Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Bought 70164 Hurricane Heist for $35.00

happyskunkyhappyskunky Michigan Member Posts: 133
Seemed like too good of a deal to pass up. Got this at Wal*Mart 1/2 off. I hope this was a good deal :-D

Comments

• Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 720
    It's a decent deal.  To be sure next time use bricklink, go to catalog then price guide.
  • happyskunkyhappyskunky Michigan Member Posts: 133
    Thanks! Didn't know about that
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,351
    I see online it is at 55.99 USD
    Is this a normal price reduction or did you just happen to find these at your local Walmart for this price?

• Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    I found a handful at my local Walmarts back in March at that price. I haven't seen it for sale since. From what I can tell, if you are buying Agents sets, if you are paying MSRP, you're paying too much. I have the entire first wave at half off and half the second wave at half off, minus the newest summer sets (is that a third wave then?)
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Shouldn't this be in another thread?
    BACbrixkiki180703TheLoneSumoCCColdtodd33
  • BACbrixBACbrix AmericaMember Posts: 655
    Yeah this is the second useless thread this person has made in one week.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,351
    Well not to belittle someone who just joined, I will say that those who are new should check for existing threads that this could fall into, otherwise you get a ton of threads that are relevant for about 2% of the viewing populous or are only good for a day or two.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 944
    BACbrix said:
    Yeah this is the second useless thread this person has made in one week.
    Ahhhh....give him a break.  He's probably active in the world of Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and all that other nonsense social media garbage and just doesn't know better.
    BACbrix
    what a bunch of assholes on this forum

Got excited about Lego, was happy I found these forums. Thoght I would have a nice time then get treated like shit by the members
  • DedgeckoDedgecko Seattle, WAMember Posts: 799
    Well that escalated quickly...

Simply lurk more and post less.  Learn what's acceptable on the forum, and where the appropriate topics belong.  Acting like a child does not improve your situation.  If I'm not mistaken there are rules/guidelines to follow.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    My thoughts on the original post (since I expect it was designed to solicit the opinions of others about the set/deal itself: for $35, it's an okay set. The build isn't too complicated, and it looks interesting and works well when assembled. Is $35 a good deal? Sure, if you're just buying one to build for yourself. It's not what I'd consider a good investment if you're holding for resale, as other sets in the line are more interesting and have also been available through multiple outlets at good discounts.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited August 2015
    How about you guys let the admins take care of posting rules or just message them and make them aware of it. Let them do the policing.
    How about you let the community help out the admins by gauging and self-governing itself in these kinds of situations, instead of always running to the admins, or think they scour every single thread everywhere.  Do you think they want to deal with this crap all the time?  There were a couple casual and non-inflammatory suggestions, and a couple that were less so.  Welcome to planet Earth.
    kiki180703BACbrixTheLoneSumoCCCAndor1265MasterBeefy
  • TheLoneSumoCCCTheLoneSumoCCC NoMember Posts: 12
    I'm new and I understand that posts like these are clutter and not of any particular importance. This is not your fist mistake. Strike two. Next strike you are banished to the woodland realm. 
  • LegoVirusLegoVirus Member Posts: 9
    what a bunch of assholes on this forum

Did you mean "AFOLs"?
    kiki180703bobabricksSumoLego
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,394
    edited August 2015
    And who decided that someone should be you? That's why there are admins.

There are a few people on here who make it their alleged duty to be condescending to new users and it really creates an unfriendly atmosphere. It isn't necessary.

Daraghkiki180703EKSamBOBJACK_JACKBOByys4u
  • wrangler6915wrangler6915 USA - Lincoln NEMember Posts: 500
    ^spot on
  • TheLoneSumoCCCTheLoneSumoCCC NoMember Posts: 12
    @Bosstone100 If we want to be harsh we can. For example I think your opinion is stupid.
  • Corwin12Corwin12 Member Posts: 30

There are a few people on here who make it their alleged duty to be condescending to new users and it really creates an unfriendly atmosphere. It isn't necessary.

Seconded. 
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 794
    This forum can be incredibly toxic at times.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    @LoneSumo You seem like a decent fellow. But Brickset is not like other forums or boards where members flame each other on the regular. Why be harsh to one another when it's not necessary? We welcome you and all other new Bricksetters alike. Let's all be cool.
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    My brick is bigger than your brick :o
    Yodaliciouskiki180703SumoLego
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    To the original
    poster (and to hopefully calm the crowd), I think you got a good deal. Kudos. Saw it at TRU yesterday for full price. 
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,258
    OK, I think this one's more than run its course....

As some have remarked, threads like this tend to be of questionable value and interest to the majority of members and as such the staff have a relatively low threshold for closing them down as I'm doing now. That having been said, it doesn't give people carte blanche to start insulting each other so keep it civil please.
    Coolguy5000oldtodd33kiki180703MasterBeefyBOBJACK_JACKBOB
This discussion has been closed.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.