Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Batman Tumbler (76023)

Hey everyone,

I recently discovered there was a little boy on the street over from me that was recently diagnosed with leukemia. I am trying to take the burden off of his family buy purchasing a birthday present for him. His father told me he would really like the Lego Batman Tumbler because Batman was his favorite superhero. I am reaching out to all of you to see if anyone would be willing to donate anything or if anyone potentially has an extra Tumbler that they would be willing to donate. Any kind of help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Perhaps you could build him a Christ the Redeemer statue.
    Bumblepantskiki180703
  • juggles7juggles7 United StatesMember Posts: 452
    Please be aware this is a challenging build, recommended for ages 16 and up.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 946
    I have set #30300 The Batman Tumbler I can send you.
    SumoLegokiki180703
  • Tarheel16Tarheel16 LegoMember Posts: 42
    @TheLoneTensor is that really needed? This is not very funny considering the fact that this is actually happening... I realize that it is a challenging set and he would have help building the set.
    Thanks to @1265 for the mini Batman Tumbler. Any kind of donations (monetary or lego) is greatly appreciated.
  • kmckmc the desertMember Posts: 13
    edited September 2015

Tarheel16 said:
    @TheLoneTensor is that really needed? This is not very funny considering the fact that this is actually happening... I realize that it is a challenging set and he would have help building the set.

Who's being funny?  Leukemia is serious.  I just thought it would have been cool if you gave it to him for his birthday is all.
    @TheLoneTensor Wow, maybe instead of making fun of someone's illness, you should try to help them...
    edited September 2015
    I wasn't aware that I was making fun of someone's illness.  Like I wrote before, leukemia is serious.

Btw, would it be possible for you to give the identity of this child, or perhaps, if there has been a trust or fund that has been setup for him/her, the name of that organization?  This would make it easier for those that may wish to directly help this person.  Plus, it would save you the hassle of being the middleman just handling the money and/or Tumbler.
  • rd1899rd1899 U.S.A.Member Posts: 146
    As of right now nothing has been set up, but I will contact the parents about doing such. Thanks for the suggestion @rd1899.
    diodrama
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    All illnesses are serious, especially involving children. But (and I really hate to be that guy) there are also people out there that can lie about anything and keep donations for themselves. I'm not saying you are doing that, but that is where a trust or something other than asking for free LEGO may make it more legitimate in the eyes of the giver.

I wish this child well. They will be in our thoughts.
    Thanks @Sethro3