Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Star Wars Discussion

Comments

• jedivalkyriejedivalkyrie Member Posts: 219
    edited November 2020
    Anyone have the Bricklink XML file for the #77904 inventory?  I'm not able to find it.
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,570
    edited November 2020
    Anyone have the Bricklink XML file for the #77904 inventory?  I'm not able to find it.

I’m not finding the xml but I think you can add the parts to a new wanted list in Bricklink from the set page on Rebrickable...
    https://rebrickable.com/sets/77904-1/nebulon-b-frigate/#parts
  • jedivalkyriejedivalkyrie Member Posts: 219
    ^ that’s great!  Thanks for the info!
    KungFuKenny
  • Leandro16Leandro16 New Jersey Member Posts: 88
    Have you all noticed that out of all the comic con exclusives, only the frigate actually has the badge of comic con and actually says comic con San Diego 2020.
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 689
    Leandro16 said:
    Have you all noticed that out of all the comic con exclusives, only the frigate actually has the badge of comic con and actually says comic con San Diego 2020.
    Bespin Duel was originally done for Star Wars Celebration, but still interesting that it didn’t have some sort of branding. Maybe they always knew they would release some of those sets to the general public?
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 453
    edited November 2020
    wasn't #77906 heading to DC FanDome event rather than SDCC leaving only 2 sets actual SDCC - #77904 and #77905 so 50% with the SDCC logo ?
    gmonkey76
  • Leandro16Leandro16 New Jersey Member Posts: 88
    edited November 2020
    Yea it was mostly a curiosity in my part, especially when some of the early release pictures had the comic con stamp on set #77905. It made me think that set #77904 might have sold out more quickly, because of the rarity of the comic con stamp and being the only set to have one.
  • jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 175
    The stars were not aligned for me when the Nebulon Frigate went up for sale. First, after reading that it was most likely going to be up at 9am ET, I felt comfortable I'd be able to get it. BUT, I also realized there was a chance that it could go up any time, starting at midnight ET. So, planning on being awake and at the ready at 11pm CT, my timezone, that didn't pan out: my family is fighting colds and I took some meds that knocked me out.

The Nebulon is the set I've been wanting since I first saw news of it, so....regrettably, I turned to ebay. Now, I did sort by Buy it Now and looked for the lowest price with free shipping and wound up paying $89. I won't call this a win or a loss, more like a stalemate.
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 509
    I missed all these posts and didn't see it till after they were gone. super bummed. hope they release more like the dual set.
    Well, my [email protected] ordered Nebulon B arrived just now... The box is crushed on one end. I might be able to work out some of the creases, but it clearly wasn't packed well enough. That's a shame. I've never had bad luck with their packaging on this size set. Large sets are always a challenge, but this one should have been easy. And as a limited edition should have been a bigger priority.

I'm still waiting for the one I ordered from Amazon. If it arrives in good shape, I will just open the one from Lego and keep the other as my "mint" copy for gifting or trading down the line.

Has anybody had luck with Lego customer service doing a replacement swap on a set like this? I know Amazon won't budge on it, except maybe some store credit. I'm guessing Lego will do VIP points if anything?
    bpk2300FizyxKungFuKenny
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,011
    autolycus said:
    Well, my [email protected] ordered Nebulon B arrived just now... The box is crushed on one end. I might be able to work out some of the creases, but it clearly wasn't packed well enough. That's a shame. I've never had bad luck with their packaging on this size set. Large sets are always a challenge, but this one should have been easy. And as a limited edition should have been a bigger priority.

That super sucks!  I would expect it from Amazon, but from LEGO itself... that's infuriating just to think about.  :(
    autolycusKungFuKenny
    What’s most amazing to me is that my Taskmaster’s Ambush set from Amazon came in an unpadded plastic envelope and it was absolutely perfect, but somehow this one got damaged?!
    KungFuKennystarwars4ever
    So there is some news on the Nebulon B - it seems Lego was actually sold out in about the first 20 minutes, and through some glitch sold twice as many sets as were available- hence the order cancellations some are getting this week.  I breathed a sigh of relief when I got my Fed Ex tracking number yesterday, but a lot of others weren’t so lucky...
    https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-nebulon-b-frigate-77904-lego-shop-orders-being-cancelled/
    gmonkey76AstrobricksautolycusFizyx
    Yikes, that’s a big whoops from Lego! I guess I will count my blessings with my damaged box. At least I have a set I can build and the physical instructions.
    FizyxCymbeline
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 820
    edited November 2020
    I'm definitely not happy right now. I set an alarm for midnight last Saturday, woke up, and was able to place 2 orders for a total of 3 Nebulon B Frigates. I received word my packages both arrived at 11:30 a.m. yesterday, so on lunch I drove home and... Nothing. I live in a small townhouse community and I've never seen porch pirates there because it is out of the way, and no neighbors I spoke to saw any FedEx truck. I'm really hoping it turns up in the next day or two. For all the orders that could've gotten lost...
    autolycusFizyx
  • Darthtater147Darthtater147 United StatesMember Posts: 51
    I am in a situation where my Nebulon order shipped on 11/14, with an expected delivery date of 11/15. However, I have not yet received my order, and tracking shows that FedEx has only received the shipping information, and that the delivery date will be updated once they received the package. Having talked to a couple of LEGO reps, they keep telling me to give it a couple more days, but that they may need to refund me my order if it does not show up. Never have had issues with LEGO in the past, but it is really going to suck if the first lost order occurs with the Nebulon...
    The Nebulon B seems to be quite the enigma for Amazon and Lego itself. How very strange.

My amazon order is now in shipping limbo, but not as bad as @CaptainRogers. My Oct 23 order shipped finally on Nov 16 but the tracking has bounced back and forth between Charlotte and Atlanta “carrier facility” at intervals that aren’t physically possible. Obviously the data is bad. The tracking had been saying it would arrive yesterday by 8pm. Until 8pm, when it changed to “delayed”. I think it might now be with the USPS to deliver with my mail today, but I’m not entirely sure.

At least I look 50/50 or better to get it at some point. I feel awful for all the people who ordered from Lego itself and had cancellations or something like “shipped” but maybe not really shipped at all and no way to replace it!
    CaptainRogers
    autolycus said:

At least I look 50/50 or better to get it at some point. I feel awful for all the people who ordered from Lego itself and had cancellations or something like “shipped” but maybe not really shipped at all and no way to replace it!
    That's the worst part: I am totally fine with getting a refund if an order doesn't show up: it happens. But the fact is I won't be able to get a replacement without dropping 2-3x times the price, and that ain't happening.
    FizyxKungFuKennyautolycus
    Luckily my Nebulon order arrived safely— good luck to those still waiting!

I finished my Sith Mosaic... I found it oddly relaxing, and the accompanying soundtrack was pretty enjoyable as well.  I think they did a great job on the design- I couldn’t see how the pattern would emerge until I was almost done...

stluxCymbelinepanchox1gmonkey76pxchrisMr_CrossandheGothamConstructionCoLordmoral
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,523
    I finished my Sith Mosaic... I found it oddly relaxing, and the accompanying soundtrack was pretty enjoyable as well.  I think they did a great job on the design- I couldn’t see how the pattern would emerge until I was almost done...
    Please tell me you didn't align all 2000+ studs with the word Lego the right way up!
    KungFuKennyCymbeline560HeliportFizyxLordmoral
  • ShropshireShropshire UKMember Posts: 453
    Really pleased they turned up

KungFuKennyCymbelineCaptainRogers
    Really pleased they turned up

Yes.
  • jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 175
    Our mail person frequently confuses our house number and street name. It doesn't help when you live in the 'burbs and all the street names are basically the same. One subdivision near me has about a dozen streets with the name Jacob associated with them.
    560Heliport
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 516
    Please tell me you didn't align all 2000+ studs with the word Lego the right way up!
    Yep- it gives me a perverse, zen-like satisfaction to see them all lined up!  Besides, my kids are grown and it doesn’t take that much longer... 🙂
    I know the feels.  I do that with every set I build.
    KungFuKenny
    Looks like good news all around for @CaptainRogers and me! Really glad they arrived for you. 

Mine were delivered by my postman this afternoon. Amazon did the crappy padded envelope thing, but this box was still in better shape than the one from Lego. It has a crease on the front, but it’s not too bad.
    KungFuKennyCaptainRogersFizyxCymbeline
    The newly revealed AT-AT microfighter has the exclusive print from the Hoth promotional set #40333. That should make building the set from parts a little easier.

Bumblepants560HeliportKungFuKennyAyliffegmonkey76Mr_CrossomniumbrickedinLordmoral
  • Diamondback_SixDiamondback_Six USAMember Posts: 130
    Ugh... the new Microfighter AT-AT is a giant leap backward compared to the old. :( If the new Falcon represents the ship in Solo it might be a buy, but otherwise I see no point in just a rehash from Series 1 with a new hairpiece.

I get the need to revisit and reissue every so often, just wish it would be done with some thought to the Day One-ers. Say, instead of reissuing Luke's X-wing, do Biggs's or Wedge's, or more "army builder" generics and less "unique characters." Also, there are a TON of digital Microfighter designs in the games just begging to be made into Brick...
    gmonkey76
    Addendum to my prior, in the early years Microfighters seemed to be designed and released as logical "opposed pairs" and the box art even reflected this, but over the past few years it seems to be a slap-some-stuff-together sideshow afterthought, and while I'd be disappointed I wouldn't be surprised if it goes the way of the Planets Collection.
    gmonkey76
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 516
    ^^ Speaking of rehashes and the Planets series, how about they rerelease the final batch of Planets that didn't make it to the US??
    Diamondback_Six
    edited November 2020
    Would be cool, but I suspect they got dumped in Overseas markets because of flopping in the US. :(

While we're at it, Microfighter Razor Crest with Din Djarin and Baby Yoda WHEN? And what would be its logical opponent?
    pxchrisSumoLego
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 585
    Would be cool, but I suspect they got dumped in Overseas markets because of flopping in the US. :(

While we're at it, Microfighter Razor Crest with Din Djarin and Baby Yoda WHEN? And what would be its logical opponent?

^Um, Moff Gideon's TIE Fighter? Or they could play it bland and have a New Republic X-wing.
    Diamondback_SixBrainsluggedpxchris
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,094

Jawa and Sandcrawler!
    Lego_Lord_MayorcaBrainsluggedJ0rgenpxchris
  • J0rgenJ0rgen NorwayMember Posts: 333
    What I really want from a Mandalorian Microfighter is a brick built blerg (?) with either Mando or Kuil (?), perhaps vs. a Sandcrawler with a grey jawa. Blerg and Razor Crest dual pack would be the best, but I guess they need a conflict :/
    560HeliportautolycusBumblepantsbrickedin
    J0rgen said:
    What I really want from a Mandalorian Microfighter is a brick built blerg (?) with either Mando or Kuil (?), perhaps vs. a Sandcrawler with a grey jawa. Blerg and Razor Crest dual pack would be the best, but I guess they need a conflict :/
    A micro fighter that's just Kuill on a blurg would be PERFECT!
    BumblepantsJ0rgenThe_RancoriwybsbrickedinLordmoral
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 740
    You would think with the 🔥 that Mandalorian is right now that the company would come up with more than one or two sets per season (Imperial Troop Transport as a big one).
    Lordmoral said:
    You would think with the 🔥 that Mandalorian is right now that the company would come up with more than one or two sets per season (Imperial Troop Transport as a big one).
    Similarly, you woulda expected 'em to tie this year's JW line in with Camp Cretaceous instead of clinging to "we've got the license, now we're gonna do our own thing with it and we don't care what the rest of the brand does."
    Oh no... Some sites are showing pictures of the 2021 SW sets, including the Imperial Shuttle... I can't even look at the shuttle in detail because they have made 2 monumental, and unforgivable mistakes with the Luke mini figure: 1) His lightsaber is blue, but since it's a RotJ set, it should be green. 2) They have his left hand, instead of the correct right hand, as the robot hand.
  • iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 102
    What goes around comes around ... the 2004 X-wing with Yoda's hut gave Luke a green lightsaber.  If the 2021 Imperial Shuttle gives Luke a blue lightsaber, the wrong blades balance! I can swap them and they'll both have the right color, after 17 years!
    khmellymelFizyx
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,179
    RIP Dave Prowse - The original Man in the Mask. 
    560HeliportmessymadforLEGOgmonkey76The_Rancor
    bandit778 said:
    Just by coincidence, I had the original star wars trilogy turn up this morning. Now I have all of the good star wars movies on 4k. It seems like a fitting way to remember the big guy.

GothamConstructionCoSumoLegoomniumgmonkey76vanvonfullAddicted2OxygenMaffyD
    The David Prowse situation always makes me chuckle. I can imagine him telling his kids in '77 that he was in this huge sci-fi movie. He'd have taken his family along to watch it, only to discover that his voice had been dubbed over and his kids wouldn't believe it was him in the Vader costume.

Fast forward to 1980 and Prowse vows to prove he is actually Vader, so divulges the secret that in the climax of the movie, Vader reveals he killed Luke's dad. So they all head off to the cinema again, only for Prowse to be blindsided by the fact that Vader was actually Luke's dad, and that Prowse had been fed fake dialogue. Powse's kids still don't believe he's Vader.

So finally 1983 rolls around and Prowse reads in the script that Vader is gonna get unmasked at the end of the movie. "Finally, this is my chance to prove to my kids once and for all that I'm Vader...."

"Oh crap!"
    560HeliportomniumKungFuKennyFizyxgmonkey76CymbelineJ0rgenpxchrisAddicted2Oxygen
    Just by coincidence, I had the original star wars trilogy turn up this morning. Now I have all of the good star wars movies on 4k. It seems like a fitting way to remember the big guy.
    Plot twist: I don't yet own a 4K TV!
    560Heliportomniumgmonkey76CymbelineAddicted2Oxygen
  • Pate5346Pate5346 Member Posts: 849
    bandit778 said:

First time I see Rogue One in 4K .

First time I see Rogue One in 4K . 
    I had a hard time tracking it down a few months ago, but now it seems to be quite common. Maybe I got it just as it had been re-released as the OCD in me is quite relieved it matches the other three movies that arrived today.
    Pate5346andhe
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,476
    ^ You're missing the other seven movies!
    560Heliport
    SumoLego said:
    ^ You're missing the other seven movies!
    I did try to get Caravan of Courage on 4K, but it isn't available yet.
    560HeliportBumblepantsSumoLegogmonkey76J0rgenAddicted2Oxygen
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 740
    So I bought 2 501st Packs at
    $29.99 and when I was gonna shop for the AT-AT ($196) and Grievous Starfighter ($96) I found out that even if they were applicable for the Black Friday deals those specials were on both Friday and Saturday so I left them.