Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Mixels Series 5 Building Competition?

AidypieAidypie Member Posts: 15
Will there be a Mixels Series 5 competition? I've really enjoyed the last four and wanted to know if one was in the works.

Comments

• Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    edited September 2015
    I think the momentum from the Mixels is done.  I used to have a hard time finding them on the shelves, now I see them discounted every where.  They seem to be running out of ideas and repeating stuff, like the fire tribe.  They were pretty cool and we loved the building competitions, but really the latest series hasn't enthused my son and I much.  We are more into the new Series 14 CMF's, Ninjago, and SW.  I think I bought one of the last series.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,357
    That was pretty much our view too. The novelty has worn off although they are still very cool sets.
  • pirropirro UKMember Posts: 26
    That's a shame.  There were some really good entries, and I liked the sense of community it generated.  It felt like anyone could have a go and have a chance of winning or getting a mention at least.  I didn't feel it had run its course yet.  Thanks for doing it.
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,779
    I was wondering if the competition would come up as well. That's what's got me interested in the mixels and was looking forward to it. It was one of the first things I noticed here when I came out of my dark ages about a year ago. But I guess if you've been around longer it might have lost its value :-)

Waw, a year, and so many sets, auch, if I keep going at this rate I'll need an extension to my house....
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    We don't need Huw to run the competition.  There have already been some friendly building contests run in the forums just in the 18 months I've been here.
  • AidypieAidypie Member Posts: 15
    Definitely true that it's a bit of a shame that we won't be seeing some of the incredible builds (especially with the steampunk sets!) but still understandable.