thread to find out WHY they had taken it apart and were now rebuilding it though :P
    Astrobricks
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 537
    What's not shown: pet comes barreling into the scene out of nowhere and scatters pieces everywhere, some never to be seen again.

(Looks like a bowl of pet food in the upper right of the pic.)
    560HeliportJackad7
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,399
    The OP did mention a near-miss in the thread!

This is the first time I've heard the expression "knolled" used in this context, i.e. not with regard to bells, so had to look it up!

True it’s more of a ‘parts mosaic’ than what we would know as knolling
    Astrobricks
  • lowleadlowlead USAMember Posts: 83
    What's not shown: pet comes barreling into the scene out of nowhere and scatters pieces everywhere, some never to be seen again....
    I don't know what's more stressful - looking at this pic or seeing a gymnasium-sized domino setup prematurely triggered.  Jeeezum crow. 

• steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 195
    Imagine my disappoinment when my backordered 75292 from January was shipped to me today like this.... Cry or laugh? Also it's now called 'The Razor Crest' again?

Man I'm bummed. What's the chance lego will stand over this and try send me another? Incase you cannot see from my pictures this arrived outside of Lego packaging and has been sliced at each side then straight across the middle by customs I guess.
    I've been collecting since 2014 and this is the first time this has happened to me. I live in UK.
     at each 

steveomcl said:
    Imagine my disappoinment when my backordered 75292 from January was shipped to me today like this.... Cry or laugh? Also it's now called 'The Razor Crest' again?

Man I'm bummed. What's the chance lego will stand over this and try send me another? Incase you cannot see from my pictures this arrived outside of Lego packaging and has been sliced at each side then straight across the middle by customs I guess.
    I've been collecting since 2014 and this is the first time this has happened to me. I live in UK.

That is absolutely brutal.  I would at least contact CS about it.  Worst they can do is say no, but I would think they would be interested in making sure stuff like this doesn't happen to their shipments as much as possible.
    gmonkey76
  • steveomclsteveomcl Member Posts: 195
    Quick update,

I phoned TLG straight away. A great adviser sent me a replacement set (on back order again) straight away with priority shipping via DHL.

He had never heard of this happening but was very interested in the photos I had of it. I sent them off after the phone call. I'm guessing I was 1 parcel selected from the many thousands for a search. Really unlucky that they essentially destroyed a collectable, But heh the matter is now sorted and I Have a spare Razor Crest that I am still afraid to open lol.

The_RancorLobotFizyxgmonkey76bpk2300
    edited March 24
    If I could swap for you I would, because I wouldn’t have cared if the box was torn open as long as none of the contents inside were damaged or incomplete. Glad they are sending another though.
    iwybsgmonkey76Lego_the_HuttKungFuKennydatsunrobbie
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 554
    Just wondering if anyone knows if/what UCS sets are planned for May the 4th? I've been speculating that we would get the LAAT but they announced that it would be out "before the end of the year" which seems to be more of a December release phrase.
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 737
    Jackad7 said:
    Just wondering if anyone knows if/what UCS sets are planned for May the 4th? I've been speculating that we would get the LAAT but they announced that it would be out "before the end of the year" which seems to be more of a December release phrase.
    The rumor is that May 4 will have an updated UCS R2-D2 and a micro-scale Tatooine scene as the GWP.

The UCS Republic Gunship is expected later in the year. There is also a rumor about a large $800 UCS set coming later as well.
    Jackad7KungFuKenny
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 961
    Is it silly to preorder the helmets and Probe Droid now, when they won't ship until 26 of April, so close to a May 4 GWP? I'd happily wait an extra week, but I guess the dangers is they go temporarily out of stock on launch. 
  • Yo_dAYo_dA IndianaMember Posts: 45
    So, I preordered the Viper Probe Droid yesterday evening and 3 minutes later got an email update from Lego to let me know it is on backorder.

Yo_dA said:
    So, I preordered the Viper Probe Droid yesterday evening and 3 minutes later got an email update from Lego to let me know it is on backorder.

I don’t know whether it’s literally on backorder or whether it’s an odd behavioural thing because it’s on preorder, maybe we’ll have to wait and see, it’ll be a few weeks yet!
    Astrobricksgmonkey76
    ^ Yes, I hope it’s a only system thing.  My fear is that the preorders quickly exceeded their initial supply.  I would be surprised considering some of the mixed reviews for this set.
    Yo_dA said:
    ^ Yes, I hope it’s a only system thing.  My fear is that the preorders quickly exceeded their initial supply.  I would be surprised considering some of the mixed reviews for this set.
    The opinion on this site seems to be almost entirely positive, last I checked.
    560Heliport
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,605
    Is anyone else feeling very unenthused about this year's May 4th? I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's that a new R2 (if that is this year's set) doesn't excite me too much. I wasn't too fussed about the last one either, despite eventually getting it. Hopefully Lego will surprise us with a giant AT-AT or something.

Maybe part of the problem is that there are just so many great, big sets released nowadays that May 4th doesn't seem like such an epic event any more.
    560Heliportgmonkey76Legoboy
    At this point anything is more interesting than the January 2021 wave (despite sounding like a broken record). I don’t know whether I’d definitely want the R2-D2 but we’ll have to see! I really had my fingers crossed for the Republic Gunship but I guess we could be waiting a bit for that one.
    Yo_dA
    I’m hoping the Cantina will be available for purchase by May 4th.  Also hoping for an exclusive minifig gwp for the 4th promo. 
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,815
    Yo_dA said:
    I’m hoping the Cantina will be available for purchase by May 4th.  Also hoping for an exclusive minifig gwp for the 4th promo. 
    I think the leaks are pointing towards a Tatooine mini build similar to the others released in the last couple of years.
    gmonkey76
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,605
    edited April 9
    Yo_dA said:
    I miss the days of the exclusive minifigures. I was so excited for TC-14. That minifig also stopped me lusting after the existing chrome 3PO as the print was so much better on TC-14. 9 years later and I'm still waiting for that updated 3PO.

I think TC-14 also coincided with the UCS B-Wing being half off (or was it even .ore than that?) in the US. The B-Wing deal may have been the year after. Either way, they dont make May 4ths like that any more.

Although thinking out it... a Tatooine diorama is a lot more substantial than a simple minifigure so maybe I'm just talking nonsense. Perhaps a diorama with exclusive Beru Lars minifig would keep everyone (even me) happy.
    GothamConstructionCoJ0rgenYellowcastleKungFuKennyJackad7
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,713
    Yup, it was 50% off and I still balked...
    KungFuKennySumoLego
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 554
    On the LEGO home site they have a link for a Dutch Vander display exclusive giveaway but when I click "learn more" it just takes me to the VIP page which has nothing about it. Will this entry open when the promo begins or am I going to the wrong spot? First time actually following May the 4th promotional event.
  • todlertodler UK - South WestMember Posts: 83
    Jackad7 said:
    On the LEGO home site they have a link for a Dutch Vander display exclusive giveaway but when I click "learn more" it just takes me to the VIP page which has nothing about it. Will this entry open when the promo begins or am I going to the wrong spot? First time actually following May the 4th promotional event.
    Looks like it’s a sweepstake (vip points purchase) from the 1st May. Has the dates on the banner
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 589
    ^ huh. I didn't see anything regarding the Dutch Vander promo but there were several Marvel prints listed. but no images. seems like I could redeem for them but chose not too since I couldn't see what they looked like. interesting.
  • todlertodler UK - South WestMember Posts: 83

The_RancorJackad7KungFuKennySumoLegoFizyxGothamConstructionCoBrainsluggedOnebricktoomany
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,792
    Eh?  Why?

Ugh.
    Fizyxgmonkey76bpk2300iwybsOnebricktoomany
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,411
    AstrobricksFizyxJackad7
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,313
    Put Luke's head on Supreme Leader Snoke's body. There ya go!
    Mr_CrossBrainsluggedSumoLegopxchris
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 615
    ^It looks like a Lloyd from another dimension. With a severe skin problem on his chest.
    KungFuKenny560HeliportiwybsSumoLegoOnebricktoomany
    Mr_Cross said:
    I wish...

He'd fit in - either in WW84, or as Goldmember's Padawan... Goldschwert Himmelschlange.
    560HeliportiwybsKungFuKennygmonkey76
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 367
    I think you could get a retweet from Hamill himself with that excellent custom!
    KungFuKennyMr_CrossjnscoelhoBrainslugged
  • Blockwork_OrangeBlockwork_Orange ON, CanadaMember Posts: 110
    Just a question I came across as I was browsing Brickset's database to see what Star Wars sets I'm missing from my collection. 

Why is it that the SW Brickheadz sets are not included in the SW section of the database?  I'm guessing it is because they are considered Brickheadz and not SW.  If that is the case, is there any way to add them or cross reference them to be included in both sections?

Interestingly a while back I ran into the same issue at a Toys R Us where they had a percentage off of SW sets, but the Brickheadz ones didn't come up with the discount.  The manager said that they were Brickheadz and not Star Wars despite my pointing out the large SW logo on the front of the boxes!  

PS: Don't get me started on how difficult it is trying to convince stores that the LEGO advent calendars must be included in the post Christmas clearances of Christmas items.
    KungFuKenny
    Just a question I came across as I was browsing Brickset's database to see what Star Wars sets I'm missing from my collection. 

Why is it that the SW Brickheadz sets are not included in the SW section of the database?  I'm guessing it is because they are considered Brickheadz and not SW.  If that is the case, is there any way to add them or cross reference them to be included in both sections?

Interestingly a while back I ran into the same issue at a Toys R Us where they had a percentage off of SW sets, but the Brickheadz ones didn't come up with the discount.  The manager said that they were Brickheadz and not Star Wars despite my pointing out the large SW logo on the front of the boxes!  

PS: Don't get me started on how difficult it is trying to convince stores that the LEGO advent calendars must be included in the post Christmas clearances of Christmas items.
    Just select the STAR WARS tag, then filter with Brickheadz theme.
    https://brickset.com/sets/tag-Star-Wars/theme-BrickHeadz
    KungFuKenny
    Ah Toys ‘R Us... I didn’t mourn their passing and I don’t miss ‘em now...
    SumoLegogmonkey76
    Blasphemer!  The night the BOGO died. 😔
    SumoLego
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,797
    Blasphemer!  The night the BOGO died. 😔
    Eh it worked out to 20% off their marked up prices last few years they were open. I only miss the make and takes
    SumoLegogmonkey76
    I got multiple exclusive sets, both LEGO and TRU exclusives, from TRU over the years as part of the majestic BOGO.

And TRU was such a big part of my childhood and then played a big role in me recapturing that magic later in life.

I’m still sad it’s gone. 😥
    560HeliportSumoLegopanchox1
    $0.75 CMFs.

And the occasional $0.99 super-clearance markdown was always fun.

I'm pretty sure there are still some #5002144 Dareth vs. Nindroid polybags stashed somewhere in a TRU warehouse...
    Yellowcastlegmonkey76Fizyx
    Every time I see a chrome stormtrooper, I get melancholic.
    Jackad7
    Mos Eisley is back in stock in the US...after months of waiting I finally snagged one, with double VIP points to boot!  
    FizyxYellowcastleYo_dAGothamConstructionCopxchris
    Mos Eisley is back in stock in the US...after months of waiting I finally snagged one, with double VIP points to boot!  

With basically everything else coming back in stock EXCEPT Mos Eisley, I've actually been hoping for the last two months that LEGO was saving stock for the May 4th sale, and I'm so glad that they were.  Got mine as well, and super stoked about it!
    KungFuKennyYellowcastle
    Every time I see a chrome stormtrooper, I get melancholic.
    You need more Vitamin D-Kenobi.
    gmonkey76
    Oh snap! I just acquired a #10240 too in time for May the Fourth.

I also got a long awaited #8039 so that’ll fit nicely with my Prequel collection - can’t believe it’s still the only normal scale one ever produced by TLG!
    KungFuKennyBumblepants

Trunk Snozkins.
    YellowcastleKungFuKennyBumblepantsBrainslugged