Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Star Wars Discussion

Comments

• Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 585
    iwybs said:
    What goes around comes around ... the 2004 X-wing with Yoda's hut gave Luke a green lightsaber.  If the 2021 Imperial Shuttle gives Luke a blue lightsaber, the wrong blades balance! I can swap them and they'll both have the right color, after 17 years!

What? I own that set and the green lightsaber is for Yoda...a little Easter egg hidden in the hut. Remember, Attack of the Clones came out in 2002, probably right around the time when the Design Team started working on the set. Yoda had canonically had a lightsaber since "The Phantom Menace", per the Episode I Official Visual Guide (1999).

As for the 2021 Imperial Shuttle, I can only hope that is a printing/CGI error and Luke actually comes with the green saber and his properly-colored hand. That said, LEGO has flubbed before, most notably with Anakin Skywalker in the Custom Jedi Starfighter set from 2015. Anakin's hands are both flesh-colored when one should be "gold" (probably like C3P0's hands) to represent his mechanical hand.
    J0rgen
  • iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 103
    I know one green lightsaber is for Yoda, but my copy of the set had two green lightsaber blades and two lightsaber hilts. So did my brother's copy.  I got mine from Target in late November 2003, my brother got his in May 2004. Pictures in the instructions and the box clearly showed one of the lightsabers being stored in the cargo bay beneath the nose, indicating it was for Luke.  Maybe the color mistake was corrected in later production runs of the set.
    X-wing step 24 and Yoda hut step 13 in the instructions on Letsbuilditagain.com separately show a green lightsaber in the X-wing cargo bay and in the space beneath Yoda's bed, and the Bricklink inventory shows two hilts, two trans neon green blades, and zero trans blue blades, so it looks like the wrong lightsaber blade color for Luke wasn't unique to the copies of set 4502 bought by me and my brother.
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,396
    ...Execute Page 66...
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76560HeliportpxchrisUmandraugKungFuKennybrickedinYo_dAmatticus_bricks
  • UmandraugUmandraug Doomstadt, LatveriaMember Posts: 73
    ...Execute Page 66...
    ...Good soldiers follow orders...
    560HeliportThe_Rancor
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 674
    Umandraug said:
    ...Execute Page 66...
    ...Good soldiers follow orders...
    Are you calling Rex a bad soldier? How dare you! How. dare. you!
    560Heliport
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,081
    I really like the new X-wing and TIE Fighter. Both ships and six minifigures for $90? Awesome! The X-wing's wing mechanism looks like the best yet.
    BumblepantsPapaBear
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,517
    I really like the new X-wing and TIE Fighter. Both ships and six minifigures for $90? Awesome! The X-wing's wing mechanism looks like the best yet.
    I was just reading the review on The Brothers Brick. I would call that a lot more than "a slight natural gap". I quite like the chibi TIE Fighter, but I'm very glad to have a couple of the last x-wing.

560Heliport
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 585
    iwybs said:
    X-wing step 24 and Yoda hut step 13 in the instructions on Letsbuilditagain.com separately show a green lightsaber in the X-wing cargo bay and in the space beneath Yoda's bed, and the Bricklink inventory shows two hilts, two trans neon green blades, and zero trans blue blades, so it looks like the wrong lightsaber blade color for Luke wasn't unique to the copies of set 4502 bought by me and my brother.
    You're absolutely right, I looked back into my repackaged set and there are two green lightsabers included. Why for the life of me did I just accept that back in Christmas 2003 when I got the set? It should be blue for Luke, but a green one is stashed in his X-wing, implying it is for him.
    As I reflect on this, I start to remember how I didn't like seeing this X-wing covered in swamp weeds, and I think I never put them on to begin with. It was a conscious choice in an age where I was growing more hesitant to alter sets in my collection. Perhaps in that frame of mind, however, I decided to ignore Luke's green lightsaber during the events of Episode V and just keep it as hidden away as Yoda's was.

The green lightsaber bothered me a bit, but what was worse was the lack of an orange flight suit for Luke.  I was never happy about having to use the green flight suit from my 7134 A-wing with my 4502 X-wing.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,975
    flord said:
    So, uh, do I buy a Razor Crest now? I mean I probably will anyway...
    Mine ordered for the week preceding black Friday still hasn't arrived from [email protected] I did get an email saying that it is still backordered yesterday, but it will arrive by 11th Feb 2021!
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    Lovely @veyniac . Nice photography too.

In other news, my Star Wars Advent calendar has the wrong thing behind today's door :(
    Investigation by opening the box shows I have two of the same, with today's completely missing.

veyniac
  • todlertodler UK - South WestMember Posts: 69
    omnium said:

In other news, my Star Wars Advent calendar has the wrong thing behind today's door :(
    Investigation by opening the box shows I have two of the same, with today's completely missing.

I had the same last year with Luke missing. Lego CS sorted it for me though
    omniumSumoLego
    todler said:
    omnium said:

I had the same last year with Luke missing. Lego CS sorted it for me though

Good to know they sorted it out for you. I figured I'd complainto them and see what they do.
    I could alway complain to the place I bought it, but @Legoboy might just take the piss 🤣
    SumoLegoBumblepantsFizyxgmonkey76LobotLegoboy560HeliportGothamConstructionCoKungFuKenny
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,446
    ^ Oh, he'll send you a bag of something.  Just might not be what you want.
    BumblepantsomniumFizyxgmonkey76560Heliportstarwars4everKungFuKennyVorpalRyu
    My first reaction to that was, "oh shit". Followed by "precisely" 🤣
    gmonkey76560HeliportBumblepantsKungFuKennySumoLego
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 988
    omnium said:
    @omnium - if you PM me your address I'll ping you my spare :-)
    Mr_Crossomnium
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,804
    edited December 2020
    omnium said:

SURPRISE!
    560HeliportBumblepantsFizyxKungFuKennyAstrobricksSumoLegoLordmoralVorpalRyuomnium
  • veyniacveyniac Northwest MinnesotaMember Posts: 161
    @omnium it is actually a render, not a photograph. It's nice to know that I am getting good enough that people can't tell the difference, though :)
    AstrobricksLordmoralomnium
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 739
    edited December 2020
    So, do you think the Slave I will be a Lego set based upon the Mandalorian show (Boba, the sniper and a Dark Trooper)?
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,717
    veyniac said:
    @omnium it is actually a render, not a photograph. It's nice to know that I am getting good enough that people can't tell the difference, though :)
    It’s also nice when people make it clear that they are posting a render :)
    560HeliportLordmoral
  • Casper_vd_KorfCasper_vd_Korf Twente, The NetherlandsMember Posts: 152
    Lordmoral said:
    So, do you think the Slave I will be a Lego set based upon the Mandalorian show (Boba, the sniper and a Dark Trooper)?
    Maybe. I think the ship is likely, but the figures depend on what happens in the rest of the season, and moff Gideon doesn’t have a figure yet.
    gmonkey76Lordmoral
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,975
    I think Mando will have rebuilt the Razor Crest by the time mine (backordered) comes from [email protected] (quoted no later than mid Feb 2021!)
    flordLordmoral
    Lobot said:
    omnium said:
    @omnium - if you PM me your address I'll ping you my spare :-)

I can't tell if that's a joke or an offer :-D but I'll be grand, LEGO CS will sort it out for me. Meanwhile, I have enough spares to build one from my own collection.
    Thanks!
    omnium said:

I can't tell if that's a joke or an offer :-D but I'll be grand, LEGO CS will sort it out for me. Meanwhile, I have enough spares to build one from my own collection.
    Thanks!

@omnium - Sorry I didn't word that very well!  I've got a spare one in my Bricklink store which I'd be happy to ping onto you if you'd like a sealed one and CS can't help :-)

omnium
  • PapaBearPapaBear East CoastMember Posts: 492
    Really liking the look of the new x-wing and tie fighter, especially the fighter.  I think I will buy the fighter on the first day.  They are much more likely to move multiples of these to the same buyers as they will fit in dioramas well and army builders should appreciate them modestly.  Not to mention they should look really good next to the Falcon and ISD.
    panchox1SirBrickalotOfLego
    Lobot said:
    omnium said:

Thanks!

@omnium - Sorry I didn't word that very well!  I've got a spare one in my Bricklink store which I'd be happy to ping onto you if you'd like a sealed one and CS can't help :-)

Thanks, that's very kind. I've emailed CS. I'll update here either way. I'll PM you  to get a link to your store so I can bookmark it.
    Lobot
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,372
    edited December 2020
    @omnium@Lobot runs Bespin Bricks, great service!
    bandit778omniumLobot
    Mr_Cross said:

Thanks for the link! I also PM'd Lobot and got it and added to my favourite stores.
    Mr_Cross
    Mr_Cross said:
    Thanks @Mr_Cross - always very happy to help a fellow Bricksetter!
    bandit778Mr_Cross
    Lordmoral said:
    Maybe. I think the ship is likely, but the figures depend on what happens in the rest of the season, and moff Gideon doesn’t have a figure yet.
    Yeah that's why I didn't mentioned what happens except a general idea without going to much into spoilers.
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 508
    edited December 2020
    Dang it. My day 8 in the advent calender is wrong. 🙁

Looks like I got 2 day of 20. 
    What I want from the batch of announced SW shows and movies that Disney revealed: Mandalorian (Moff Gideon Tie, ITT (Imperial Troop Transport)), The Bad Batch (the team and some Imperial Clones as well characters and a well done Venator Cruiser), Andor (sets for my Imperial and Rebel Armies build), Lando (ambient scenes), Ashoka (likely yes), Rogue Squadron (TBD), Acolyte (TBD),  Rangers of the New Republic (TBD), Kenobi (ambient scenes).

Bad Batch will almost certainly have a version of their Lambda-inspired shuttle to go with them. If TLG only release one Bad Batch set, that would be it.
    LordmoralAddicted2Oxygen
    Bad Batch will almost certainly have a version of their Lambda-inspired shuttle to go with them. If TLG only release one Bad Batch set, that would be it.
    -That's true and they better not pull again what they did with the Knights of Ren hover tank and a collect all sets for the figures but at least;
    -Acolyte is reportedly Old Republic from what I understand;
    -Andor is set before Rogue One;
    -Kenobi is post episode 3;
    -Ashoka is post Rebels;
    -Lando is after Solo with allegedly Billy Dee Williams in the story;
    -Rangers of the New Republic (same timeline as Mandalorian and Ashoka);
    -Droids, Rogue Squadron and others are unknown to me and I'll appreciate any intel you have on their timeline but everything other that an unknown film is seemingly set before Resistance and the Sequel Trilogy with awesome characters who were not properly developed.

I think all of those sets based on just-announced IP are years down the road.  I doubt any of them will get more than one set - not like the major-release Star Wars movies.

LEGO tends to wait on relative popularity of the show before rolling out their merchandise if it isn't a major release.  We're at the end of season 2, and there's been a total of four playsets.  Maybe there'll be a glut of sets in anticipation of season 4.  I'd like a Krayyt Dragon with yellow/green/brown flick-fire acid missles...

And by comparison, they release very few movie-specific Marvel sets, even for major releases.  I chalk that up to whatever focus group marketing LEGO does to anticipate demand.  (And probably why there are 100 different versions of Iron Man, and repeating iterations of the Hall of Armor.)
    gmonkey76BumblepantsandheLordmoral
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,647
    SumoLego said:
    I think all of those sets based on just-announced IP are years down the road.  I doubt any of them will get more than one set - not like the major-release Star Wars movies.

LEGO tends to wait on relative popularity of the show before rolling out their merchandise if it isn't a major release.  We're at the end of season 2, and there's been a total of four playsets.  Maybe there'll be a glut of sets in anticipation of season 4.  I'd like a Krayyt Dragon with yellow/green/brown flick-fire acid missles...

I think they will be quicker to put out sets for the new shows since Mando was so successful. They made a ton of Clone Wars and Rebels sets when those shows were at their height. Disney is has clearly decided D+ shows are going to be a huge force moving forward so I expect their marketing partners will go along with it. Merch $$ is where it is at. I remember reading Cars merch was pulling in 9 figure earnings even in non-film years for awhile.
    andheThe_RancorLordmoral
  • Diamondback_SixDiamondback_Six USAMember Posts: 124
    The other thing to remember is the production cycle--for example, the small game publisher I work with has to have factory time and production specs for each product locked in a year before the run starts, and then there's another 6 months to year of pre-production development going from idea before that "commit point."

Safe to assume that even with a broader supplier network and more funding to win the "priority bidding war" there's only so much that schedule can be reduced by...
    SumoLego560HeliportandheLordmoral
    I'm watching The Rise of Skywalker (again) and the Knights of Ren still make me think of a couple of lines from the song "Young, Dumb & Ugly", from Weird Al Yankovic's 1993 album, Alapalooza: "We wear black leather in the hottest weather... you can't imagine the smell!"
    SumoLegoKungFuKennyBumblepantsLordmoral
    edited December 2020
    ^ It's breathable Gore-Tex.  Plus, they're weren't on screen long enough to break a sweat.
    560HeliportAstrobricksKungFuKennygmonkey76J0rgenLordmoral
    The LEGO Night Buzzard can't hold all six Knights, let alone laundry facilities!
    AstrobricksLordmoral
    And the Empire and First Order won't give their troops blaster-proof armor or marksmanship training- you think they're gonna spring for Gore-Tex?!
    KungFuKennygmonkey76SumoLegopxchrisLordmoral
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,717
    The LEGO Night Buzzard can't hold all six Knights, let alone laundry facilities!
    Can it hold any?
    KungFuKennygmonkey76560HeliportJ0rgenLordmoral
    I'm watching The Rise of Skywalker (again)...
    Did you lose a bet or something? 🙂
    I actually liked it! It could have been a lot better, though. Like, for instance, if there had been a storyline for the sequel trilogy, instead of just making it up along the way.
    BumblepantsThe_Rancorbandit778KungFuKennypxchrisstarwars4everThe_StudLordmoral
    edited December 2020
    I'm watching The Rise of Skywalker (again)...
    Did you lose a bet or something? 🙂
    I actually liked it! It could have been a lot better, though. Like, for instance, if there had been a storyline for the sequel trilogy, instead of just making it up along the way.
    I agree on both statements. Sure, the overarching story and many of the plot devices were very contrived after watching Episodes VI-VIII, but lots of the action is very good fun, there’s some good humour and the duels between Rey and Ben are great too. Plus, I won’t complain about more screen time for Lando, ‘Han’, Maz, Threepio, Artoo and Babu Frik (arguably just as cute as ‘The Child’).

Yes, Episode IX isn’t as good as most other Star Wars films but it’s still a fun ride, particularly when watching with family who don’t question the plot to the same degree as us Star Wars diehards!
    560Heliportbandit778KungFuKennySumoLegopxchrisautolycusFizyxThe_StudLordmoral
    The_Rancor said:
    ...who don’t question the plot...
    This is would be the key.  I don't question the plot with respect to Transformer, Fast and Furious and DC Universe movies, but I also have little respect and glean no entertainment value from them.
    KungFuKennyiwybsLordmoral