Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

4000016-1: Billund Airport; Availibility

MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 598
I searched for this discussion and although I did see Destination Billund 2015 as an existing topic, I do not know if it belongs there, however if it does, please move it.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows if the Billund Airport set is still available for sale there and/or if they have the Lego House available for sale there as well?

Thanks!

Comments

• iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,053
    edited September 2015
    Well, the Airport was certainly available a couple of weeks ago. Bearing in mind it is a limited run it could of course run out at any time.

I'd have thought the Lego House is safe though. They sell them in a lot of Billund shops, some restaurants and hotels. As the building works doesn't finish for a long while I'd guess they'll continue to be sold for quite some time.

Are you planning a visit to Denmark?
    Mynatt
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 598
    iso3200 said:
    Well, the Airport was certainly available a couple of weeks ago. Bearing in mind it is a limited run it could of course run out at any time.

I'd have thought the Lego House is safe though. They sell them in a lot of Billund shops, some restaurants and hotels. As the building works doesn't finish for a long while I'd guess they'll continue to be sold for quite some time.

Are you planning a visit to Denmark?
    I wish... However I do have a friend who lives in Denmark who will be flying out of there to the US in the next few weeks and I was going to ask if by any possibility he could pick them up. He leaves at 6 am though so I don't know if any of the shops will be open, but I'm hoping.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,804
    edited September 2015
    The airport shops open daily at 4am and remain open until the last flight has departed at night.   :)
    Mynatt
  • aldreddaldredd United KingdomMember Posts: 203
    Worth noting that you can't get the Lego House set in the airport, only in the shops in the town.
    CommanderRaabMynatt
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    Good point! It is a bit strange that you have to go into town to pick up the LEGO house, but the set was made to compensate local Billund merchants for dealing with the big mess of construction during the building of the LEGO House. Neither of these two sets is very large, but they do have enormous significance for those who have ties to or have visited Billund. Good luck getting these two sets!
    legogal said:
    Good point! It is a bit strange that you have to go into town to pick up the LEGO house, but the set was made to compensate local Billund merchants for dealing with the big mess of construction during the building of the LEGO House. br>
    I believe it is for that very reason they want you to head into the town, to provide the shops with a little extra income for the inconvenience of the build.
    ^ Exactly - so selling in the airport would certainly be self-defeating. (And is the same reason you can't buy it in the park either)

And besides, it's a lovely town to walk around anyway, so no loss on that front!
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,278
    I stayed at the Zleep Hotel next to the airport (about a three minute walk) and they had them there as well.
    hkcrazy88
  • Tarheel16Tarheel16 LegoMember Posts: 42
    I am looking for the airport/house as well. If you are able to get your contact to pick up an extra of either or both please feel free to pm me. 
    All this Billund talk is making me want to make another trip out there!
    Wonder if I could pass it off to the wife as a work trip.....
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,278
    ^^ the bonus of getting the set in the bakery is that you can get a delicious (and reletively inexpensive) meal! 
    kiki180703Legoboy
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,456
    I think they still sell Willis Buildings in Chicago - even though the set has been retired.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,053
    @Mynatt - just a thought (and forgive me if I'm stating the obvious) but you're friend will need to be flying from Billund Airport and not Copenhagen. I know there are more direct flights to the USA from Copenhagen airport - just wanted to make sure this had been factored in to your masterplan!
    LegoboyMynatt
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 598
    Sadly he has already departed and I missed my chance, it wasn't a set I was tumbling head over heels for but would have nevertheless been cool to have.

Thank you so much for your help though! (And that goes for everyone!)
  • BlockFromSwedenBlockFromSweden Gothenburg, 276 km from BillundMember Posts: 6
    SumoLego said:
    I think they still sell Willis Buildings in Chicago - even though the set has been retired.
    Yes they do, or did a month ago, but it costs 30 dollars which is very expensive per piece