Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Amazing Similarities between LEGO City Sets

LegoMosesLegoMoses IndonesiaMember Posts: 9
edited September 2015 in Everything else LEGO
Hi, my name is Moses and I like to explore everything about LEGO including LEGO(R) City sets. I often explore Brickset.com for LEGO(R) City sets. I usually explore LEGO(R) City sets from the years of the first release of the sets till the latest year of the set release. And sometimes I found similarities between those sets. For example, the set 60081 (Pickup Tow Truck) and the set 60097 (City Square) got similarities between the vehicles. The pickup tow truck and the flat bed truck got similar stickers decorations and the bricks colors variations that are made up of green and white. Even those vehicles got different model, the similarities found between the decorations, bricks colors variations and the function-to transport broken vehicles to the service station.

Right here are the pictures of those vehicles and their decorations...

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,489
    Welcome Moses. 

It's good to see some continuity in designs and colours, probably as a result of the same designer working on the sets.

BTW, there's no need to add (R) after LEGO :)
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,324
    edited September 2015

I had different auto services stickers (or printed, don't remember). think the truck was red.

there http://brickset.com/sets/6670-1/Rescue-Rig

• The_Mad_VulcanThe_Mad_Vulcan SeattleMember Posts: 162
    I think that is intentional, allowing a collector to build a whole towing business.

Most towing companies run two types of trucks, the flatbed and the more traditional one. So having both build available is key. Now you just need to build the even bigger tow truck used to tow other tow trucks (and city buses). 
    tedwardmadforLEGOkiki180703LegoMosesMynattVorpalRyu
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,391
    edited September 2015
    I think that is intentional, allowing a collector to build a whole towing business.

Most towing companies run two types of trucks, the flatbed and the more traditional one. So having both build available is key. Now you just need to build the even bigger tow truck used to tow other tow trucks (and city buses). 
    Exactly. It is no different than Fire and Police. In a towing business,  I believe you have to use a flat bed truck to transport 4x4 Vehicles. So, you would need different types of tow vehicles to tow different types of automobiles. 
    VorpalRyu
  • LegoMosesLegoMoses IndonesiaMember Posts: 9

Thanks for your suggestion. That was really inspiring me! I'll build it and maybe I will post it in this forum..
  • LegoMosesLegoMoses IndonesiaMember Posts: 9
    Fauch said:

I had different auto services stickers (or printed, don't remember). think the truck was red.

there http://brickset.com/sets/6670-1/Rescue-Rig

Well that was from LEGO System. And it's actually the different type of Auto Service...