Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Star Wars Discussion

Comments

• panchox1panchox1 ColoradoMember Posts: 330
    In Star Wars lingo it's called the "refresher".
    KungFuKenny
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,415
    Messing around with the minifigs from my most recent purchase that I got just now.
    Suppose you had a second set, how would you rearrange the Mandalorians to look different from how TLG suggests you (according to the instructions) assemble them?
    Pic with flash on:

And without flash: (there is no natural light at night, so a bit of over- vs. under exposure)
    This ragtag rearranged bunch of Mando's from #75267 does not look too bad, I think.
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,257
    edited March 20
    Rosario Dawson just got cast as Ahsoka for season 2 of Mandolorian!
    bandit778560HeliportpxchrisBrixfan02Jackad7SumoLegobpk2300MaffyD
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,401
     Ahsoka! Ahsoka! Ahsoka!!!
    BumblepantsBrixfan02SumoLego
  • Brixfan02Brixfan02 USAMember Posts: 197
    Rosario Dawson just got cast as Ahsoka for season 2 of Mandolorian!
    yeesssssssssssssssssssssssss
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,547
    Not sure how I feel about that. While I like Ahsoka and the casting, I'm not sure if I like it with the current state of Lucas Films, and the timeline.  
    Yo_dA
    It has been ages since I last saw Rosario Dawson in a film. Lets see .... she was in SinCity way back in 2004 or 2005, and the 25th hour. I am sure I saw other ones with her in it, but those are the only ones that immediately came to mind (might say a lot about me;-P). Lets check IMDB...
    I either forgot or never noticed she did the voice of the Batgirl character the Lego Batman movie: na na na na na na nananananananananana Batman!
    By the way, why exactly is everyone so excited about her?
    Maybe a non-animated Ahsoka will look and be totally lame, and utter cringe, kinda like that blue Twilek woman in the Mandalorian episode with Bill Burr onboard that prison spaceship.
    Why doesn't TLG and Disney team up to do a Lego Star Wars Movie?!?! It can never be worse than that horrible sequel trilogy, as a matter of fact that might be a brilliant opportunity to turn that travesty of a Disney SW trilogy into an epic satire, though they better ask Seth MacFarlane, Trey Parker and Matt Stone to write the story and jokes, and do a bunch of the voices too!
    Jackad7monkeyhangerYo_dAgmonkey76SearchlightRG
    gmonkey76 said:
    Not sure how I feel about that. While I like Ahsoka and the casting, I'm not sure if I like it with the current state of Lucas Films, and the timeline.  
    It makes sense with the timeline and I think Mando is trying to find the Jedi so he can give them The Child... So maybe he finds her?
    560Heliport
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 795
    While I am quite wary of typical Disney Star Wars, Dave Filoni created Ahsoka and shaped The Clone Wars. He and Jon Favreau have an obvious love for the franchise. With him involved in the decision-making, my hopes are very high.
    KungFuKenny560HeliportBumblepantsJackad7SumoLegobpk2300
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,547
    edited March 22
    Not to ruin the end of Rebels for anyone who hasn't seen it, but I think that needs to be wrapped upped first before we see Ahsoka again.
    Brixfan02560HeliportTheBigLegoski
    gmonkey76 said:
    Not to ruin the end of Rebels for anyone who hasn't seen it, but I think that needs to be wrapped upped first before we see Ahsoka again.
    I've heard rumors of a Rebels season 5 this fall but it seems to be nothing more that that... rumors
    560Heliport
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 971

Additional images of #75292 Razor Crest are now available on the LEGO website (link)

I'm looking forward to seeing the boxart - definitely on my shopping list!

MrGudzbandit778BumblepantsTheBigLegoskiMr_Cross
    edited March 23
    Thanks Lobot!
    OK, so no loo onboard.
    Those carbonite slabs are only 2 stub wide bricks. Too bad they did not mould a new carbonite deck, or reuse the existing one with different printing on it. That element will fit into the 8 stud wide cargo hold. Still, it looks like a nice set and is definitely on my wish/shopping list too.
    Interesting to see they took some liberties on the set design and included an escape pod for extra play value for kids.
    I am curious to know if TLG will also produce a set that includes Kuiil the Ugnaught, perhaps a set with a Blurrg animal too?!? Or even better, a set that also includes a mudhorn! It would have made more sense to me to include Kuiil instead of this scout trooper minifig.
    Also I think it is a bit of a shame that Greef Karga does not have any leg printing, and just outright incredibly lazy that Din Djarin is the exact same minifig version of the one included in  #75254      
    I might be mistaken, but somehow I have a hunch that this won't be the last and only version of this ship, and that TLG might make several renditions of this spaceship, including a bigger (preferably still minifig scale) much more detailed 'UCS' set.

Lobot
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,808
    gmonkey76 said:
    Mandalorian is the bright spot.  The movies may have been a trainwreck, but good production, direction and vision yielded great results.
    While I am quite wary of typical Disney Star Wars, Dave Filoni created Ahsoka and shaped The Clone Wars. He and Jon Favreau have an obvious love for the franchise. With him involved in the decision-making, my hopes are very high.
    Yes, yes indeed.
    560HeliportCaptainRogers
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 478
    There are rumors that Sabine Wren will also appear in Season 2. Maybe to explain the Darksaber's appearance?
    560HeliportBrixfan02
    I think The Mandalorian has the potential (and time and space) to go many seasons. And I hope it does!
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,747
    edited March 23
    I hardly know anything about the TV side of SW - it'll be interesting to see how they deal with others like me. I see three main options:
    1. Treat everyone the same as me, and try to minimise the references to TV shows.
    2. Treat everyone as having seen the TV shows, and include overt references to events in them.
    3. Thread the needle to include subtle references that TV fans will notice and appreciate but TV novices will not be confused by.
    3 is preferable from my point of view, but hard to do. Any other options I have missed?
    MaffyD said:
    I hardly know anything about the TV side of SW - it'll be interesting to see how they deal with others like me. I see three main options:
    1. Treat everyone the same as me, and try to minimise the references to TV shows.
    2. Treat everyone as having seen the TV shows, and include overt references to events in them.
    3. Thread the needle to include subtle references that TV fans will notice and appreciate but TV novices will not be confused by.
    3 is preferable from my point of view, but hard to do. Any other options I have missed?
    well they bring in characters from the TV shows and I don't think it confuses anyone...
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,157
    MaffyD said:
    Any other options I have missed?
    4. Base all the marketing around the fact that there's a Strong Female Character, prove her strength by making all male characters idiots and fire all the competent writers as a compelling story is no longer needed because Strong Female Character is enough.
    gmonkey76TheBigLegoskimonkeyhangerSumoLegoCaptainRogers
    As long as the characters are consistent, I would presume they assume that a new fan would look for older content with that character.

Mandalorian fans that may not know Ahsoka may want to watch Clone Wars for the backstory.  Or Rebels for mid-story.
    KungFuKennyBrixfan02bandit778
    Or all of them because... Star Wars!
    bandit778panchox1Yo_dA
  • bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 124
    501st Battle Pack is real! https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/501st-legion-clone-troopers-75280

Color me surprised. 
    KungFuKennyMr_Cross
    bpk2300 said:
    501st Battle Pack is real! https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/501st-legion-clone-troopers-75280

Color me surprised. 
    Should have announced it on the first for the stir it would cause. Is it a joke or isn't it?!
    Mr_Crossbpk2300KungFuKennyJackad7gmonkey76SumoLego

Boxart of the new Mandalorian sets has just been uploaded onto the LEGO website:

@CapnRex101

gmonkey76KungFuKennyMrGudz
  • Waterjedi17Waterjedi17 Member Posts: 50
    piece counts for August sets have leaked thanks to Promobricks and ChildishLandino on Instagram

75280 $30 501st Legion Clone Troopers (285 pcs)
    75281 $30 Anakin’s Jedi Interceptor (248 pcs, Anakin,R2 ?)
    75283 $40 AAT (286 pcs, blue version)
    75284 $70 Night Buzzard (595 pcs; 2 Knights of Ren, Rey)
    75286 $80 Grievous Starfighter (487 pcs; Tan Grievous, Obi-Wan, & Orange Clone Trooper)
    75288 $160 AT-AT (1267 pcs, 6 minifigures)
    75291 $100 (775 pcs)
    TheBigLegoskiKungFuKennyblakusdkMCNwakeboard
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,159
    edited April 16
    I noticed on the main page on the left hand side an image that was added to the database of set #75275 which is finally a UCS A-Wing. 

I sincerely hope this is an actual set and that Lego won't pull the rug out from under us with it. It will probably be a day 1 purchase for me because it's my favorite starfighter from the Star Wars universe.

Edit: The press release has just been  posted to the main page. I'm really excited to purchase this set.
    Lobot

That looks incredible - definitely one for my collection!

Hopefully we'll get a decent promo on May 4th... I could be tempted to buy it at RRP! 

• SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 446
    It's an absolutely stunning set, cannot wait to get my hands on it. Can only hope for a decent promo to accompany it.
  • Gruff666Gruff666 United KingdomMember Posts: 206
    Apparently the promo is a death star 2 battle set

Designer video:

MrGudzstluxbandit778
  • MrGudzMrGudz U.KMember Posts: 196
    The box artwork looks stunning!
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,157
    I couldn't tell what was new about the A-wing pilot, so I compared him to the one released in 2013 and the one in 2017 (also in the 4+ set in 2019). Nothing worth getting too excited about. 2013, 2017, 2020 from left to right.

KungFuKennyFireheartgmonkey76
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,830
    That A-wing looks nicely done, but I’m having trouble getting excited about it. The designer video helps a bit.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,835
    I feel like this is a set that you will get if you have the X, Y and B wing to complete the set. But it will struggle with the regular public as I think it is very overpriced and not super exciting. 
    KungFuKennygmonkey76Jackad7
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 569
    I like it, as it’s different to anything else, which is what a UCS Star Wars slot should be each time, no more of the repeat every 5-10 years of the same merry go round ships. I’m a happy LEGO fan with this... and bring on more UCS slots with new ships / designs. 
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,747
    Sorry to be slightly negative here, but I'm worried that I'll notice three things a bit too much: the cockpit looks a little too high up, the transition on the sides from those 10x3 wedges to the rest of the ship appears to have a gap in it, and of course those anti-studs on the tail fins.
    But I'm hopeful that when I see it in the brick all those issues will just disappear... just like the money in my wallet will do.
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 269
    I like it. But it won't help me complete my UCS fleet. I still need an X-Wing and a B-Wing rerelease.

In fact, it's been quite a while since any B-Wing has been available. I do have the original, but it's very crude by current standards. Lego should definitely fix that by doing another UCS version! It's one of the coolest looking ships, IMO.
    bpk2300
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,430
    Looks a bit mediocre to me, some noticeable gaps and stair stepping effects.
    I have an observation/question that may have been previously answered - but is there a reason why there is no ANH-inspired 20th Anniversary mini-build?

(Hoth and Endor are great - but no Tatooine?)
    gmonkey76autolycusRedbullgivesuwind
    SumoLego said:
    I have an observation/question that may have been previously answered - but is there a reason why there is no ANH-inspired 20th Anniversary mini-build?

(Hoth and Endor are great - but no Tatooine?)
    Feels like a big miss to not have done this one as Death Star I trench run with X-wing and Vader TIE. Didn't even need to have them IN the trench. Just have them floating above a base that's 2 studs thick and a trench that's 1 stud thick.
    SumoLego
    They went with II to put in the A-wing in and TIE into the UCS set
    autolycusSumoLego
    edited April 21
    They went with II to put in the A-wing in and TIE into the UCS set
    I'm sure that's right, so now I'll just hope they continue this line until they've got 1 set from each of the 9 movies!

Although now that's 2 from ROTJ, which means I really want 18 total! I'll bet there are easily enough good scenes from each movie for 2 per, right?
    BumblepantsSumoLego
    I'd just be happy with anything with a 20th Anniversary badge on it.  The completionist in me is having a fit.
    It's no longer the 20th Anniversary though, so it doesn't make sense to release anything new now.
    Astrobricks
  • bpk2300bpk2300 Florida Member Posts: 124
    ^Appears that the badge on the new GWP mini-build says "Star Wars 2020" and not 20th Anniversary. I'm guessing that answers the question that these mini-builds are not constricted to 2019 only.

@ autolycus I'd love to see two sets per year of these! So many possibilities. 
    autolycus
    OK, here's my first crack at a list of 2 scenes from each movie that could be made into decent sets like we've gotten so far (stacked bricks as the base of a nano-scale diorama):

Ep1: Podrace (duh!); Gungans vs. Droid army on Naboo

Ep2: Kamino; Slave I vs. Obi Wan dogfight? Or maybe the Coruscant chase from the opening?

Ep3: Battle of Geonosis; Arena on Geonosis?

Ep4: Tatooine (speeder and sandcrawler?); Trench Run

Ep5: Hoth (already have this one); Cloud City or Dagobah (X-wing in swamp, hut)

Ep6: Endor; DS2 (both already covered)

Ep7: pick any 2 of Jakku, Takodana, and Starkiller

Ep8: Battle of Krait; ... uggg... Canto Bight? or maybe the space battle at the start, with the Siege Dreadnaught as the base, and X-Wing and Resistance Bomber as the ships above?

Ep9: Exegol; Pasaana or Kajimi?

So a couple films are tough to get 2 good ones from, but I think most of these could work.
    BumblepantsMaffyD
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,835
    ^ For Ep8 they should change the dimensions, style and badge just because.
    SumoLego560HeliportMaffyD
    SMC said:
    Yeah, I'll just wait until the actual 20th anniversary to buy those mini-builds. And by 'buy' I mean 'ignore'.
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
    SumoLego said:
    SMC said:
    Yeah, I'll just wait until the actual 20th anniversary to buy those mini-builds. And by 'buy' I mean 'ignore'.
    Ah but then we will all be staunch "original 9ers' and bemoaning whatever is currently new in Star Wars. Much like how prequel hatred morphed into sequel hatred 20 years later.
    autolycus560HeliportMatt89190KungFuKennybpk2300SumoLegoCaptainRogersMaffyD
    @bumblepants isn't wrong.
    SumoLego