Halloween Arrived Early!

LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
edited August 2015 in Shopping USA/Canada
Woohoo!
I found Series 14 and the autumn seasonal set at my Lego store this evening.
They'd just arrived today, so pure luck on my part. Happy, happy, happy.
LEGO Seasonal Trick or Treat 40122
LEGO Seasonal Trick or Treat 40122
ShibCaptainClutchCoraHarrisonLego_Star

Comments

• LegoTTLegoTT Member Posts: 479
    Nice!  I'll be hitting up my Lego store to check it out this evening. Really want to find some Series 14 Minifigs!  Been checking Targets religiously for the past week. 
  • herbyderbyherbyderby CaliforniaMember Posts: 55
    My Lego store (Hillsdale) also had Halloween and CMF 14, plus the Louvre.
  • koozkooz Connecticut, USAMember Posts: 158
    I like this.  Halloween finally getting the attention it deserves!
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    but i want to have Sept free gift  decision time!!!!!
  • LegoKipLegoKip A cottage by the sea, California, US Member Posts: 259
    @bsiu922 ;
    My advice is to buy the Halloween set when you see it, because these seasonal sets sell quickly.
    It's only 1/5th the cost of what you need to spend to qualify for the tractor promo. Finding another $10 worth of items to replace it towards your September purchases should be a snap. Or just do a one fell swoop of $50 spent -- e.g. a complete set of Series 14 or a Wall-e (please be released to Lego B&M for September!) will clear the threshold purchase with ease.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    thanks for the advice.  I already ran over to lego store and pick it up already,  i called ahead and they said they have about 60 in stock, not sure if it can last thru next Wed since i will drive my boys to do the Monthly mini build!

Besides,  i need to get a bunch of S14 anyway
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Local Lego Store has ONE PER HOUSEHOLD for the Halloween set as well as Big Bang Theory and the new Ferrari (?)
    My local Lego store had many more copies of the Halloween set compared to the past couple of seasonal items of 2015. Hopefully there will be enough to go around
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,332
    Got the Halloween set today. While I don't think its as inspired as the last two it is still nice and fits in well with the other two sets so far. Trying to figure out a nice way to have a rotating display (maybe in my classroom) for the year.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    Lego Store employee showed me left over Christmas stuff and a new holiday piece ball (light blue with snowflake designs on a trans clear ball).

Was told to just ask and they may be purchased.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,834
    I saw that new holiday ball ornament at LEGOLAND California last weekend.
  • jaitheartistjaitheartist Member Posts: 30
    I stopped by a Lego store today and didn't see the Halloween sets out, so I asked an employee and they had them in back and got me one. They were already sold out of CMF series 14 and had just put them out a few days prior. When I got to register the clerk informed me they also had Advent Calendars in the back that weren't out yet, so had to get the City one, I know they go fast. So it was end of August, and I bought a Halloween set and a Christmas set, go figure.  B)
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,349
    I stopped by a Lego store today and didn't see the Halloween sets out, so I asked an employee and they had them in back and got me one. They were already sold out of CMF series 14 and had just put them out a few days prior. When I got to register the clerk informed me they also had Advent Calendars in the back that weren't out yet, so had to get the City one, I know they go fast. So it was end of August, and I bought a Halloween set and a Christmas set, go figure.  B)
    I would say be patient about Series 14, LEGO stores typically get a few shipments of them, and if they run out Im guessing we will see these everywhere from Walgreens/Five Below to the LEGO stores (in the US anyway)
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,875
    edited September 2015
    TRU where I am was still stocking series 12 occassionally as recently as 4 months ago and series 13 less than a month ago. I suspect series 14 will do the same thing there.
    I do wonder about the longevity of Series 14- it's listed with a seasonal tag on [email protected] US.  I can't imagine the Zombie minifigures flying off the shelves around Christmas, but who knows...
  • MilcheaxMilcheax Member Posts: 52
    LegoTT said:
    I do wonder about the longevity of Series 14- it's listed with a seasonal tag on [email protected] US.  I can't imagine the Zombie minifigures flying off the shelves around Christmas, but who knows...

My fiancee and I are both more into Halloween than Christmas.

Half of our "Christmas" lights last year were orange and purple :)

I'd rather have the Monsterfigs than another round of Winterfigs popping up on my display case.
    gmonkey76
    Haha fair enough. I'm still shocked at the popularity. Albeit, this is my first CMF release to watch as a newly converted AFOL. 

Local Lego Store got 4 cases in yesterday, stopped by this afternoon and they were all gone! 
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,950
    The popularity is probably due to 
    a) great monsters to go with Scooby-Doo
    b) kids often like cool monsters
    c) if you have any sort of Halloween display, these are must haves
    d) a fun, cheap little thing for Halloween

I bought plenty for our display...more than any recent CMF purchase.
    gmonkey76
    I think it is popular because it is not a Simpsons release, so you figure that many have been waiting for 'regular' figures for a while. Couple that with the first release of the series (Pretty sure 13 was the same way, hard to find for the first week or so, then everywhere). Halloween may have something to do with it, then again it is not for about 2 months. Scooby doo possibly, but I think the main drivers are it is a new CMF set, and one that is not Simpsons.
    Also, the #40122 Halloween Seasonal set is now available via [email protected] US
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    Also, the #40122 Halloween Seasonal set is now available via [email protected] US
    I just can't get over what a poor decision that torso is for the little girl dressed as a witch.  I think this set is an easy skip unless you are a die-hard collector.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,875
    edited September 2015
    I agree about the torso @mathew. For some reason it is a very off putting torso for me. I think it is because of the waist and hips implied. Seems a little too "grown up" for what I assume is supposed to be a little girl.  
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,950
    It depends on how you look at it. My biggest argument is why on earth a witch hat with a princess top and pants??

I do not see the top itself as the issue. While one may see cinched waist, the actually look on a kid is supposed to be normal waist/full skirt and I presume that was the thought...princess top.  If you look at something like this disney costume below, the full skirt bottom is what gives the impression of a cinched waist, when it is not that at all. It is just a very classic princess dress style that is out there.
    http://www.disneystore.com/cinderella-deluxe-costume-for-kids-live-action-film/mp/1381771/1000395/

The problem is that particular lego top, just absolutely fails with the pants and witch hat.