Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Lightning Lad

Comments

• brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020

@SlapNuts It still shows up as a free gift if you add $50 of stuff in your cart: 
    SlapNuts
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,500
    edited November 2015
    Just checked now actually, and for me both sites seem to have them in stock:
    This site URL (seems to be the International one) seems to have them available now: http://intl.target.com/p/lego-25-piece-building-toy-set/-/A-49153007?clkid=46837940N6a226b54371254377b335357&lnm=81938&afid=Skimbit+Ltd.&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002

Same with the US site: http://www.target.com/p/lego-25-piece-building-toy-set/-/A-49153007#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=49153007?clkid=46837940N6a226b54371254377b335357&lnm=81938&afid=The+Brick+Fan&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002

Unless I am missing something or my location is what is allowing them to be seen, I dunno.

SlapNutskiki180703
  • SlapNutsSlapNuts Triad NC, USAMember Posts: 40
    Thanks for checking! It's back in stock now. That was weird for sure. Got my two :)
  • flightlessbirdflightlessbird Member Posts: 13
    Has anyone still got space in their orders?
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,530
    Not available  for Ireland 
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,452
    I still have 3 left. 
    flightlessbird
    Ok, all gone now. 
  • LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
    Still need someone to buy 2 cubes from (I'm living in Ireland), if someone can help me out that'd be amazing. :)
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 326
    Did you use ship to store or home?
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,179
    Shipped to home, but also bought a few other small sets to get it free.
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 632
    vwong19 said:
    must be close to where they shipped it from
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    vwong19 said:

Thats odd. I didn't have to buy anything else to receive free shipping and I only ordered one cube. Of course the 20% off promo was still working when I ordered so maybe there was a glitch with shipping at the same time. This makes more sense now I guess - I couldn't figure out why people were choosing to ship to store when at home shipping was faster and free (for me at least). I received my cube yesterday. 
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,179
    I just realized he has lighting eyes!
    77ncaachampsCircleKkiki180703
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ I believe free shipping was "standard" for this set, or so it said in the now-gone description.  I did not use the 20% off coupon and still got free shipping on mine.
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 769
    edited November 2015
    The face for the City fig is new, yeah? Lightning Lad's eyebrows remind me of Thranduil, haha. This cube set's pretty great.
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 578
    I had hoped that the cube would have a cape that uses the new cape fabric, alas it is not and we witness once again that it is crumpled.
  • novicebuilder101novicebuilder101 Member Posts: 130
    Has that version of Kai been in any other sets? It looks like a new chest print or am I mistaken?
  • MrJ_NYMrJ_NY A flick missle away from Brickagara FallsMember Posts: 592
    Mine should arrive Saturday/home,free shipping was indeed standard
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,827
    Has that version of Kai been in any other sets? It looks like a new chest print or am I mistaken?
    All four figs are brand-new. Kai has new torso, leg, and even face printing (he now has a smile and no longer has the scar over his eye, making this figure's face more accurate to the TV series).

This armored version of Kai is meant to represent the costume he wore in Episode 34 "The Titanium Ninja" (like the Zane and Lloyd minifigures in #70728). In the show, he didn't have printed legs, but I like that they included them as a bonus — if you want to make him show-accurate it's incredibly easy to swap the legs for unprinted ones.

Likewise, the Sir Fangar minifigure is the healed/non-zombified version from (I believe) the Legends of Chima series finale. Regular sets only include the "undead" version.
    novicebuilder101
    I should have done this sooner but just darn busy at work.  I have on my list to ship to the U.K @flightlessbird, @GothamConstructionCo, @adiemc, @magri and @jondesouzaCE. Then also @tecjam to Germany. I would prefer to ship in one box so if you all could talk together and decide where I will send it that would be great. I will PM Paypal details and shipping costs once I get the boxes in hand on Tuesday or so but will probably only be able to ship on Saturday since that's my only day off. 
    GothamConstructionCoadiemcmagriEddieDoesntMindjondesouzaCEnovicebuilder101tecjam
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 736
    @oldtodd33, I will be happy to act as UK point of contact and distributer.

Once you are happy all payments are received you can forward the package and list of recipients to me and once I received the sets I will PM everyone involved to discuss preferred local postage methods and costs.

Please speak up if anyone else has anything to add or I may of missed.  
    jondesouzaCE
  • CommanderRaabCommanderRaab Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 624
    @oldtodd33 may I be added to that list please?
  • adiemcadiemc UKMember Posts: 507
    @GothamConstructionCo sounds good to me!
    GothamConstructionCo
  • William_TownsleyWilliam_Townsley Perth, Scotland Member Posts: 880
    I'd love to buy one. How much will the be 
    @CommanderRaab and @William_Townsley  I don't have any more right now. My only chance is to get them at the store and they don't have any yet as far as I know. 
    William_TownsleyCommanderRaab
  • magrimagri UKMember Posts: 157
    @GothamConstructionCo OK by me too!
    GothamConstructionCo
  • jondesouzaCEjondesouzaCE UKMember Posts: 242
    @GothamConstructionCo @oldtodd33 

Guys, that's superb. Huge thanks.
    GothamConstructionCo
  • novicebuilder101novicebuilder101 Member Posts: 130
    I just got my cube from Target and WOW... awesome assortment of minifigs in this year's version. Lightning Lad is very cool and the main reason why I got this set, but I'm loving the other three as well. Target/Lego really stepped it up this year AND for $5 cheaper. 

Is this still available on Target.com? I want another one.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,344

Is this still available on Target.com? I want another one.
    I just checked and the answer is no......still waiting for mine to arrive....I went with store pick up.
  • CommanderRaabCommanderRaab Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 624
    @oldtodd33 OK thanks for trying. If you do manage to get one i would very much appreciate it. Or if anyone else can get me one (I have a friend from Toronto flying here in a week so perhaps someone could buy one and ship it there so he could bring it???)
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    Has anyone found these in store? I cant beleive its no longer available online so quickly
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,386
    Nowhere in Western New York, Central Michigan, Southern Ohio or West Pam Beach, Florida.

(I made some phone calls!)
    MrJ_NYMasterBeefy
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,500
    edited November 2015
    I saw something on thebrickfan.com that there is a rumor that these were released earlier than expected online and that the Target's upper management is not happy about it. If that really is the case, I'm guessing these maybe should have been released beginning of next year which then leads to the question of if these still will appear in the stores as part of a promotion in the beginning of the new year?
    The other set from last year was released before Christmas, I would think they should be in store for a promo the same this year. 
  • MynattMynatt OH/NYMember Posts: 578
    edited December 2015
    I have just received mine and they aesthetically look very pleasing, however I do not know if anyone else has had the same issue but mine feel sort of cheap. For example, when I pick up the diver, the legs have close to no clutch grip to the base. With a light tap, the figure easily becomes disconnected to the base. 

Kai and Lightning Lad are better with Chima holding on the best (But not to the standard of normal mini minifigures ex. collectable minifigures).

While I plan to put them on display I was just wondering if anyone else had found themselves with the same issue.

• RakulRakul USAMember Posts: 176
    ^ I have the exact same problem with all four of mine.
    yys4ulordzarak
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 769
    I think that' been the way since the first boxed set. Also, with less accessories this time. 
    yys4u
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,827
    I think that' been the way since the first boxed set. Also, with less accessories this time. 
    I don't mind this year's cube having fewer accessories. It was cool getting those accessories the first time around, but they were all fairly common ones and the cube cost $5 more than this year's. I'm happy to pay $20 dollars for four exclusive figs, but if I can save $5 by excluding five common accessory pieces I'd accept deal that in a heartbeat.

Plus, I'm not sure what accessories would've been a good fit for this year's cube. I guess maybe an air tank for the diver and a CHI crystal for Sir Fangar would've been nice. Besides that, I think it feels pretty complete. Kai's already got a sword and Lightning Lad doesn't really need any accessories, I don't think.
  • norm103norm103 Member Posts: 286
    i have 15 of this guy if anyone need him still
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,440
    I saw on FB that "only" 180k boxes were made.

Can someone put that into perspective in relation to normal sets or polybags, even special sets or polys?

• MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282
    I just picked up two boxes at the local target. Very happy I don't have to pay inflated collector's costs.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    I pick up two also. So I think they are stores now. They didn't have a lot but mine had like ten of them.
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    The mark up from last years isn't bad you can find it under 20 which is not bad 
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,783
    A very big thank you to @chuckp for sending a cube across the pond. Very kind of you and much appreciated.
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    SMC said:
    A very big thank you to @chuckp for sending a cube across the pond. Very kind of you and much appreciated.
    I second that! Thanks @chuckp . Another Sh figure to add to the collection :)
  • chuckpchuckp NYMember Posts: 684
    edited December 2015
    ^ ^^ Thanks for that, you're very welcome.

Quick heads up for those I sent these to, I was told by the post office that US customs is really behind. Some have already received their cubes, but if weeks go by and the cube doesn't arrive, contact me and I will try to track it down. 
  • monstblitzmonstblitz Alexandria, VAMember Posts: 597
    They had quite a few in the Alexandria, VA Target off Richmond Highway.  I got him free with a $39.99 purchase. 
  • MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282
    I just hope LEGO doesn't get all sexist on me, and finishes the trio of founding members of the Legion with Saturn Girl! 
    richlkiki180703chuckp