Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Advent Calendars will be here soon....

ryjayryjay Member Posts: 1,001
Who's buying them and which one? City set #60099, Friends set #41102, and Star Wars set #75097.   In the past I've always bought one of each, a set to open and a set to collect and save/store.

I tend to think the City set has the best items to incorporate into winter scenes or a general city build out, while I think the Star Wars set is valued just for the CMF & the other items just get lost.  The Friend's set has some cool lil add ons and is worth opening.  Over the past years, my kids have enjoyed opening all three doors each day.

So when they come out, who's buying, who's collecting, which one's, and are you opening those doors or not?

Comments

• YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    City for my son, Star Wars for me. Been out of my dark ages for over four years now, but for whatever reason only started getting these last year. 
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,963
    Nope. I find them far too expensive for what one gets, and we do our own advent calendar instead.
     I do have some, though, that I bought on high clearance two years back, so I might pull those out this year. :-) 
    madforLEGOTheLoneTensorRonyar
  • DNADNA New York, USAMember Posts: 89
    I buy them every year. I'm buying 2 star wars, 1 city and I'll make my own Duplo calendar for my youngest. This year I'm making one for my college kid too. Using monster minifigs and all things lego Joker. 
  • Toc13Toc13 Member Posts: 1,080
    Picked up the 2013 Friends one for my daughter. Seemed to have better contents- certainly better than last year.
    Debating the Star Wars one but will probably pass & spend the money on a small set that catches my eye.
  • donutboydonutboy U.K.Member Posts: 746
    edited August 2015
    I've got a Star Wars one every year, that my daughter opens and builds, but is for me really. I see no reason why we won't get one this year. Especially as its all original trilogy. She has her own advent calendar as well (non lego, boo) which will have my little ponys in and stuff (home made).
  • DNADNA New York, USAMember Posts: 89
    I was a little surprised to see the city calendar today at a TRU. 

gmonkey76
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,063
    ^ Zombie Avent Calendar!
    dannyrww
  • paul88paul88 Member Posts: 169
    I found the SW advent calendars on saturday at a TRU, but they would not sell them :(  They said they were not allowed to be sold until sept. 4.  They should not have had them out in that case!  Very annoying.
  • brownbricks720brownbricks720 Cleveland, OhioMember Posts: 47
    I'll pick up the star wars one for the minifigs and then scrap the other pieces. I've gotten the city one in the past because they are usually jam packed with accessories. 
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,389
    Probably city, though it does not look as good as years past.
  • dragon114dragon114 United StatesMember Posts: 635
    ill get city for my own lego city
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,590
    Saw both today at a TRU, but would rather wait to get from LEGO so I can at least get points.
  • Poisso3Poisso3 Member Posts: 196
    Picked up both the City and Friends calendars while we were at Legoland Billund. They had just put the boxes out when we went into the shop. Now my kids just have to wait till December to open them.
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,900
    edited August 2015
    I am always in two minds about the Star Wars one yes the Santa this and that are cool but are not real useful after. I also but buy many star wars sets so a lot of the other figs don't go with what I have already. So I get the city ones to go alone with WV but they are a bit boring and this year there are very few figs but at least the UK price on these is ok. I would like to see the city ones a bit more themed each year so they are different, where are our drivers and space men from this years sub themes. Would love to see a SH one. 
  • TwoToneBricksTwoToneBricks KCMember Posts: 37
    Just purchased the Star Wars advent at my Lego store!!!
  • groundedgrounded Central OhioMember Posts: 73
    Saw the Friends one at the nice TRU last Saturday. 
  • scubagirlscubagirl Member Posts: 12
    I am buying the Star Wars set (have purchased them in the past) and yes I open the doors for each day and enjoy the little builds.

• cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Think this will be the first year in a long time without them after my kids lost interest in the 2013 and 2014 star wars ones last year.