What do you think Dimensions will bring?

TheUltimateTFOLTheUltimateTFOL Texas, USAMember Posts: 153
So, I know most of you will have already seen the Dimensions trailers and seen the sets. If you haven't, then you should or this article won't make sense to you.
Anyways, so far we have a pretty large list of sets/packs released and even more seen in the trailers. I'm sure Lego had to do a lot of haggling to get all of these licenses, so why wouldn't they use them? Does anyone think that some of these packs might be the beginnings of new themes?

Comments

• AllBrickAllBrick UKMember Posts: 1,404
    edited August 2015
    I think dimensions will bring.......... Empty wallets and a new target for shoplifters. I would love to buy into LD but, the cost of it all is ridunculous. LEGO games are great, costly DLC isn't. Its a shame because I would love all of it. I'm going to wait till the prices tumble.
    andhe
  • DNADNA New York, USAMember Posts: 89
    I don't know about the themes. I just hope Dimensions will be involved in a great black Friday deal.
    Even though I still have burn marks in my pockets from Trap Master Gate hell and Infinity, I'm looking forward to Dimensions. I like the lego game realm. Playing with The Doctor and Chell with her cool portal gun sounds like great fun. This time when I find myself inside another rabbit hole, at least it's lined with bricks.  
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    edited August 2015
    If we're lucky, we'll get more minifigs that we would never see in sets, or were in previous sets but are expensive/hard to find. A full line of the Doctors, more Ghostbusters, more Wizard of Oz figures(A Dorothy, Scarecrow, Tinman, and Cowardly Lion have to be made. Please?) would be amazing. Maybe some more odd video game properties like Portal? Such as Shepherd(sic) from Mass Effect? The possibilities are endless really.
    Just a little disappointing observation, why is the Stay Puft MM so small? Surely he should've been a larger figure like the hulk or even a mini build. Shame really.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,216
    @Allbrick - for the same reason the Lady Liberty CMF is so small, it's a mini figure version of a character. I'd love for LEGO to release a brick built Marshmallow man set (especially with the new Venkman minifigure) but it would need to be a full set in it's own right, not a Dimensions pack.
    AllBrick
    @Shib - In reality, the SPMM should be the same size (or bigger) than a modular building.
    I'd settle for a brick built one at about the size of the constraction figures.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    I was under the assumption that "Lady Liberty" is a person dressed in a costume. Lou Ferigno played "The Incredible Hulk", he's not 2-3x bigger than a normal person. Why does the SPMM need to be taller than a building? If I was to dress as him for Halloween, I would be a normal size.
    ^interesting point with the Lady Liberty and Lou Ferigno - there is nothing about those mini figures to imply that they are people in costume other than the scale. I personally just view them as minifigure scale versions of what they are, Hulk and the Statue of Liberty - With STMM it's explicitly the character, not a person in a costume, but could be used as a person in a costume if wanted. Obviously the visual effects of the time that Ghostbusters was made STMM was a guy in a suit...so you could claim it's STMM before visual editing ;-)
  • TheUltimateTFOLTheUltimateTFOL Texas, USAMember Posts: 153
    Lego should release a new type of minifigure, like the exact same shape of a figure just twice as big. Kind of like the Statue of Liberty in the Lego Marvel Superheroes Videogame.
    The Hulk (in the movie) got bigger the more people tried to harm him. SPMM was just plain big. The statue of liberty was in Ghostbusters 2 and we haven't seen anything from that movie, yet. I would like a Vigo the Carpathian figure. They could have him inside a box like picture too.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 781
    AllBrick said:
    Just a little disappointing observation, why is the Stay Puft MM so small? Surely he should've been a larger figure like the hulk or even a mini build. Shame really.

There is a function in the game where you can change the scale (size) of a character, to half as small, to three times as tall as the average minifigure. It only works at certain points, sure, but at least its an option.
    @Penkid11 - That's ingame though, I want big, official MM that explodes and everything. Seriously though, something a little bigger would have been nice and more to scale. On a similar note, comic book guy is a weird looking minifig. LEGO ideas, portly torsos and legs please.
    Back to Dimensions. I can't wait for the LOTR set. Maybe that even will jumpstart the LOTR series again (though I doubt it).
  • crazycarlcrazycarl USAMember Posts: 392
    Looks cool but way too expensive!!!  The family and I have played the last 2 Disney Infinity games but have always bought figures on clearance or sales.  The cost of $20-30 for a figure set for Dimensions.  NO WAY!!!  I will wait for it to go clearance if we get it at all.  However a Wizard of Oz theme would be cool!

AllBrick
    I know, the price is ridiculous. I mean, this game is obviously aimed at younger children but the base game itself is still $99. On top of that, kids are going to be begging their parents for all of theses $15 DLC packs.
    Wow. I take that back. Saw the new trailer and going to be getting the game hopefully soon. The price is still ridiculous, though.
    Well, now that some more information is released, I think we can start this thread up again. Unfortunately, after mulling over it a little bit, I figured that Lego probably won't restart some of their older themes. Even though themes like Lord of the Rings and The Lego Movie have many scenes and vehicles that haven't been made into Lego yet, they probably wont't be. Even though they still have the licenses to various themes that are now retired, think about what Lego would have to do to restart them: recruit a new team of designers, re-market, account for different costs of different bricks, and compete with other themes.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    Well, now that some more information is released, I think we can start this thread up again. 
    Let me first extend my (belated) welcome to the forum @TheUltimateTFOL.

I think you might have created this thread shortly after joining the forum, and perhaps at that time hadn't yet realised/found the existing Dimensions conversation already going strong. (Usually someone helpful comes along and points this out early on with a link to the existing thread, before a mod closes the splinter thread to keep everything tidy, but it seems everyone is being too polite this time, or just expecting this one to wither naturally once you'd found and start posting to the other).

So in answer to 'start this one up again', I think it might perhaps be better if we stick to the original and very much alive dimensions thread, (especially now you've found it and posted there too). http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/19426/lego-dimensions#latest

(Nothing personal, it's purely to keep the discussion in one place, and keeps the forum tidy/prevents any unnecessary cross-referencing/cross-posting). Like i say, it's usually dealt with quickly, but seems not to have happened on this occasion.

So unless there's a specific reason to keep this running/there's no objections, i would recommend closing this one/merging into the existing @CapnRex101
    Bumblepants
    Alright, thanks. I'm relatively new to this forum (only been here two weeks) so thanks for the welcome. I'll flag it for a mod so they can close this one.
    edited September 2015
    ^ No problem. Welcome aboard. 

Duplicate threads are usually merged quite quickly. Or the creator gets pointed to where the chat is already happening within the first few comments - everyone just seems to have forgotten to do so this time. :)

SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,920
    ^ Agreed - it's three entries below.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    Or another member comes to the old thread and sees X new comments and then finds a discussion in the middle of a thread about merging a thread. ;-)
    legomatt
    ^ Always throws me too; If a splinter thread has more than a few posts, i prefer the 'close' option to avoid multi-dimensional collisions. ;)