Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

After a really long time, I finally completed my Lego Harry Potter Minifigure Collectiion.

Comments

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,022
    Congrats!

Just in time for another go-round in 2017...
    Pitfall69
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
  • sstoroesstoroe Member Posts: 156
    prevere said:

So we're not counting creatures like the phoenix? However very impressive!

I just added in the main creatures I have.  The Hungarian Horntail, The Phoenix, The Hippogriff, Basilisk and Fluffy.  I am still missing Thestral.  I am not currently collecting the microfigs in this theme.  Do you know of any others?
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,480
    edited August 2015

Aragog (the giant spider) - I think there's possibly two versions, was definitely one on a hagrids hut

Norbert the baby dragon

• khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,305
    ^ yep, the latest version of Hagrid's Hut has an Aragog.

Impressive collection @sstoroe !
    I have the owls and norbert.  I just did not post them.  Let me add those.  Aragog is one that I definitely missed.  WIll need to look for that.
  • chuxtoyboxchuxtoybox Member Posts: 711
    edited August 2015
    Cool! I'm jealous!

The  title says that they collected all of the minifigures. Fawkes is not a minifigure.
    Do you have the troll in the dungeon? Maybe he's in these pictures and I just can't see him.
    Which ones could you not find in the U.S.?
    edited August 2015
    Does the mandrake and shrunken head guy count under creatures? Edit: or was shrunken head just a print?

• FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,593
    I think it's a cylinder and maybe a sticker in the older set
    Does the mandrake and shrunken head guy count under creatures? Edit: or was shrunken head just a print?

I meant to get the shrunken head guy, I just forgot.  I just ordered him now.  I need to go find a Mandrake.  I missed that one.  Good find!
    Which ones could you not find in the U.S.?
    I do not remember now, but about 20 of the older ones were hard to find in new condition, or the US sellers were charging twice as much.
    Do you have the troll in the dungeon? Maybe he's in these pictures and I just can't see him.

Sure do, Another good find.  I had him packed away from last year and I forgot all about him.  I will add him tomorrow.  Thanks for pointing that one out!

Of course, he is not going to fit in the display case :(

sstoroe said:
    Of course, he is not going to fit in the display case :(

But... I am gonna drill a small hole in the top of the case to make room.  He will fit now.  That is nice to know the top row of these cases have extra room if needed.  Well, extra room with a drill.  :)
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM IrelandMember Posts: 987
    edited August 2015
    I've been working on this myself over the last couple of years. "Phase I" of the plan is to get every unique character minifig, of which I have around 10 to go (Umbridge and Trelawney being the only two 'ouch' ones left to take the plunge on). After that I'll start going after the duplicates I don't have. 

Great job!
    Good Luck!  I think some of those Harry Potter kids are getting real jobs and filling in their collections.  
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    So which one is the rarest/most expensive minifig? 
    Probably the horntail at about $100 if you count that as a figure.  Otherwise, Professor Trelawney at about $60.

Here are the links.
    http://www.minifigpriceguide.com/detailPages/HARRYPOTTER_hp049.html
    http://www.minifigpriceguide.com/detailPages/HARRYPOTTER_horntail01.html

Here is the full list of Harry Potter figures
    http://www.minifigpriceguide.com/HARRYPOTTER.0.html
    and if you just work down in the list, you will see the other expensive Harry Potter figures.
    http://www.minifigpriceguide.com/Top100LegoMinifigures.html
     Professor Umbridge is about $50 and Mad Eye is about $40.

But some of those price are based on figures out of the USA, so shipping gets more expensive.

I added the Cave Troll.  That is the last one.
    kiki180703
  • legogallegogal USMember Posts: 755
    This is wonderful to see! 133 is a shitload of HP figs! Wow!

I have been working on my  HP collection the past three months and am up to about 90. Many of the figs I did not care for, so my collection is not complete. But there are some amazing figs there, and it has been a lot of fun building and/or rebuilding them.

It is getting incredibly hard and expensive to collect the rare ones, especially the last few parts like Umbridge heads and Trelawney skirts. Sometimes the only ones available are well used, and that is all you can buy. I had to trade some spare rare parts for other rare parts from other countries, but it has been worth the effort. Thanks again for posting photos of your collection! (BTW...how do you like the new LEGO minifig display cases? I just purchased one and have not yet opened it. Being able to see through the clear sides is a nice feature that was not available in the earlier colored display cases similar to this one.)
    I love the new cases.  I wish they were a little bigger.  They are taller than the last ones, but not as wide.  Overall, they are a big improvement.    Toy Story Figs still do not fit.  :(