Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Brickfilm: Batman Vs Pirates

yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
edited November 2011 in Everything else LEGO
Well thought I'd share my latest video with you guys. It's kind of a funny story, I filmed it as an entry to the Lego Superhero contest after seeing one of the last months winners, to me it looked like a 12 year old did it, as did many of the other film entries, so I thought to myself, "I could make a better film than that!" Well 4 or so days later (it was a rushed last minute entry) I had my completed project and thought to myself...wow it looks like a 12 year old made this haha. Stop-motion is very hard! Props to people and kids who do it!

Nevertheless I was pretty proud of my video, I've heard complaints from my friend and girlfriend that they found it a little confusing and hard to follow whats going on, so I thought I'd share it with all of you and see what you think?

Comments

• kempo81kempo81 Wiltshire, UKMember Posts: 961
    haha!! love it :o) found it pretty easy to follow i have to say, and love the classic music towards the end!! lol
  • JasenJasen Member Posts: 283
    ...wow it looks like a 12 year old made this haha. Stop-motion is very hard! Props to people and kids who do it!
    ....so I thought I'd share it with all of you and see what you think?
    First of all.... thanks :D haha (I'm only about 1yr ahead of you - you'll get there with practise and persistence :D)

Second, I got it. Obviously the camera was shaky, props moved etc but I fully appreciate what you are doing. Keep it up the more you make the better you get :D

• yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    @kempo81 thanks! I personally still crack up when batman pops out and the music starts haha

@Jasen Yea I didn't really have a "set" just kinda put two small sets on a base plate. I need to set a stage like you have with you lego city. I'm also still using a camera on tripod then importing the pics to WMM, a pretty horrible way of filming lol. I like the whole webcam straight to a program like monkeyjam (the action scene was filmed that way) that way the camera isn't really shaking cause your just clicking the "enter" key.

thanks for the input guys! glad you enjoyed it
  • JasenJasen Member Posts: 283
    Hey I still use WMM alot, it's pretty good for free hey? :D I use Flash if I'm adding FX now tho but still rely heavily on WMM. As for Monkeyjam, well - it has jam in the title so it does. haha. Well for me anyway but it's great because as you say - you don't need to touch the camera :)