Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Star Wars Discussion

Comments

• KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,541
    bamaker1 said:
    Got mine, but wouldn't let me use my Paypal account.  Had to use my debit card.
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one encountering PayPal issues.  I fumbled around for a good 3-4 minutes before finally giving up and paying with credit card instead.  That's never happened before with a LEGO.com purchase.
    Interesting... PayPal worked fine on my phone — it actually went live at like 10:55 CST, so someone at Lego IT was a bit trigger happy! :-)
    gmonkey76
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 242
    It’s live on Target.com.
    MCNwakeboard
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 585
    That was pretty smooth on Target.com. And the Red Card discount was nice to have to eliminate most of the tax. First thing I've order upon release from a website other than LEGO [email protected], but I will admit my experiences with [email protected] online have not been nearly as dreadful as others have experienced (aside from the VIP early release of the UCS Millennium Falcon in 2017. That was no fun for anybody!).
  • hantothantot UKMember Posts: 277
    now how to aquire one of these for a semi decent price in the UK!
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 1,401
    ^ Yeah I’ve got a Red Card* and I can’t get the Bespin Duel  ;)

It’s a shame the set has that nice anniversary tile but I already have Betrayal at Cloud City so I also basically have the set already.

*A red credit card
    560Heliport
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,520
    It’s a shame the set has that nice anniversary tile but I already have Betrayal at Cloud City so I also basically have the set already.
    You mean that nice anniversary sticker???
    The_Rancor
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,520
    I was awake at 5am UK time trying to order. No dice. So then I had a buddy in the US try to order but his card got declined (and frozen) as his bank associated the site with some sort of phising scam. Finally got it to work at 9am. 
    andhe
    You mean that nice anniversary sticker???
    It’s still exclusive ;)
    KungFuKennyandhe
  • exciter1exciter1 Member Posts: 226
    Sold Out at Target
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 308
    Did Target have an order limit when it was available?
  • mattytreksmattytreks San Diego, CAMember Posts: 197
    edited August 2020
    Sold out at Target and LEGO.

@MCNwakeboard yes, a limit of 1 per transaction.
    MCNwakeboard
  • bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 162
    Did Target have an order limit when it was available?
    Yes, it said Limit One.

I was too late and it was OOS when I tried ordering this morning. The $2 RedCard discount would have been nice but now I have it back-ordered at [email protected]
  • panchox1panchox1 The Outer RimMember Posts: 508
    strange. I also had paypal issues. but was able to switch to my card and checked out with no issue. Order status, in warehouse!
    KungFuKenny
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 308
    edited August 2020
    @bpk2300 Seems like it is available at Target again. Very odd how it keeps going in and out of stock. 
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,722
    I just ordered it at Target using the app. Says estimated shipping date 9/8.
    KungFuKenny
    edited August 2020
    Special versions of Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga confirmed to include ‘Blue Milk Luke Skywalker’ who is mostly just in a conventional Ep IV outfit, but has a milky moustache printed on his face and exclusive blue milk carton. Quite good fun as a new way of depicting Luke. It would have been interesting to see ‘deleted scene Luke’ when he actually went to Tosche Station and met up with Biggs though.

Seeing as it’s not a ‘leak’ thought I would bring it out on this thread although it’s already mentioned elsewhere.
    560HeliportYo_dA
  • CharmiefcbCharmiefcb SydneyMember Posts: 349
    Shame Skywalker Saga got held back but these things happen sometimes.
    I also have this weird feeling that Bespin Duel could be a giveaway in some regions down the line.
    Just got an email that my Bespin Duel has shipped via FedEx and should arrive in 2 days— much quicker than I expected!
    J0rgenbandit778gmonkey76pxchrisdavetheoxygenman
    My orders just arrived incredibly quickly from Target.  Can't wait to get this one built and on display!

bandit778560Heliportbpk2300blakusdkKungFuKennygmonkey76MCNwakeboardpanchox1
    ^ How’d you get two?
    ^ How’d you get two?
    There was a limit of 3 on LEGO.com, I believe...
    ^ How’d you get two?
    I ordered one (from Target), and my wife did, too.  That’s the how.

And the why?  Well, I’m one of those types that likes to display certain LEGO sets built, as well as new-in-box.
    SumoLegoAstrobricksbandit778blakusdkKungFuKennybpk2300MCNwakeboardFireheart
    Quick update on the Bespin at Target -- earlier today it said 'Temporarily Sold Out', which has now changed to 'Sold Out' as of writing this.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 869
    Two things:

1) AAT is available to order on Amazon.  Full price and ships in 2-4 weeks.  Not ideal but if you must have that is an option.  I assume it is still out of stock elsewhere. 

2) I preordered the Razor Crest weeks again from LEGO.com (late July).  Got a message yesterday saying it was out of stock and would ship in a couple of weeks.

SumoLego
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,653
    Bespin Dual is back up for 'Backorder' orders on [email protected]
    bpk2300Lordmoralpanchox1
    Says “sold out” currently here in the US - maybe that had some cancelled orders that went quickly this morning...
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 740
    SumoLego said:
    ...I preordered the Razor Crest weeks ag[o] from LEGO.com (late July).  Got a message yesterday saying it was out of stock...
    Not to sound like a Seinfeld episode, but it appears LEGO missed the concept of a pre-order.
    When you call Lego customer service maybe you could say something along these lines...

“You see, you know how to *take* the preorder, you just don't know how to *hold* the preorder. And that's really the most important part of the preorder: the holding. Anybody can just take them...”
    Contact them throught Twitter, it tends to be easier if you PM them.
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 740
    I am hearing more and more rumors of a UCS a style Mos Eisly Cantina and while I still have yet to buy the 2019 Tantive IV and the 2017 UCS Millennium Falcon I am gonna make some space in my wallet and Lego World for it if it turns something like Diagon Alley with it's details but with the cantina some 64x32 or even in a 32x32 space, I supect it will include the place Luke sold his speeder and a place where a mini Falcon lands but, we shall see....
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,653
    edited September 2020
    Says “sold out” currently here in the US - maybe that had some cancelled orders that went quickly this morning...
    I should have said [email protected] US, that is where I buy from even though I live in Europe most of the time. maybe that is redundant though since it wasn't available anywhere else?
  • hasthesaucehasthesauce MissouriMember Posts: 7
    Can anyone with a red card confirm if Target US currently has Bespin Duel in stock? I don't have a red card so I can't check.

Seeing that Lego.com now has Bespin Duel listed as "Sold Out," I am guessing that it was limited and we aren't getting another chance at it?
  • bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 162
    @hasthesauce I have a RedCard. My Target app shows "Temporarily Out of Stock." On their website, it says "Sold Out." 

Not sure what that all means in Target parlance. 
    If by some chance they are some cancelled or returned orders they might post it for sale again briefly, but I wouldn’t count on it- I suspect this set’s availability has now shifted to the aftermarket...
  • hasthesaucehasthesauce MissouriMember Posts: 7
    If by some chance they are some cancelled or returned orders they might post it for sale again briefly, but I wouldn’t count on it- I suspect this set’s availability has now shifted to the aftermarket...

Yep, unless they decide to make it an unlimited run set due to popularity, I think that is it. If I had known they were going to be limited, I wouldve been on at midnight to get one.
    Lordmoral said:
    I am hearing more and more rumors of a UCS a style Mos Eisly Cantina...
    321  Jamiexx
    Lego_Lord_MayorcaKungFuKenny
    My Bespin Duel showed up today, 8 days “early” :)
    560HeliportKungFuKennySumoLego
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,085
    My Bespin Duel showed up today, 8 days “early” :)
    Complain, complain... ;)
    KungFuKennySumoLegoAstrobricks
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,450
    Lordmoral said:
    Contact them throught Twitter, it tends to be easier if you PM them.
    Yes @KungFuKenny - contact them through Twitter and ask them if they're spongeworthy or still master of their domain.
    KungFuKennygmonkey76BumblepantsSeijiAmasawa
    FWIW, I was at my local LEGO shops (we've got two, locally here in San Diego) and they spoke as if they are expecting Bespin Duel sets to arrive at some point in the near future -- they just don't know when.  To paraphrase, "call us each week to see if it came in that week's shipment".

I'm curous if anyone else has heard similar messaging at their local US Lego stores?
  • jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 175
    I got my Bespin Duel set yesterday. Normally I wait a few days to build, but I couldn't wait. It's a very nice set. The minifigures are awesome.
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 675
    I guess the rumors of the demise of the Master Builder Series were greatly exaggerated.

It's an interesting set. It's playset-y but also kind of not. I really hope there's a better way to get to the inside areas than the open slots in the roof. If it's hinged to swing open, that would be best, maybe, but I can't see any good signs of hinges or gaps. I like the overall look, and the Minifigures are a nice variety and good quantity. It will definitely be on my wishlist. I will hope for a deal like the Black Friday one on BCC though!

I think the reception is going to be mixed, but maybe a little more positive than Betrayal at Cloud City. 
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,506
    Some of the roof is missing?
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,450
    Fauch said:
    Some of the roof is missing?
    You worried it is going to rain?
    560HeliportmattytreksM_Bossstarwars4everGothamConstructionCogmonkey76
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 160
    Most of my sw purchases have been out of boredom the last couple waves. 

But This looks fun & we will definitely buy it. 
    560Heliportgmonkey76
  • Yo_dAYo_dA IndianaMember Posts: 41
    I really hope there is a hinge and the cantina can swing open.  I saw a price of $350 US which seems fair with all the Minfigs included. I missed out on the previous cantina set, so this is a day one purchase for sure.  
    My orders just arrived incredibly quickly from Target.  Can't wait to get this one built and on display!

Looks like you’ve got a Dual Bespin Duel on your hands there...
    560HeliportmattytreksAstrobricksBumblepantsMr_CrossLobotgmonkey76
    Looks like you’ve got a Dual Bespin Duel on your hands there...
    Well played.  Very well played!  But I'd like to think of them as twin Bespin.
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 585
    For those lamenting being unable to recreate the "those aren't the droids you're looking for..." scene due to the absence of a certain LEGO version of a landspeeder that has been a part of LEGO Star Wars since 1999, there seems be an underlying fallacy to their argument: that this is a "UCS Mos Eisley". In fact, this is only the Cantina, wherein the landspeeder played no role other than a brief glimpse as Luke walked away, reflecting on the credits gained from its sale. And they were outside on their way to the docking bay by then. No, for a set glorifying the Cantina and its denizens, it's pretty complete. Obviously, we couldn't have ALL the characters (the Anzati smoking at the bar? The Tonnika Sisters?), but for what this is, I'm glad the designers avoided wasting bricks on yet another Luke Landspeeder. In fact, I feel a bit validated in that my last Mos Eisley-related purchase was the Cantina set from 2014. It was the first to feature the Bith band members of Fig'rin Dan and the Modal Nodes, and it came with Luke's Landspeeder! Now I can combine that, the missing Bith, and some of the ancillary builds to further flesh out my Tatooine street!
    Of course, now that I think about it, a set more representative of Mos Eisley would have more mini-figures, like additional stormtroopers, maybe an ASP droid, and the Prophetess, one of my favorite background characters that the EU evolved into someone of great significance. Appearing for a second or two in "A New Hope" as the Stormtroopers hustle through the alleys of Mos Eisley to reach Docking Bay 94, this woman in a drab red and tan dress seems to stand aside in surprise as the troopers push by her. "Turns out", she is actually Sariss, a Dark Jedi/Dark Side acolyte first seen in the video game "Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2" who, at this point in the timeline, was moonlighting as a "prophetess" honing her skills for other Dark Side Adepts further up the Imperial food chain. Allegedly, she was partially orchestrating the hunt for the missing droids when Vader's troops co-opted the effort, hence her surprise at being pushed aside in the movie.
    It's a ridiculous detail, but one I love to recall every time I see the movie. It beckons to that child-like instinct to wonder at every little thing in "Star Wars" and create little stories in our heads for who these strange and fascinating characters might be.
    BumblepantsvanvonfullJ0rgenmattytreksbrickedinGothamConstructionCopxchris