Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

General Star Wars Discussion

Comments

• catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,853
    Yeah, you'd think they'd be depleted after Christmas, if it had turned out to be the kind of whiz-bang Christmas seller for kids that it'd need to be after the AFOL market disliked it so much...
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 223
    Think it's too expensive for kids and too meh for adults. Will be interesting to see what the final sales tally is like for it.
    Jackad7
    Hopefully it'll put them off doing that kind of thing under the UCS banner again. I'm not a Star Wars completist and even I think it's ridiculous.
  • CliqChrisCliqChris Ellsworth, MaineMember Posts: 14
    edited January 2017
    Maybe this has been posted somewhere else, but I couldn't find it.   When are the new 2017 sets going to be available in the US?
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,345
    CliqChris said:
    Maybe this has been posted somewhere else, but I couldn't find it.   When are the new 2017 sets going to be available in the US?
    March, for the 294874rd time. I've seen this question so many times! :(
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    It's quite satisfying that some sets are already available in the UK.

lol
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 446
    CM4S said:
    CliqChris said:
    It does get asked daily on Reddit.
    CM4SPenkid11
  • CliqChrisCliqChris Ellsworth, MaineMember Posts: 14
    CM4S said:
    CliqChris said:

Thank you! As a casual visitor of these forums sometimes they move so fast I can't keep up.
    dspigelLEGO_Dad77josekalel
    Thinking of getting a FA set. What's the best best out of Kylo Ren's shuttle (nice figs, slightly ugly rendition), or the new resistance blue X-wing (it's another x wing).. 

thoughts? Can get the x wing for £55 and shuttle for about £68. 
    Any ideas for more never-made LEGO SW sets? That contest and my Scarif tower makes me wanna make more.. I mainly like making location playsets so if you guys have any ideas.. !
    ^ Bantha. 
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,535
    @CM4S what about the bases on Umbara seen in the clone wars? I'd say clone wars and Rebels have a lot of bases and locations for possible building.
    @CM4S what about the bases on Umbara seen in the clone wars? I'd say clone wars and Rebels have a lot of bases and locations for possible building.
    Not Clone Wars I barely ever watched that. I have been playing the game recently cause it's been sitting in my Steam library but I don't know any of the episodes.
  • GremerGremer The Commonwealth of VirginiaMember Posts: 183
    CM4S said:
    Any ideas for more never-made LEGO SW sets? That contest and my Scarif tower makes me wanna make more.. I mainly like making location playsets so if you guys have any ideas.. !
    The battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin vs. Dooku from the beginning of Ep. 3 could be cool.
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 971
    richo said:
    Thinking of getting a FA set. What's the best best out of Kylo Ren's shuttle (nice figs, slightly ugly rendition), or the new resistance blue X-wing (it's another x wing).. 

I haven't built Kylo Ren's shuttle but I've parted-out several.  It's a decent weight with lots of larger parts, and good value at anything below £70.  The new X-Wing does look good though and I'm almost tempted to grab one myself! 
  • starwars4everstarwars4ever The Forest Moon of EndorMember Posts: 481
    edited January 2017
    @CM4S Ever since I saw Rogue One I wanted the Black Scarif Tower (which you did) and the stolen 4 winged Imperial Shuttle to be made in Lego form. Maybe you could do that next?
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 809
    richo said:

Having built a few x-wings already now, I preferred the shuttle.
    I might be wrong on this, but do NONE of the Star Wars minifigures use dual molded arms or legs? Why? 
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,466
    not only star wars. taking a look at my collection, only CMFs, scooby doo and super heroes minifigs have dual molding.
  • FireheartFireheart Suffolk, UKMember Posts: 594
    UK: #75159 Death Star is no longer a Lego exclusive.. And Smyths are now stocking them as a exclusive @£409.99
    Lets hope for a nice price cut in the sale months from Smyths..
    catwrangler
    edited January 2017
    I'm just gonna clear something up because it's killing me not being able to respond on EB and I don't wanna see people get confused anymore 

75179 is an Episode 8 set. 
    kezSMCSumoLego
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,876
    ^ Don't worry I will tell them, oh wait I am banned too.
    kezCM4S
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,909
    Not to sound dumb, but why would EB ban someone that has frequently provided accurate information?
    CM4S
  • DEAD1974DEAD1974 Dark Side Member Posts: 23
    CM4S said:
    I'm just gonna clear something up because it's killing me not being able to respond on EB and I don't wanna see people get confused anymore 

75179 is an Episode 8 set. 
    its already there
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 809
    How is it an episode 8 set?
    omnium said:
    How is it an episode 8 set?
    Because it's in the smack middle of the EP 8 range. 
  • GremerGremer The Commonwealth of VirginiaMember Posts: 183
    SumoLego said:
    Not to sound dumb, but why would EB ban someone that has frequently provided accurate information?
    I'm not going to pretend to know why Sci was banned, but, from my perspective, it seems like the moderators are ban-happy. I've seen quite a few people having to 'Take A Break' (their term for suspension), and quite a few respected members among them, just for having one off-topic post.

Anyhoo, my interest in the Rebel Hangar just dropped. No Bail or Jan Dodonna, which would have been selling points for me.
    CM4SSumoLego
    ^ Well, that seems silly!
    MynattCM4S
  • BenduBendu StarWarsInterviews.comMember Posts: 1
    SumoLego said:
    Because the mods are from North Korea. I got a temporary ban 2 weeks ago because I (as a reply to someone who claimed Rogue One did better financially than the prequels) posted that Episode I made more money than Rogue One. O, I also replied to a question (why doesn't CM4Sci doesn't post anymore) with the answer he's banned.

The first was considered offtopic (which is a HUGE crime over there) and the second is absolutely not done (I was told only the mods can speak about bans!)

GremerCM4SJackad7
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,308
    Bendu said:
    SumoLego said:
    Because the mods are from North Korea. I got a temporary ban 2 weeks ago because I (as a reply to someone who claimed Rogue One did better financially than the prequels) posted that Episode I made more money than Rogue One. O, I also replied to a question (why doesn't CM4Sci doesn't post anymore) with the answer he's banned.

The first was considered offtopic (which is a HUGE crime over there) and the second is absolutely not done (I was told only the mods can speak about bans!)

Are the mods also mods on the Halo forums? Sounds like it... Do they ban people for "necroposting" too? I was going to join EB, but hearing all the issues with the place, I'm happy to stick with this place & a few FB groups (even a couple of them can a bit iffy at times).
    CM4Sjosekalel
    @David on EB, you'll see what I mean when the list is out.

Yeah I didn't mean to start an anti-EB mod rally here.. I'll explain all that stuff on my Flickr at some point. Sorry.

Anyway, back to Star Wars!

I love Krennic's Imperial Shuttle. I got it last week and I really enjoy it.
    gmonkey76
    krennic's shuttle is my new favourite lego spaceship. and I thought the haloween x-wing was impressive.
    (obviously I don't own any UCS)
  • DEAD1974DEAD1974 Dark Side Member Posts: 23
    is there a possibility that they also bring back The Cloud City??? Since they are bringing back the Vaders Transformation, probably the UCS Millenium Falcon.
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,392
    Not really lego SW news but General SW news none the less. And the new film will be called... - http://www.starwars.com/news/the-official-title-for-star-wars-episode-viii-revealed
    xwingpilotjames.sparhamLobot
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    edited January 2017
    Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-official-title-for-star-wars-episode-viii-revealed

Edit: @monkey_roo you beat me to it by seconds!
    Switchfoot55james.sparhamstarwars4ever
    ^ technically I didn't actually post the name so maybe not first.

i am instantly drawn to the name though, purveys a sense of urgency and importance, like there is real drama in this one. Although this isn't the first Star Wars story to use that name, I there was a book a few years back and an entire serise of books called Last of the Jedi, which is very close, not sure if a graphic novel has used it or not.

its a long 12 months now though :)
    catwrangler
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,853
    My initial reaction to the name wasn't very positive. However, the more I've let it simmer, the more I'm finding myself intrigued and interested. 

As long as it's not "Yoda hiding on Degobah" the last Jedi (...or Luke on Ahch-To...), and more "I'm going to destroy the dark side" the last Jedi, then it should be fine. 
    Exciting!! I can't wait for what the sets will look like.. and the branding - what do you think it'll be, Luke?
    I hope they use Rey, she's clearly the last Jedi and it would be great to have a female character driving the branding. Just for giggles I Looked at the character branding used since 95:

Darth Vader: 4
    Darth Maul: 2
    Obi-Wan (shared with Vader): 1
    Random pair of hands: 2
    Uninspiring alliance logo: 1
    nothing: 5
    Clone trooper: 3
    Yoda: 1
    r2-d2: 1
    stormtrooper: 3
    kylo Wren: 1

Ignoring the non-images in the middle, that's 7 Sith Lords, 2 Jedi's, 1 Droid and 6 Troopes (3 PF each side). Or 10 Dark Side and 6 Light Side... they do like to use the dark side in branding it seems... Wonder what that says about marketeers?

CM4Scatwrangler77ncaachamps
    I'm hoping it's Rey too. I'm going to try not to speculate too much and just have fun with it when I see it, but the thought of it referring to Rey is very compelling after the ending of TFA...
    Should be sweating a trailer by March. 
    wasn't the last jedi like the whole theme of the original trilogy? well, there was yoda too, not that he fought a lot.
    pharmjodflord
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    Keep in mind Jedi is both singular and plural.
    catwranglerBumblepants
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,876

^

But if you think of it as plural it doesn't work as well.

The last knight

The last knights

It doesn't sound right does it, it would need to be the last of the knights. 

• TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,418
    'The Last jedi'       really....       seriously....    *sigh*
    Okay, what is in a title?!
    So we will see Luke Skywalker, who is the last Jedi, take on Yoda's role in TESB, and train Rey become the latest Jedi.

Every disadvantage has got its advantage and vice versa, it can't get any worse than ep.VII (the lousiest SW film of the entire series IMO). I will be pleasantly surprised if it story-wise will somehow still turn out to be only just half as epic as Rogue One is.

Well as long as TLG is allowed to design a bunch of beautiful, cool, and interesting SW Lego sets based on the latest instalment, I will most likely still be happy enough. Poe's X-Wing is a wonderful ep.VII set, and so are other TFA Lego sets. TFA stormtrooper uniforms etc. look great, and the minifigs do too. I just hope that somehow the writers have written a better script and story for this episode, and that it will be better directed etc. than ep.VII TFA was.
    VorpalRyu
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,285
    I am more interested in the fact that the 'Star Wars' logo is red on the poster, reflecting the designs from Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith. The title itself tells us very little as it could be singular or plural, as @binaryeye says.
    CM4SbluedragonJackad7
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    It's FINN, y'all.

FINN. The Last Jedi.
    CM4S
    I think: Episode VIII, The Last Jedi of a Previous Generation Teaching a New Generation of Force-Sensitive Beings to Be More Pragmatic Heroes to Stand Up to Petulant Sith-ish Villains that are Internally Conflicted with their Clearly Poor Choices Based in Fear and Ignorance...

...is a bit wordy.  And probably too descriptive.

And how did Maz get Anakin's lightsaber?  That's the sequel to Rogue One.  

Obi-Wan's Chest and Anakin's Lightsaber: A Love Story.
    pharmjodBumblepantsstluxGoldchainsomniumcatwranglerMynatt77ncaachamps
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,911
    @sumolego That's one of the more random things you've posted here and that's saying something =)
    CM4SSumoLegoBumblepants
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,570
    I am more interested in the fact that the 'Star Wars' logo is red on the poster, reflecting the designs from Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith.