Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Star Wars Discussion

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,351
    edited November 2019
    I guess I shouldn't have acused him of being a troll after all.
    In your defense, your family member is actually a troll.  Literally.
    Cousin Carl, who is always an 'I told you so' kinda guy.
    VorpalRyu
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,399
    SumoLego said:
    LOL, selling Batman to Marvel. That is hilarious.
    Is it?  What would happen to Moon Knight?
    I never heard of this 149th all time popular superhero, who I now know is a rip-off Batman clone from Marvel. Honestly there is soo much I do not know about DC and Marvel comics. Anyway, to me as someone who loved comics when I was younger, but now hardly ever still reads any, Batman was/is DC! Sure they have plenty of other superheroes, but beyond Superman and Batman none of these have the same fame, recognition, and appeal.
    It is like saying Mercedes-Benz bought Porsche from Volkswagen, or tomorrow the sun will be rising in the west, and so Japan will therefore change its flag from a red circle on a white background to an orange half circle on a blue background.
    VorpalRyu down under is acquainted with a bunch of funny geezers.
    ----------
    On topic! Really weird that Lego has not released any Mandalorian SW Lego sets, or will be doing so shortly. OK one Mandalorian battlepack, which I hope will only contain generic Mandalorians not the unnamed hero himself. But really?!? I want at least just one big proper Mandalorian set, like a UCS proper The Razor Crest spaceship with full interior and all important characters that somehow had direct dealings with it as minifigs! 
    I don't know what to make of this one At-ST walker!?!
    Sure it doesn't look bad, but why? How is it relevant to the TV-series? Thus far that vehicle has not even appeared on the show. It is very similar to #75153 released as a Rogue One set. But when it does, or perhaps even if it does, as it is not the first time TLG released a SW set that did not even appear in the film (remember the FO snow landspeeder with ice troopers!?!) it will probably just be in one or a couple of scenes.

edited November 2019
    ...I want at least just one big proper Mandalorian set, like a UCS proper The Razor Crest spaceship with full interior and all important characters that somehow had direct dealings with it as minifigs!  
    I endorse this comment.  Hopefully, this show is popular enough to grab the attention of the LEGO Marketing folks.  Even a couple of hastily put together sets for release in conjunction with season two would make me very happy.  IG-11, certain other characters in zero-gravity pods, and Carl Weathers in minifigure form.  
    What the heck is going on with the formatting on these posts?!?  Am I the only one seeing this? 
    autolycusBumblepantsTheBigLegoskiLordmoral
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 157
    Carl Weathers in minifig form should result in someone doing an Ideas project for a buildable Predator.
    BumblepantsSumoLego
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,036
    autolycus said:
    Carl Weathers in minifig form should result in someone doing an Ideas project for a buildable Predator.
    Or as an acting coach for Tobias Fugate. "Baby you got a stew going!"
    SumoLego
    Not to mention a Chubbs Peterson w/crocodile and golf club, and a red/white/blue set of boxing trunks with matching top hat.
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76KungFuKennyYo_dALego_Lord_Mayorca
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,281
    SumoLego said:
    LOL, selling Batman to Marvel. That is hilarious.
    Is it?  What would happen to Moon Knight?
    I never heard of this 149th all time popular superhero, who I now know is a rip-off Batman clone from Marvel. Honestly there is soo much I do not know about DC and Marvel comics. Anyway, to me as someone who loved comics when I was younger, but now hardly ever still reads any, Batman was/is DC! Sure they have plenty of other superheroes, but beyond Superman and Batman none of these have the same fame, recognition, and appeal.
    It is like saying Mercedes-Benz bought Porsche from Volkswagen, or tomorrow the sun will be rising in the west, and so Japan will therefore change its flag from a red circle on a white background to an orange half circle on a blue background.
    VorpalRyu down under is acquainted with a bunch of funny geezers.
    Barry is a bit of a larrikin, it's just a bit of jest, but when he did the Batman one, my brother was 9 years old at the time (he's 7 years younger than me) & he got a bit riled up, Barry kept at for almost an hour before saying, "yeah, DC owes a lot of money after Superman accidentally crashed into the Whitehouse, even Batman didn't have the money to pay for the rebuild..." cue Barry laughing his head off as my brother stormed off to his room.
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 718
    edited November 2019
    SumoLego said:
    Not to mention a Chubbs Peterson w/crocodile and golf club, and a red/white/blue set of boxing trunks with matching top hat.
    Complete with a wooden hand...
    On another note, the spend threshold for the Obi Wan polybag has been released.

Looks like it could stack with the gingerbread house promo also...
    gmonkey76The_RancorFireheartJezzatheshedSumoLegoBaby_YodaLordmoral
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 846
    I hope that’s not a ‘US only’ promo. SW fans have to wait until 12th December (or 6th June in the screengrab above) but that’s not too bad if the shipping closer to Xmas is fine.
  • jnscoelhojnscoelho PortugalMember Posts: 436
    Didn't you mean 6th December (or 12th of June)? :D
    The_RancorAstrobricks
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 846
    ^ Yes haha the dates have driven me round the bend
    KungFuKennyjnscoelho
  • panchox1panchox1 ColoradoMember Posts: 159
    it is not the first time TLG released a SW set that did not even appear in the film (remember the FO snow landspeeder with ice troopers!?!)

That set was based on a scene that was shot but cut from The Force Awakens. 
    KungFuKenny
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 985
    Actually, the FO snowspeeder was shown for about one second from a distance.
    panchox1SumoLegoKungFuKennyBumblepantsgmonkey76Baby_Yodaalldarker
    Actually, the FO snowspeeder was shown for about one second from a distance.
    About the same amount of screen time as the B-Wing in RotJ.
    KungFuKennygmonkey76Baby_Yoda
    And less than the Quadjumper in TFA.
    Baby_Yoda
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 1,041
    And less than the Quadjumper in TFA.
    I thought I spotted a quad jumper in episode 3 of The Mandalorian.
    SumoLegoGothamConstructionCo
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,653
    "Oh, they fly now..." "They fly now?" "They fly now!"
    SumoLegoLordmoral
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,638
    MaffyD said:
    They jump, no?
    SumoLegoLordmoral
    MaffyD said:
    They jump, no?
    Four times, only.
    AstrobricksKungFuKennyBaby_YodaLordmoralMynatt
    You've got it all wrong: Quadjumpers are used in open areas between buildings, typically on college campuses, etc.
    AstrobricksKungFuKennySumoLegoBumblepantsLordmoral
  • LordmoralLordmoral Puerto RicoMember Posts: 388
    Lordmoral said:
    Hello, I know we already have an ISD set but I wonder if we could get a non UCS set based on RoS (I am gonna sideline the figures so hard if they are ST). 
    ROS meaning episode III or IX ?  (I know it is ROtS but still :-) )

On a different note I finally put away Halloween and BH builds and did a little more work on my Monarch ISD... I’m enjoying the build immensely but it is already getting pretty heavy - I may have to finish the build “in situ” because I may not be able to move it very well after!  I’m thinking about a wooden display base that would allow 2 people to move it without risk of catastrophe...

Sorry to have kept you waiting but I meant Return of Skywalker as there are a good number of ISD there for LEGO to just pass up (sadly they have a few give hints that make them Sequel Trilogy material like those red makings and minifigures). I cpuld always Bricklink the set as well a few others BEFORE LEGO drops their hammer. I am also observing the 2020 sets revealed and only two are of iinterest of me: Mandalorian BP (need x2 of that) and Ben Hut which for May 4 I will mix with: Raider AT-ST and maybe Death Star Cannon. We shall see if any Jedi Fallen Order sets area announced (Tie Reaper (x3 Purge Troopers, Ninth Sister) , The Mantis (Cal Kestis, Cere, the pilot, the Nighsister, Second Sister, Bogling and BD-1), Zeta Class Shuttle (Imp pilot, Storm Trooper, x1 Partisan and Saw Guerrera)). 
    KungFuKenny
  • Blockwork_OrangeBlockwork_Orange ON, CanadaMember Posts: 13
    The Quadjumper gets a fair bit of screen time in the Freemaker Adventures cartoons. 
    560HeliportLordmoral
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 377
    Having fun opening the last two years of Star Wars advent calendars at the same time

2017 started strongest for me with rebels builds. The land speeder is cute though. Not sure what the ship on day 3 of 2018 is. Something from the prequels I think. 

2017 stumbled with the gun. It’s not bad for what it is, but the tank in 2018 is better. 

Minfigs are a draw so far. 

2017 wins days 1, 3
    2018 wins day 4
    days 2 and 5 are a draw

2017 wins round 1

omniumFowlerBricks
    Not sure what the ship on day 3 of 2018 is. Something from the prequels I think. 

It's #75186 The Arrowhead from The Freemaker Adventures.
    Addicted2Oxygen
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 377
    @Brainslugged ah that is why I did not recognise it. Not seen that yet and paid no attention to the sets
    SumoLego
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 528
    If anyone is interested and not wanting to spend £40 @LEGO currently, ebay: 114005252370 LEGO 30624 Obi Wan Kenobi 20 year poly bag, 7 left. I just got 2 @£10 each, from making an offer...

For me it was good, as I’m not wanting anything from Lego at the moment, and didn’t want to see stock runout after the new year, waiting for anything new to come out to warrant a purchase. 

KungFuKenny
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 223
    So I’ve been holding off buying the UCS Y-Wing until there’s been a sale (May 4th, Force Friday, Black Friday) but a trip to the LEGO store yesterday and I discovered it had been EOL’d! A quick check on the LEGO website confirmed it was no longer available in my region. Fortunately a quick check of other retailers meant I was able to reserve one for pick up and for a 20% discount. Just required a 100km round trip. If anyone asks I’m calling it an early Christmas present to me.
    Day 10. Time to compare the last 5 days

Day 6 brought the FO troop transport and cloud city. I like the transport and this mini version is great. Cloud city is probably as good as it can be at this scale. The technic bracket is a clever use for the cloud car. Transport wins. 

Day 7 brought a FO trooper without a blaster. Oh no, that does not bode well for day 8. And a naboo starfighter. Tough call today. Normally mini figures would win easily, but the trooper is very common and has no blaster. The ship can be swooshed

Day 8. Sigh. A weapons rack. 2018 wins by default. The droid is welcome, unlike the trooper I do not have a ton of these, only a few from the 90s!

Day 9. Rays speeder. Yes! This is so cute and a lovely build. And in the other calendar some other ship ...... * goes to look up last year’s calendar spam * ... oh it’s general grievious’ ship. Did not remember him having one. Ought to watch the clone wars series again. Ship is a bit meh, not iconic. Ray’s speeder wins. 

Day 10. A mini figure of that character that came in ray’s speeder set that I don’t remember seeing in the film. Nice. And, oh no, 2018 fumbles it with a gun with a stud shooter. Ick. Minifig wins. 

Scores are:
    2017: 3
    2018: 2

2017 wins round 2

Will 2018 do better in the next round? Find out in 5 days (or look up what was in the calendars for the last 2 years)

Also, I only just noticed that the layout of the days is exactly the same for both years. I have spent the last 10 days hunting for the number on each calendar separately. Doh!
    vanvonfull
    Day 15. Time to compare the last 5 days and bore everyone some more :D

Day 11 brings us the luggabeast and Freemaker kid. The luggabeast is a nice build especially at this scale. Sadly I think it stumbles at the final hurdle due to the different leg lengths. At this scale they should be the same size. It just sits wrong as it is. 
    Freemaker kid I don’t care about, but the parts are good.
    Tough call but freemaker kid wins. Just. He can be repurposed as a background character in a MOC.

As an aside, did it bother anyone else that when BB8 was captured in the net by teedo, and ray rescues him, Teedo, just leaves the net. Surely on such a desolate planet where scavenging is life or death you would not just abandon a good quality net. 

Day 12. A mini MilF and Anakin’s starfighter. Both fun little builds. A draw.

I don’t think the MilF is an improvement on the previous one. Just a different interpretation. I like different aspects of both builds. New one has more details, but feels too chunky compared to previous one. 

Day 13. Meh. Snowspeeder thing that effectively was not in force awakens and troop transport from rebels. Ok builds, just not particularly interesting craft. Draw. 

Day 14. Snowtrooper and a gun rack. Looks like it will be a gun rack and a figure tomorrow then. Trooper wins. Love the helmets on these and the flametroopers 

Day 15. Oh no. Oh no. A gun rack would have be preferred. But instead it is a festive snow blower that belongs in the city calendar. If I wanted winter village accessories I would buy the city calendar. I want laser swords and blasters that go pew pew.  
    2018 delivers on its promise. Gun rack yesterday rewards us with a death trooper today. Another cool figure that we did not get many of.  Trooper wins.

i am tempted to deduct a point from the 2017 calendar for that snow blower.  

2017 - 1 win, 2 losses, 2 draws
    2018 - 2 wins, 1 loss, 2 draws

2018 wins round 3
    omnium
    ^ I always thought a smooth top on a Millennium Falcon mini-builds was a cheat.  The system-scale Falcon with the smooth top pieces is the worst iteration - hands-down.  (#7190)

It's not remotely smooth!
    ^ But the #7190 at least had the cockpit in the right place (2:00 or so, compared to all the others' 1:30) and more accurate mandibles- IMO, anyway. But this year's version is the best.
    SumoLego
    I think the Razor Crest moved up to only slightly behind the Serenity and Bessie on my list of 'I need this spaceship!'.

Just past the Eagle 5, Enterprise D and the Excelsior.

LEGO - make this ship!  And a UCS to boot!
    TheBigLegoskiBumblepantsMaffyD560Heliport
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,003
    @SumoLego
    What, something like this?

Not mine, saw this here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/jhaelego/
    The shot next to the UCS Slave 1 gives a good indicator to the size of this.
    TheBigLegoskiomniumAddicted2Oxygen560HeliportKungFuKennyLordmoralJackad7FowlerBricks
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 866
    Seriously - Razor Crest, with a Baby Yoda minifig, and LEGO can just print all the money they want for 2020.  
    SumoLegoBaby_YodaLordmoral560HeliportSearchlightRG
    Looking forward to joining in this discussion in April. 

So much Star Wars stuff I am trying and failing to avoid at the moment
    SumoLego
    bandit778 said:
    @SumoLego
    What, something like this?

Not shiny enough.  And doesn't have a sea monster attached to it...
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,638
    Careful about spoilers :)
    MaffyDjohnhenz
  • KaitchKaitch N. IrelandMember Posts: 384
    Is giving a general opinion on TRoS acceptable? Or is that too spoiler-y?
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 767
    ^Maybe start a new topic and put "possible spoilers" in the title just to make sure.  
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 157
    My preference would be no discussion of the movie for at least a week. Expectations are a weird thing, and even fairly bland reviews can really color how someone feels about a movie. I’m already annoyed by some of the review headlines I’ve seen from major publications.
    dmcc0KungFuKennyBumblepantsBaby_YodaSumoLego
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,399
    This thread is specifically about collecting SW Lego sets, and discussing these in all manners first and foremost. Not that this has ever kept anyone from going off-topic, but the best thing to do, I think is, go to the Off-topic section and create a new topic there where everyone can share his/her opinion on this film, since that has little or nothing to do with Lego.
    ps.
    I can't blame anyone discussing the SW Lego sets here chucking in the occasional spoiler, as it may be unavoidable discussing why set X, Y, Z are true or not to the source material etc. But that is just my take on it. 
    SumoLegogmonkey76datsunrobbie
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,653
    I got spoilered by a Lego set, but I didn't mind - was having too much fun watching. I'll not talk about the film in this thread for a while though...
    MaffyD said:
    I got spoilered by a Lego set, but I didn't mind - was having too much fun watching. I'll not talk about the film in this thread for a while though...
    I made a thread in off-topic. Not had a chance to put my views down yet.
  • panchox1panchox1 ColoradoMember Posts: 159
    MaffyD said:
    Which set? I want to avoid it until tomorrow night.
  • OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 310
    I'm not seeing the film until December 31st and quite frankly would appreciate avoiding any spoilers until then. I'm already ignoring most things I can, though I suspect Youtube will ruin things for me if the stupid algorithm shoves some video in my recommended feed. I may need to avoid that like the plague. *SIGH* Everyone has to talk about it NOW as soon as they see it, and they can't just limit it to friends they have offline who have seen it, but everyone in the world needs to hear their gripes, complains or praise of anything and everything from the mundane to the latest movie. Our world has become way too open.
    560HeliportAddicted2Oxygen
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,852
    Without spoiling it...Who here has seen the new film and rates it great, but was also not a fan of Ep8?

If it's more of the same as per Ep8 then I'll give it a miss.
    KungFuKenny
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,805
    ^According to a lot of the reviews I have seen it plays it very safe. It is like they have listened to all the feedback about TLJ and then overcorrected back the other way. 
    monkeyhanger
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,502
    I've heard it was a dumpster fire, and if you still believe rotten tomatoes it's rated worse than TLJ the last time I looked.
    Jackad7
  • KaitchKaitch N. IrelandMember Posts: 384
    I saw a triple bill culminating in a midnight showing of TROS on Wednesday. You do notice things seeing it like that. Gonna mosey over to Off-Topic to talk about it, but I'm willing to answer specific questions in specific ways if you want to message me. If you're trying to decide whether or not to prioritise going to see it or whatever.
    SMCKungFuKenny