Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

21303 Lego Wall E

bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
just stop at SF Bay Area Hayward Toys R Us store. They have 2 on the shelves.  

Comments

• ryjayryjay Member Posts: 997
    Saw four at TRU, too.....kinda cool, didn't buy one, but thought they looked good.
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 136
    edited August 2015
    Saw these yesterday at my local TRU. They had quite a few. Price was 59.99 even though the MSRP is supposed to be 49.99. Speaking of that, any idea if Amazon is going to lower the preorders from 59.99 to 49.99?
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,300
    No stores near me had them. I checked with customer service. The nearest store was Tuscon AZ
  • ryjayryjay Member Posts: 997
    The 4 my TRU had are all gone as of Sunday morning at open.  I  forget the price they were selling at, but I do remember they were less then The Big Bang set.
  • Ray1204Ray1204 USAMember Posts: 69
    My toys r us has them but won't break the street date of SEpt 1st.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 937
    Ended up cancelling my pre-order on Amazon due to uncertainty on the pricing.
  • Waterjedi17Waterjedi17 Member Posts: 45
    To add further confusion to the matter, the fall Lego shop at home catalog shows $59.99 as the price.  :/ 

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,834
    So irritating. First the Ferrari F40 was announced at $89.99 and then went on sale for $99.99 and now this.
    SithLord196sklamb
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,300
    My local Lego store says they haven't received their shipment of the Wall E's, and also told me that they may be recalled due to a stability issue. 
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,876
    I wonder if the stability issue is the neck part. That seems to be the weak link so far in the initial reviews. $59.99 makes him a little less desirable than $49.99 but I am sure I'll still buy one regardless. 
    RevBlues
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,416
    I was told by a reliable Lego store employee that this set has been put on a delayed release which means nobody should have them out for sale. 
  • KralaskanKralaskan Member Posts: 208
    Stopped in our local TRU, they were on the shelf.   We got 2.  At checkout they came up as sept 1 release but they sold them to me anyway. 
    pharmjod
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,510
    Woot, mine is ready to be collected.
  • SithLord196SithLord196 Member Posts: 1,147
    So irritating. First the Ferrari F40 was announced at $89.99 and then went on sale for $99.99 and now this.
    Yeah, that's starting to get to me too. Twice now in the last few months does not make Lego look good. 
  • RevBluesRevBlues Member Posts: 117
    pharmjod said:
    I wonder if the stability issue is the neck part. That seems to be the weak link so far in the initial reviews. $59.99 makes him a little less desirable than $49.99 but I am sure I'll still buy one regardless. 
    Why does it take so long for TLG to spot these serious flaws?  10213 was a right c*ck-up too, but they only noticed after it had been on shelves for ages.

I'll be modding Wall-E's neck when mine arrives.  Just like I modded my shuttle's main fuel tank to stop it disintegrating every time somebody walked into the room it was in.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^I know what you mean on the Shuttle. It should have been named the Challenger instead.
    RevBlues
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    edited August 2015
    Grab a Wall-e at TRU tonight. The cashier had to do a manager override since it is in their system to not sell until 1 Sept. Price was $59.99 but if use your TRU credit card on Thursdays you get 10% off. It will be interesting to see if that delay is true. That will make these early copies extremely valuable.   
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,876
    ^I know what you mean on the Shuttle. It should have been named the Challenger instead.

That is fairly tasteless even by our typical standards on here.
    jonamok
  • DNADNA New York, USAMember Posts: 89
    I saw them at a TRU as well but they told me they could not sell one to me. They promptly had the guy in electronics pull them from the shelves.

This evening a lego store employee told me they'd be available on September 1st but many others seem to be getting conflicting reports. I read this a little while ago and there was no mention of any delay but time will tell.  

http://imgur.com/a/Hsi6g

• GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 658
    What is the deal with TRU putting product out before the street date? Any time there is a hard date I've seen the cases with large labels explicitly stating not to put it on shelves before that date. And yet they seem to be constantly putting out stock early only to have to pull it because it's still locked in the system.
    g3man
  • KralaskanKralaskan Member Posts: 208
    I've had target hen house me on early sets before but not TRU.  All depends on the manager at the time of check out i guess.   I say if they put them out on the shelf they are fair game.