Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Pirate Chess 40158 marked down to $49.79 on [email protected]

BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
Not sure if it's on its way out already or not, but a decent price still. Any good freebies available right now? Would have liked to have gotten the pirate set earlier this month.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Chess-Set-40158?ShipTo=US&_requestid=1159098

(pretty sure that's the Brickset affiliate link)

pharmjodmadforLEGOyys4u

Comments

• leetshoeleetshoe USAMember Posts: 252
    only freebie now is the star wars poster that requires SW purchase. But on the 1st there will be the tractor freebie. l'll probably order one of these if it's still that price on the 1st
    BuriedinBricks
  • 3stackshs3stackshs Member Posts: 294
    Does Lego end their prices with specific numbers based on sale, clearance etc? There is nothing else on sale right now besides pirates that ends in .79.  It also doesn't seem like they put much on sale at shop at home that isn't retiring...is this the end for the chess set already?
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 659
    I stopped by a store yesterday and the placard said the price is in effect through September 26th(?). 
  • thedingman5thedingman5 Great Lakes, USAMember Posts: 238
    If they are on a 4-4-5 weekly retail calendar, that's a Saturday and could make sense.  Anyone now if they have staggered accounting periods in this way?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,356
    I really am debating about if should I get one of these as it appears to be far better than the Kingdom chess set that was released previously , but I think I'll hold off and see if the Halloween set appears online (as I cannot make it to my local store and I do not want to pay shipping for a 10 USD set).
  • NatebwNatebw Tampa BayMember Posts: 339
    Oh, man. I have been tempted to get a Chess set. My only issue is that I just can't bring myself to play chess with sets that totally different pieces for each side. Too difficult for my kids and I to keep track of. 

Looks cool, though. 

• thecleatorthecleator Member Posts: 70
    Would this price be the same in store as well
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,382
    @thecleator yes, I bought one today. Are you living near a store now?
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    GIR3691 said:
    I stopped by a store yesterday and the placard said the price is in effect through September 26th(?). 
    Good to know. I'll be at a store later this month and will check it out then.

I'm kind of split on having his. I mainly want it to part out and have a new pirate fig army. I realize he quality is a little lower on these, but it still seems like a good deal for he price. Tons of useful parts in this as well with the board being completely brick-built.
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,443
    edited September 2015
    Bought one at full price when it first came out. Don't really play chess, but how they have a single stud in the middle of the squares I could see someone with fat fingers knocking over the pieces. It is a good parts pack. The only problem is the soliders don't have hats, backpacks, epilates, and the pirates have the same two torsos.
    yys4u
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 256
    I was able to order hats from Lego for my chess set/army builder. Unfortunately Lego no longer has the hats in stock. 
    It is a great parts pack. Lots of good plate
    ...and back to full price...
    ...and back on sale...
    CupIsHalfEmptyprevere