Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Star Wars Discussion

Comments

• MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 505
     I put it in my cart, but didn’t pull the trigger on the pre-order. Now it’s OOS. Doh!
    Same here.  Decided to sleep on it and woke up to it being OOS.  Despite the evidence autolycus provided that it was the Nebulon B, I wanted to be sure before ordering it.  Now, the listing shows the actual name but it's still OOS.  :(
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 564
     I put it in my cart, but didn’t pull the trigger on the pre-order. Now it’s OOS. Doh!
    Same here.  Decided to sleep on it and woke up to it being OOS.  Despite the evidence autolycus provided that it was the Nebulon B, I wanted to be sure before ordering it.  Now, the listing shows the actual name but it's still OOS.  :(
    I figured it was pretty low risk. They won't charge my card until it ships. Anything purchased from Amazon.com Services, LLC (Amazon itself) from October through Christmas can be returned as late as January 31. I have a Kohl's a mile and a half away.

Where do you see it showing the actual set name and OOS? I can't find the listing at all anymore. When I go to my order history it still shows the "LEGO tbd-CC-SW-2020" placeholder, and the link to the product page still gives an error.
    Fizyx
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,461
    When I click on it in my cart, I get a “Something went wrong. We’re working on fixing it. (CS11)” message.
    edited October 14
    autolycus said:
    I figured it was pretty low risk. They won't charge my card until it ships. Anything purchased from Amazon.com Services, LLC (Amazon itself) from October through Christmas can be returned as late as January 31. I have a Kohl's a mile and a half away.

Where do you see it showing the actual set name and OOS? I can't find the listing at all anymore. When I go to my order history it still shows the "LEGO tbd-CC-SW-2020" placeholder, and the link to the product page still gives an error.
    Normally, I would have just kept it.  But I had a $10 Prime Day credit from a Whole Foods offer that applied to this item.  If it ended up being something else that I didn't want, I would've lost that credit.  I probably should've just gambled since there's nothing else really compelling to buy for Prime Day anyway!

Since I left it in my cart overnight, it got moved to my Save for Later list when it went OOS.  The link shows it as the Nebulon B now (didn't this morning) but when I click on it, goes to the same error page as it did last night.  What it shows for me: "LEGO Star Wars Nebulon-B Frigate 77904 Building Kit (459 Pieces)".
    autolycus
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 953
    I was going to pre-order #75318 today and there is no-longer a pre-order option. :-(
  • CymbelineCymbeline CanadaMember Posts: 284

For those Star Wars fans who want to inject a little more realism into their lightsaber battles, James Hobson at Hacksmith Industries in Kitchener, Ont., has created a "hyper-realistic, retractable plasma lightsaber that reaches a scorching heat of 2,200 C." The colour can be altered by adding different salts to the plasma. Unfortunately it slices through steel (not to mention body parts) so is very unfriendly to ABS. 

The_Rancor560HeliportKungFuKenny
    Cymbeline said:

For those Star Wars fans who want to inject a little more realism into their lightsaber battles, James Hobson at Hacksmith Industries in Kitchener, Ont., has created a "hyper-realistic, retractable plasma lightsaber that reaches a scorching heat of 2,200 C." The colour can be altered by adding different salts to the plasma. Unfortunately it slices through steel (not to mention body parts) so is very unfriendly to ABS. 

Probably sails right through other lightsabers too, making it difficult to have a decent lightsaber duel :)
    560HeliportCymbeline
    Yeah, a real lightsaber would be a terribly impractical weapon. Definitely not something we ever needed to see in real life. But Star Wars is fantasy, so it’s cool.
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 482
    pxchris said:
    I was going to pre-order #75318 today and there is no-longer a pre-order option. :-(

Must have been removed. I don't see anything as described in this thread.
    edited October 16
    pxchris said:
    There is on Amazon. I just checked it. This is The Child, not the Nebulon B.
  • Blockwork_OrangeBlockwork_Orange ON, CanadaMember Posts: 78
    Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but I see that the instructions for #77904 are available to download from the LEGO website.
    Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but I see that the instructions for #77904 are available to download from the LEGO website.
    Yup. Known.
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,977
    Spotted in West St. Paul Target: #75280 501st Legion Clone Troopers.
    KungFuKenny
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,425
    edited October 19
    Spotted in West St. Paul Target... 501st Legion Clone Troopers.
    Ever since the clones were de-commissioned they have been on the lookout for whatever work they can get... My guess is that Target hired these guys on for Black Friday security...
    560Heliportgmonkey76GothamConstructionCoSumoLego
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,977

Astrobricksgmonkey76FizyxKungFuKenny
    LOL, I’m ashamed it took me more than a second to get the Target “uniform” reference :)
    560Heliport
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 869
    Wanted to get the keychain. Sadly the big sets I would get (AT-AT, Mos Eisley) are OOS on shop.lego.com. I have everything else I might want. Not interested in Final Duel since I have the last version. Any intel on whether they may come back in stock in time?
    panchox1
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,438
    None of the reviews I saw of the Han in carbonite seemed to show a comparison with the minifig version. I'd originally assumed it was the same size, but all the reviews said it was smaller. So I was prepared for it to be a bit smaller than the plastic version. I was very surprised at just how small it was when I just opened it. That said... I think I like it even more at this size. Plus it has real weight to it. It seemed to hang around for a couple of days at Lego.com, so hopefully everyone who wanted one got one.

BumblepantsAstrobricksKungFuKennybandit778pxchrisMCNwakeboardFizyxSirBrickalotOfLegoGothamConstructionCo
    The smaller size makes sense, especially if it is going to be used for its intended purpose as a keychain.  It'll be much more durable than the plastic versions that have preceded it, which brings up the question of what other SW characters or LEGO items would make good keychains in this format.  
    560Heliport
    edited November 3
    The smaller size makes sense, especially if it is going to be used for its intended purpose as a keychain.  It'll be much more durable than the plastic versions that have preceded it, which brings up the question of what other SW characters or LEGO items would make good keychains in this format.  
    R2D2 would be my next choice, based on size, general shape, and less fiddly bits like arms and legs -- yes, R2 has legs, but they're more stout than minifig legs.
    560HeliportFizyx
    An interesting (and IMO unfortunate) observation I had today: I had gotten a TIE Fighter Pilot Helmet when the helmet line first came out. The box is glossy and taped shut. I just got the Stormtrooper and Boba Fett helmets from [email protected] today. The boxes are matte and aren't taped but are glued with the perforated punch holes like microfighters, brickheadz, and other small sets. I don't mind the change from glossy to matte. I really don't like the change to glued. That will make it much harder to open without really messing up the back, and even harder still to separate the top to flatten the box for storage.

How recent are these changes? Or is it that the pilot helmet has always been different?

KungFuKenny
    I noticed the same with D-O.  I didn't take a close look at the date codes but one Target had both variations on the shelf.
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,313
    All my SW helmet boxes were perforated tabs in the UK
    edited November 4
    I can maybe see a smaller set having push-tabs, but I was surprised to see them on #75318, which has over 1000 pieces... if D-O had them, then maybe this is a new trend for midsize SW sets...

^ As I’ve mentioned before, I’m seeing the perforated tabs on many sets, not just small ones. My D-O has them. Its factory code is 729R0, which would be Mexico if the letters still mean the same. I’m guessing tape seals may be on the way out, but it could take a while if they are switching as they add or replace packaging lines.
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 953
    Well if that is the case it is certainly an unfortunate development for the box savers among us. I'm not completely attached to my boxes, but I do typically keep them all the same.
    bpk2300autolycus
    pxchris said:
    Well if that is the case it is certainly an unfortunate development for the box savers among us. I'm not completely attached to my boxes, but I do typically keep them all the same.
    Yes, indeed. I might have to invest in particularly sharp fish filet knife to try to cut the glued sections more cleanly.
    Were the taped seals on the helmet sets more prone to opening due to the more square end profile of the boxes when compared to most sets which are very rectangular on the opening ends?
    edited November 4
    Were the taped seals on the helmet sets more prone to opening due to the more square end profile of the boxes when compared to most sets which are very rectangular on the opening ends?
    Good question. It’s also worth noting that you open the top or bottom of the taped version of the helmet sets or the bottom of the newer (?) fully glued versions. Could be that the taped seals were a problem on the bottom?
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,438
    Not sure if this is the best place for this, but here we go.

Lego X-wings seemed to have reached a real pinnacle. The last few from the OT and ST have stuck to a pretty great formula with only minor tweaks. Unfortunately it now looks like Lego is gonna take a bit of a step back in terms of size with the X-wings and TIEs in 2021.

Even though I'm not a big fan of the ST, I do like Poe's orange and white X-wing and built it this week. Great set, but I had a few of the same niggles with it as I did with the last version of Lukes X-wing:

1. The rear landing gear of inverted slope bricks was just lazy and ugly. I just removed these from both versions anyway so not a big deal.
    2. I didn't like the 'automated' closing of the wings when you placed it down. Again, a simple fix I'd done to both straight away by just leaving out the technic bar that protruded from the bottom.
    3. I've always hated the way the wing-opening mechanism now replaced all the greebling on top of the body.
    4. The elastic bands are a little unsightly, but not a huge deal, I guess.
    5. A big issue with Poe's most recent one is that the elastic bands put a huge amount of stress on the rear engines. That means all the engines are wonky under the pressure, and the entire wings end up twisted when open.

So with no big improvements on the horizon, I thought I'd address the greebling on top issue and moved the mechanism underneath. I also worked out how to fix the unsightly elastic bands and the twisting engines/wings by simply adding a pair of 3-long lightsaber blades to the model so I could connect the elastic bands in between the wings. Then I chucked on some different landing gear.

Really pleased with how it looks now with some relatively easy fixes. Pics below. Unfortunately I didn't take any 'before' pics, but hopefully anyone who has built this (or Luke's one) will appreciate the changes.

560HeliportKungFuKennyFizyxJ0rgenomniumSirBrickalotOfLegovanvonfullMr_CrossRedbullgivesuwind
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 955
    I just got a charge through Amazon for the amount of the pre-order that I put in for the hidden item that appeared to be #77904 a month ago, so I'm assuming at this point that the Nebulon-B pre-orders that went through at going to be honored.  No idea what this means for a wider release since the pre-orders seemed to get blown through pretty quickly.
    AstrobricksKungFuKennygmonkey76
  • Leandro16Leandro16 New Jersey Member Posts: 85
    Mine got shipped today.
  • Leandro16Leandro16 New Jersey Member Posts: 85
    *shipped out today.
    edited November 13
    Leandro16 said:
    *shipped out today.
    FYI @Leandro16, you can edit your posts within 6 minutes.
    Mine still hasn't shipped, but nothing else has changed with the order either. If it hasn't shipped this evening, I guess I will try to order from from [email protected] just to be safe.
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 482
    is it available on [email protected]?
    @panchox1 Lego posted on its Facebook page on Nov 6 that the Nebulon B would be available through Amazon and Lego.com on Nov 14. Did not give a time.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,600
    Got a shipping notice for mine, but with a Dec. 24th -Jan. 4th delivery date. Hopefully they ship them in a box this time.
    KungFuKennyFizyx
  • RraiderRraider USMember Posts: 25
    I got a shipping notice for mine also. Shipped with something else so I assume it will be in a box. Says it will be delivered tomorrow. 
    Fizyxgmonkey76
    Nebulon just went live on Lego.com
    bpk2300
    edited November 14
    And it’s sold out... :-) That may be a record (a little over 20 minutes!)
    edit: back up now - how long I wonder?
    bpk2300
    sold out again
    I was able to preorder at Amazon a few minutes ago.  It had a limit of 3.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,727
    Still available at Amazon: https://amzn.to/3pmsV26
    BumblepantsFizyxKungFuKenny
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,552
    Got one! I just can't help myself with these ComicCon sets actually available to me.
    FizyxKungFuKenny
    Interestingly as of 08:16 EST, the #77904 isn't showing up on the Canadian [email protected] site and hasn't been shown on the site previous to this either.  This is surprising as I thought the North American market was treated as one entity but this set appears to only be available to US customers for now.  Was it listed on the US site earlier as well?
    edited November 14
    Interestingly as of 08:16 EST, the #77904 isn't showing up on the Canadian [email protected] site and hasn't been shown on the site previous to this either.  This is surprising as I thought the North American market was treated as one entity but this set appears to only be available to US customers for now.  Was it listed on the US site earlier as well?
    It went live on the US [email protected] at around 11:55 PM EST, said sold out around 20 minutes later, and then had sporadic sets available for another hour.  Amazon went live around 3 AM EST and lasted a few hours.  At least one other Canadian member was having trouble with availability as well, so it may have truly been US only this time.  Watching the comments roll in from around the world (on the main site) was quite the spectator sport!  
    Bumblepantsbpk2300gmonkey76
    edited November 14
    Huw said:
    Interesting. That page says it’s the Number 1 best seller in toys and games category. Also, the only one available is from a reseller for $96, and he almost certainly doesn’t actually have it yet.
    KungFuKenny
    Huw said:
    Interesting. That page says it’s the Number 1 best seller in toys and games category. Also, the only one available is from a reseller for $96, and he almost certainly doesn’t actually have it yet.
    Yeah, I noticed that reseller's listing not long after people got shipping confirmations from when the order page went live with the placeholder name so he's probably in the same boat.  Wonder if they're on this forum...