Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Portchester Lego expo

obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 483
just seen an advert for the Portchester Lego Expo next weekend (bank holiday). Does anyone here know about this? apparently this isn't the first one, but I've not heard of it before! I've attached the flier below!

Comments

• donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 673
    edited August 2015
    I went last year. It was OK. One room filled with large lego displays, mostly mocs, and one stall selling minifigs and small sets. 5 times bigger would make it quite substantial I would think. I bought a Willie Scott minifig and a pudsey bear poly from the stall so, you know, it's not just stuff that's in shops. I'm off to Victorious Festival in Portsmouth that weekend so I can't see myself going to this though.
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 870
    Oohhh, thanks for this post. Finally an event close to me. I'm gonna look into this a bit more but it looks like a day out for the family.
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 673
    Hmm, I think you'll be hard pushed to be there all day. We were there for about 45 minutes last year.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Well to the best of my knowledge it isn't associated with any LUG although I could be wrong.

Certainly the use of the logo on marketing material is very naughty, but if you're going to be naughty once I suppose you might as well use it six times ;-)
    ShibKevin_Hyatt
    Well might make it part of a day out in Portsmouth then! A trip to gunworth quay might convince my wife to 'let' me go to the expo.

anyone else been there before?
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,088
    Well to the best of my knowledge it isn't associated with any LUG although I could be wrong.

Certainly the use of the logo on marketing material is very naughty, but if you're going to be naughty once I suppose you might as well use it six times ;-)
    not to mention the use of LEGO in the name of the event.
    kiki180703
  • suprajamessuprajames UK SussexMember Posts: 366
    This is just over an hour from me so could be tempted to check it out.
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 483
    going to go and check it out sunday i think...

Just got back from checking this out, was ok, nice star wars displays in one room with some cabinets with mini figs in, even saw the series 14 figs there in display. Small trade stand that seems a bit pricey and other room was city/creator/technic on display. If that was 5 times bigger than last year, it must have been tiny last year ! Not a bad way to kill 45 mins.

In the cabinet of "rare" star wars figs next to the chrome stormtrooper was a ghost stormtrooper, all clear fig. I could be wrong but I did not think Lego ever made this fig and was clearly a fake ?

So glad you posted this as I think I'll give it a miss. Spend the petrol money and entrance fee on some series 14!
    Well I had to go to Southampton today so called in on the way home, but if you are close then pop in for a look but nothing to write home about. Apparently the guy that was running the trade stall puts on the exhibition and its mostly all his Lego. Asked him about a star wars figure i was after and if he had a Bricklink store and was told no ebay only, which kind of put me off as I know ebay dealers and their higher than BL prices.
    I also took a few photos and I will try to get them on Flickr later for those that chose not to go :)
    Sorry not the best quality, plastic curtains made hard for phone to focus.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157657932576585
    The moc batcave looks cool. Thanks for the photos.
    The batcave was one of the best things there, very nicely done. Was also cool to see the original cloud city set there, as I have never seen one before.
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 483
    The batcave was cool. My ocd kicked in with figures in wrong scenes, but the worst part was the amount of Lego branding there was. Anyone would think it was an official show...
    I did notice that, logos everywhere ! Did you spot the clear stormtrooper as well ?
  • snooplovesnooplove farehamMember Posts: 1
    I went there too and thought id say what I found out as seem everyone is judging with knowing all fact ..... I spoke to them and found out.... one person (master builder) made all displays 20 in total and expo was put together by a team of 4 .logos everywhere yes but that was ok as the guy who built it is a certified master builder and was allowed to put logos up. I never saw wrong figs in wron places there was a free comp going on to spot them . .... It was a great event and lots to see and buy plus series 14 could be bought . I don't like when people comment when they never went and 2 they don't do it them self . £3.50 or if family worked out as £3 each. well worth it . if you want LEGOLAND pay £75 . there was 1000s of figs there all orig may be 1 not and you ocd on it. free sweets , badges,sticker.poster key rings given away free.. plus a stormtrooper there free to get pics with ... all I can say well done to them for doing something for kids over the 6 weeks and help keep lego alive . its hard in this world with hard critics, I like to see the build... hats off to an amazing master builder