Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Compatible Hot Wheels Cars

AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,489
Hi all.

I'm not sure if it has been noted or discussed but, there are two Hot Wheels cars that allow the attachment of minifigures.

They are called 'Fig Rig' & 'Lets Go'.

On the back of the card is a small picture showing where figures can attach.

There is no official affiliation with LEGO, still quite cool though as a collector of both toys.

Comments

• AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,489
    CupIsHalfEmptyjesiroseRonyarkiki180703LegoKipchuckp
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    Are those the standard size hot wheels, the 1:64 scale, or slightly bigger?
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    Are these newly released?
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 272
    edited August 2015
    They can be found in the regular assortment of $1 Hot Wheels cars.
    The Fig Rig (right in the picture above) was first released in 2013. There are 6 versions available (3 designs with 2 colors options for each).
    Let's Go (left) was introduced in 2014 has 3 versions available with a 4th coming soon.

Hot wheels Wiki:
    Fig Rig
    Let's Go

• ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
    Pretty cool....crazy world, Hot Wheels gets the product to market for a $1, and Lego gets it to market for $4! :)
    AllBrick
  • ravendragonwingravendragonwing Member Posts: 187
    I have 2 extra green Fig Rigs if anyone wants to trade. Looking for red Let's Go, blue Fig Rig (both styles).
    AllBrick
    edited September 2015
    This is very interesting. LEGO bricks can also be added to the hood of the fig rig. It's weird that Hot Wheels made a car that is compatible with LEGO but has no affiliation with LEGO. 

Now I want one. :smiley: 
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ My assumption is because they made it compatible not with LEGO, but with multiple interlocking brick-type toys.
    AllBrick
  • solid_stridersolid_strider TexasMember Posts: 209
    They're pretty cool. This is an old picture, but I picked up the white Let's GO, the fourth version, a few weeks ago.

AllBrick
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,262
    Hot Wheels is owned by Mattel, who also now owns Mega Bloks.
    AllBrickPDelahanty
    What's really eating at me is that I work in a retail store that occasionally gets waves of Hot Wheels cars and I wonder if I have ever actually put these out unknowingly. 
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 272
    This is very interesting. LEGO bricks can also be added to the hood of the fig rig. It's weird that Hot Wheels made a car that is compatible with LEGO but has no affiliation with LEGO. 

Now I want one. :smiley: 

The word LEGO does not appear on the packaging anywhere, partly because Mattel owns a direct competitor.
    Unless you are looking for the older designs, these aren't too difficult to find as they aren't sought after by HW collectors & resellers. They are mostly concerned with Treasure Hunts and pop culture stuff like the BTTF Delorean.
    AllBrick
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 201

Hot Wheels has "Bricking Trails" new for 2022 Compatible with Mattel brand Mega Construx and LEGO.

AllBrick
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,326
    edited June 10

I guess they didn't hear you the first time.... THESE ARE MADE FOR MEGA BLOKS... 🙄
    PDelahanty
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,262
    And I am fine with that. :) I collect these types of Hot Wheels cars too. I try to buy one of each compatible vehicle.
    Switchfoot55dehnehsuMarshallmarioMynattAllBrick
  • AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,489
    edited June 15
    Istokg said:

I guess they didn't hear you the first time.... THESE ARE MADE FOR MEGA BLOKS... 🙄
    They called one car Let’s Go. 
    A sneaky nod to Denmark.  

Heres a link to all of the “Ride On” HWs. 
    https://hotwheels.fandom.com/wiki/HW_Ride-Ons

I like the Minecart, perfect for a Steve or Skeleton and Mattel has no rights to Minecraft so it seems it’s specifically for the Lego items. 

I think Let’s Go was a regular Treasure Hunt this or last year. 

• MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,237
    Aldi has the opposite in it at the minute: megabloks cars with hot wheels branding. Very peculiar.
    AllBrick
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,163
    I thought Aldi’s thing was not carrying anything branded. 🤔
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 405
    The "Special Buy" section always has random name-brand items from week to week, but when it's gone, it's gone.
    Astrobricks
  • bookmumbookmum londonMember Posts: 1,390
    @MaffyD Hot Wheels and Megablocks are both Mattel. You can get Megablocks Barbie sets at the moment. Also seen in Lidl. Or Aldi. I never remember which is which.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,237
    @bookmum - yeah, Aldi had a Barbie mega bloks car as well. Quite cute, if you're after that kind of thing.
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,331
    The "Special Buy" section always has random name-brand items from week to week, but when it's gone, it's gone.
    In other words, as soon as you become aware that something desirable might be in the centre aisle, it’s already gone. I find that the only chance of getting some of the bigger name items is just being lucky enough to be there when they’ve filled out the stock (and perhaps not even advertised it fully yet).
    WesterBricks