Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Names for the next wave of Minecraft sets

2»

Comments

• PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,473
    I was told about a little while ago that the worth of the Minecraft range to TLG is already about one and a half times that of the entire range of D2C exclusives.

I suspect LEGO Minecraft will be sticking around for the foreseeable future.
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,107
    Wow. It is interesting then that the perception from many people on this, and other, forums is that the theme is not successful.
    If this is true, it will be interesting to see where they take it over the next couple of waves.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    I initially disliked the theme because it was so different from typical System sets. But I've grown to like it, in part, because of that. I like that it's a "boy" theme that is focused on locations rather than vehicles. I like that the style is relatively easy to duplicate without very specialized parts. I like that the scale is a bit larger than typical System sets. Mostly I like it because it's different than other minifigure-scale themes, which are beginning to feel formulaic.
  • Lego_Nerd98Lego_Nerd98 Fort Worth, Texas, USAMember Posts: 235
    @77ncaachamps @JudgeChuck I don't really care what the name of the theme is, if it has as many wonderful bricks that Lego Minecraft has. Lots of transparent blue, green, and orange bricks, along with clear bricks; those are just a few of the many colorful system bricks that come so rarely with modern Lego sets.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,473
    It is interesting then that the perception from many people on this, and other, forums is that the theme is not successful.
    I suspect that's because they have no interest in it, so 'how can it possibly be a success?' - exactly the same flawed reasoning that greeted the Friends line a few years ago, and we all know how that turned out.
    Amanda1983
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    @77ncaachamps @JudgeChuck I don't really care what the name of the theme is, if it has as many wonderful bricks that Lego Minecraft has. Lots of transparent blue, green, and orange bricks, along with clear bricks; those are just a few of the many colorful system bricks that come so rarely with modern Lego sets.
    And that's the beautiful part of Lego: sets appeal to fans of that set, those who want pieces for their MOCs, etc.
  • Lego_Nerd98Lego_Nerd98 Fort Worth, Texas, USAMember Posts: 235
    And that's the beautiful part of Lego: sets appeal to fans of that set, those who want pieces for their MOCs, etc.
    Yes! And, you don't have to be a fan of the set or the series to enjoy the parts. I have actually never played Minecraft...but I still enjoy my Lego Minecraft parts!
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,107
    Certainly part of the appeal of the Minecraft sets to me is that it does rely on more simple bricks and less "formed" pieces, which is how I remember the LEGO of my childhood, which was a *long* time ago. ;-)
    Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the modulars and other modern themes, such as TLM and Ninjago, but it seems like a "purer" LEGO, if I can say that, in some ways, but with, as @Lego_Nerd98 says, some great, modern, but not garish, brick colours.
    Anyway, has anyone seen any pics of the 2016 sets? Any rumours? I've been trawling the net, but not come up with anything yet.