Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Why no Amazon FR entry for 7189 Mill Village Raid?

MrBerreMrBerre Member Posts: 246
edited November 2011 in Brickset.com
I was looking at the prices of http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7189-1 to compare to the Pixmania offer, and I noticed there is no Amazon FR entry in the "Buy" tab for this set. The set also doesn't appear on http://www.brickset.com/buy/FR/Amazon/ .

Which is a shame, because the set is currently a mere €45: http://www.amazon.fr/Lego-Kingdoms-Construction-LAttaque-Village/dp/B004MKNK38/ .

Are there other sets missing? Perhaps there could be a page that displays an overview of sets that are available on some but not all Amazons (perhaps limiting this to European ones, since the US market seems quite different).

Comments

• drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,258
    Not sure why the set isn't showing on the list as it's certainly not 'missing' from the Bargain Watch database; occasionally the system times out during an update, and I assume that's what happened here, in which case this set should hopefully appear during the next update.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,258
    The set still isn't listed as of this a.m. so we'll look into it....
  • EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    Thanks MrBerre, made my first Amazon purchase just now due to this thread. :D
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,450
    There's something strange going on with the French data sweep: it runs four times a day and twice a day it runs just fine but, since 13th Nov, on the other two (at 2am and 2pm server time) it stops after about 70-80 pages which means this set isn't being reached.

I suspect if we check later, after 8am server time (1pm local) it'll be shown. At the moment only data from the latest sweep is used to show availability, so even if it was found 6 hours earlier it won't be shown in the list.

Now sure what if anything I can do about it, presumably it's timing out for some reason, but I will see if the query can be tweaked to display it from the last time it was picked up. All other Amazon sweeps are fine.
    Right now, the list is empty for me...
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,450
    Just done a manual import, that'll be why, but having done so MVR is now shown in it.
  • MrBerreMrBerre Member Posts: 246
    Thanks MrBerre, made my first Amazon purchase just now due to this thread. :D
    Excellent! ;-) They had 9 in stock when I ordered (according to the page), now they're down to 4.

My MVR will arrive on Tuesday, can't wait.
    Glad I got in when I did, I would have been devastated if I missed out.
    I'm in Australia, so my wait is considerably longer... :/