Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

No double points in October?

77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
i visited a local lego store and I was told that there won't be double points in October.

can anyone confirm this?

Comments

• akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,038
    Oh... that would be really sad... maybe they will just do it on particular sets? They have done that in the past.
  • sir_Bricksalotsir_Bricksalot UKMember Posts: 110
    Ahh jokes.  Was holding off on buying some sets in anticipation of double points in October.  Might have to wait till next year :)
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    Wouldn't be surprising at all given the trend the past few years.  Highly disappointing obviously 
    TXLegoguyjuggles7
  • TXLegoguyTXLegoguy USMember Posts: 125
    I sure hope not. I usually buy some sets during those times.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,985
    That would be very lame.
    juggles7TheBigLegoski
  • Mandalorian_BuilderMandalorian_Builder Member Posts: 197
    edited August 2015
    I have stopped buying from Lego stores all together unless it's an exclusive set, or there is a really cool freebie. You can get far better deals at other retailers if you are patient. 5 bucks per hundred spent is a joke in comparison. 
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 1,070
    I agree but some of these giveaways are like crack...just hard to say no.
    brownbricks720gmonkey76
  • Fletch1Fletch1 UkMember Posts: 82
    I hope not I to only buy exclusive from lego store and only when there is a offer on I was hoping to get the tumbler in October
  • TarDomoTarDomo FinlandMember Posts: 515
    Last year I bought DS and SSD during the double VIP points so better not let us down, TLG!
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    Maybe it'll be triple points  :p
    kiki180703pharmjodCoolguy5000TheLoneTensorShibAdeelZubair
  • Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 936
    They did do triple points over Thanksgiving weekend a few years ago. That was fun.

I tend to do ALL of my LEGO Christmas shopping during October double points. I guess if they don't offer it this year, I'll be going to another retailer. Interesting concept. LEGO doesn't "owe" us anything I suppose, but when everyone is looking for a deal, that business will get the money.
  • supervir2supervir2 united statesMember Posts: 25
    I was holding off on the Kwik-E-Mart, ninjago temple, Ferris wheel, and new city square until double points in October:/.  Hoping this proves false.  Can't see them not at least doing something for cyber Monday, but I bet they still have 2x points in oct.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442