Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Star Wars Discussion

Comments

• autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 469
    Fizyx said:
    I'm actually kind of mad about this.  I stayed up late to try to get my hands on it, and LEGO's stupid site wasn't working by the time I HAD to go to bed, and I woke up early... and it's already gone.  Thanks again LEGO for the wonderful online shopping experience -.-
    For future reference, the VIP early access seems to be at 9am EST rather than midnight like it is for general public releases.
    panchox1FizyxThe_Rancorgmonkey76
  • mattytreksmattytreks San Diego, CAMember Posts: 196
    @Fizyx- for future reference, (and to save yourself from going mad), "VIP Early Access" sets in the US region drop at 9am EST, while "General Release" sets in the US Region drop at Midnight EST.

I don't know why they do it that way, but they do.
    Fizyx
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,304
    ^ Or EDT, depending :)
    mattytreksFizyxdavetheoxygenman
    autolycus said:

For future reference, the VIP early access seems to be at 9am EST rather than midnight like it is for general public releases.
    Just now realizing you said exactly what I said -- before I said it :)
    Astrobricks
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,145
    ...on non-lego stuff, i.e. nonessentials...
    Except toilet paper.  
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,900
    edited September 17
    SumoLego said:
    ...on non-lego stuff, i.e. nonessentials...
    Except toilet paper.  
    I still hope that toilet paper will turn out to be less stable than expected, and all the a**holes that hoarded ridiculous quantities of it will suddenly be left with piles of dust. (Sorry for going seriously off-topic.)
    AstrobricksSumoLegobandit778Mr_CrossFizyxpxchris
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,329
    For those who missed it, #75294 Bespin Duel was briefly on Backorder status today and now says “temporarily out of stock”... may mean that they are making more of them ...

Astrobricksbpk2300560Heliportbandit778Mr_Crossmessy
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,257
    edited September 18
    My Mos Eisley got delivered from click to received in only just over 48 hours without express shipping which is unusual!

I hadn’t actually noticed until I saw the box in person but there’s a really nice touch in the top right hand corner. It looks like just glare from a distance but it’s actually a twin sunset behind the cantina, making it seem like the front of the box is set at night, or dusk. Perfect use of the 18+ branding! (Albeit the Ep IV scenes were not at night)

CM4S560Heliportbpk2300panchox1FizyxKungFuKennyMrGudzAddicted2Oxygen
    ^ I see Chris has also acknowledged the above in his excellent review posted since my previous comment - “I see you are a man of culture as well”
    Astronomically speaking, if you can see the suns, it’s not dusk or night :)
    560HeliportFizyxKungFuKennyLobotSumoLegodavetheoxygenman
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 926
    How 'bout that Baby Yoda though... My precious.

I am seriously tempted to pre-order it today once it becomes live... but no promotions or double points or anything to go with it. Ugh.
    Am I going to regret it if I don't pre-order then have to wait months for it to come back in stock?
    560HeliportKungFuKennydavetheoxygenman
    ^Razor Crest wasn’t out of stock as soon as the preorder period ended, which is somewhat comparable in terms of popularity
    560Heliportpxchrisgmonkey76
  • paul88paul88 Member Posts: 169
    Is there an expected date for the cantina to be back in stock? 
    pxchris said:
    How 'bout that Baby Yoda though... My precious.

I am seriously tempted to pre-order it today once it becomes live... but no promotions or double points or anything to go with it. Ugh.
    Am I going to regret it if I don't pre-order then have to wait months for it to come back in stock?
    I decided I wanted to go ahead and get it now- pre-order link worked surprisingly well and only was 3 minutes late in opening up
    pxchris
    paul88 said:
    Is there an expected date for the cantina to be back in stock? 
    They’re pretty secretive about that unless the product page says “Backorder ships by xxx”. I have asked about expected stock dates for “Temporarily Out of Stock” in the past and have always been told something like, “it’s going to be made again, but our system doesn’t show when it will be back in stock.”
  • paul88paul88 Member Posts: 169
    Thanks for the reply :)
  • JRBricksJRBricks HoustonMember Posts: 31
    Bespin Duel backorders accepted, will ship by Oct 8 now on [email protected] 
    bpk2300autolycusmessyMCNwakeboard
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 312
    Now I'm annoyed. I can accept Bespin Duel was a con exclusive and Lego are selling to the US due to the con being cancelled the sets made and in a warehouse etc. Now it looks like it has gone into a production run with back orders being accepted for it. If they're going to make more of them release it worldwide then.
    FizyxSumoLegogmonkey76hantotJ0rgenVorpalRyu
    Charmiefcb said:
    If they're going to make more of them release it worldwide then.
    First - agreed.

However, LEGO does have backorder policies based on production and QR standards.  If their original production run was in phases, whereby they manufacture a certain number sets, and then a second manufacture run was scheduled later in the production cycle (but originally still before the promotional event), all of those could have been delayed by COVID-related shutdowns.  Once the manufacturing restarted, more appear to become available well after their original 'need' date.  (Even though in total, it was the same number of total sets LEGO intended to produce.) 

Simultaneously, LEGO will only take a certain number of backorders based on where product is in the manufacturing and distribution network.  LEGO is not in the business of canceling orders based on not enough stock to fulfill the orders.  That's an automated process to protect LEGO from incorrectly anticipating demand for a particular product.  (i.e. Minecraft, the Dolphin Cruiser, etc.)

LEGO doesn't want people/dollars tied up in far-flung backorders - they would prefer to push consumers to readily available alternative options.
    gmonkey76KungFuKennystluxVorpalRyu
  • babieface75babieface75 ukMember Posts: 63
    If anyone does or is getting the Bespin Duel on backorder in the USA can you send me a pm if you can/dont mind shipping to the uk,much appreciated
  • hantothantot UKMember Posts: 270
    If anyone does or is getting the Bespin Duel on backorder in the USA can you send me a pm if you can/dont mind shipping to the uk,much appreciated
    would also like one shipping to the UK, maybe if theres enough interest and willing people to ship it could be combined to one US to UK shipment?
    hantot said:
    would also like one shipping to the UK, maybe if theres enough interest and willing people to ship it could be combined to one US to UK shipment?
    FYI, These type of posts should really be placed in the Marketplace section.
    560Heliportpaul88
    Now I'm annoyed. I can accept Bespin Duel was a con exclusive and Lego are selling to the US due to the con being cancelled the sets made and in a warehouse etc. Now it looks like it has gone into a production run with back orders being accepted for it. If they're going to make more of them release it worldwide then.
    Conversely, those located in regions outside of the UK can be equally annoyed by the disproportionate amount of special signing events that take place at the Leicester Square LEGO Store, compared to literally every other LEGO store worldwide combined.  Alas, the first world problems persist :)
    panchox1KungFuKennygmonkey76flordbpk2300SumoLego
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 532
    Conversely, those located in regions outside of the UK can be equally annoyed by the disproportionate amount of special signing events that take place at the Leicester Square LEGO Store, compared to literally every other LEGO store worldwide combined.  Alas, the first world problems persist :)
    You do know that the USA and the UK do not make up the entirety of the world, right?
    At least you guys have LEGO brand stores, and con exclusives, and so on and so forth.
    We barely even have polybags around here...
    J0rgenSumoLegoVorpalRyu
    JRBricks said:
    Bespin Duel backorders accepted, will ship by Oct 8 now on [email protected] 
    It is now listed as “Sold Out” ... did anyone order one this second round?  So Lego decided to produce more sets (and was offering them for backorder) and then they sold out a day later?  If that was the case, you would think it would say “temporarily sold out” instead... I wonder instead if it was unsold stock that they came across somehow?  Or an IT mistake on the website?  Weird in any case...
    @KungFuKenny I suspect this was one final, brief offering of canceled orders and whatever remaining stock that may have had left in the warehouse – and not necessarily another production run.
    BumblepantsKungFuKennypanchox1SumoLegoFizyxdatsunrobbie
    #75280 (501st Legion set) was briefly back in stock yesterday but now is back to “temporarily out of stock”... The Lego folks in charge of predicting demand and keeping the supply chain flowing have definitely had an interesting few months...
    I’ve not seen the 501st battlepack available on [email protected] a SINGLE time since midnight on 1st August in the UK - demand is crazy! I have found one elsewhere though in a smaller toy shop that offered to hold it for me.
    Fizyx
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 532
    SumoLego said:

I have heard of Wakanda, Sokovia and Tecala.  But I'm not completely convinced those are real places.
    You're purposely ignoring Latveria? You're doomed!
    KungFuKennySumoLego560Heliportdatsunrobbiegmonkey76RedbullgivesuwindSAMAEL64VorpalRyu
    @KungFuKenny I suspect this was one final, brief offering of canceled orders and whatever remaining stock that may have had left in the warehouse – and not necessarily another production run.
    Ok, now they are accepting backorders again on the Bespin Duel... this is almost funny!
    edited September 25
    Ok, now they are accepting backorders again on the Bespin Duel... this is almost funny!
    All you can do is throw you hands in the air *throws hands in air*, and scratch your head *scratches head*
    KungFuKennyFizyxbpk2300
    Another US exclusive incoming... i'm still salty about the Bespin Duel living in the UK https://www.lego.com/cdn/product-assets/product.bi.core.pdf/6347664.pdf
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,297
    Instructions are available online and there really isn't anything exclusive or even potentially very expensive (from what I can see). I'm cool with these sorts of promos, even the Bespin Luke is going to be available on a magazine... as @The_Rancor pointed out in the leaks thread Marvel fans might not be so placatable as that does look like two exclusive figures in the Black Widow set!
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,877
    I must admit I am not as bothered by the Bespin Duel as it does look like the figs will be freely available elsewhere. I think the Marvel promo will prob have its figs in a polybag at some point. 

The Nebulon-B looks great in my eyes. It does not look like it is in scale with the Star Destroyer but as a display piece it will look so nice on the shelf. Plus it does not look like it has any exclusive parts which is always helpful.
    FizyxSumoLego
    I often wonder if the Galaxy Alliance would have done a better job to sniff out Palpatine and the Sith plot to dominate the Galaxy...
    mattytreks
    Where’s the Ubrikkian? ;) Hidden behind the Cantina? Seems a shame not to have it easily on display after needing all those stickers. I put mine behind the bar wall at the back
    mattytreks
    Where’s the Ubrikkian? ;) Hidden behind the Cantina? Seems a shame not to have it easily on display after needing all those stickers. I put mine behind the bar wall at the back
    It’s actually not on display at the moment as I’ll be rotating things in, and modifying the cantina periodically.

That sticker application was certainly an exercise in patience, especially for someone who likes them set perfectly as I’m sure some of you do :)
    There’s a mysterious SW set kind of available for preorder on Amazon, at least in the US. The set is showing up in some searches and browsing but the set’s page gives an error.

I’m guessing it’s the Nebulon B, but could be something else.

VorpalRyuAstrobricksgmonkey76Brainslugged
    A little extra sleuthing strongly suggests this is the Nebulon B. The Amazon URL for the mystery set has the number 621324, which is the same number as what Brickset lists as the NA SKU (at least that’s what I think “LEGO item number” is).

the product page still doesn’t work, but it is actually possible to place a preorder with the Add to Cart button on an Amazon search results page that shows this.
    Astrobricksgmonkey76
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 690
    edited October 14
    Do you have a link to it or a search term to find it?
    Yeah, I didn’t want to post a link to avoid affiliate issues. The most consistent way to get it seems to be to go to the Star Wars storefront (Amazon.com/starwars) and the drill down to Toys then LEGO. 
    Astrobricksgmonkey76FizyxBrickByBrick
    Says it will be released November 14th... I’m actually quite surprised that this will be available on Amazon... I would have thought Lego.com only... maybe it means that they are producing a lot more than Bespin Duel, for example...
    can't get it in the cart using my UK account, hope they will ship internationally like on other items and give us all a chance
     I put it in my cart, but didn’t pull the trigger on the pre-order. Now it’s OOS. Doh!
    I'm guessing it will be like the Bespin Duel and will also be available from Lego.com for at least a little bit. At least I'm hoping that's the case for everyone who didn't get the sneaky pre-order in. It's just such a random situation!

I also don't entirely trust that Amazon will honor these preorders since it's not clear that they really meant to even post it yet.
    560HeliportAstrobricksgmonkey76
    autolycus said:
    I'm guessing it will be like the Bespin Duel and will also be available from Lego.com for at least a little bit. At least I'm hoping that's the case for everyone who didn't get the sneaky pre-order in. It's just such a random situation!

I also don't entirely trust that Amazon will honor these preorders since it's not clear that they really meant to even post it yet.
    I guess that’s why I didn’t actually order it. I just figured it wouldn’t work :-/
    560Heliport