Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

stagus: Stagus here all the way from Scotland

stagusstagus Member Posts: 256
edited May 2011 in Introduce yourself
Hi,
I loved lego as a kid but it is only now that I'm fast approaching 42 that I can build my ultimate city (with a bit of Star Wars up above). My daugher (10) is loving Harry Potter and Ninjago. I have around 200 sets (in excess of 60,000 bricks).

I was working away from home so the second bedroom in the flat I rented became the 1st city but I am now back home and have floored the loft for the second build. There will be 4 trains, huge airport and harbour as well as all the normal stuff. To be fair I am building from instructions with more bespoke buildings to follow.

As a slight aside I find Lego enomously theraputic. I have a fairly high pressure job with constant interuption so I find it wonderful to open a box and build until my wee hearts content without all and sundry wanting to break up the flow.

Nice to meet you all.
Stagus

Comments

• atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Welcome to the forum Stagus. Would love to see some pictures of that City sometime if you get a chance post some, I'm really interested in seeing how people display their LEGO.
  • stagusstagus Member Posts: 256
    Will do. Just trying to figure out my train layout........and build 90% of the sets I have as they were taken to bits for transport. I have 4 of the modulars so they will be on the high streeet and work my way out from there.
    couple of pics
  • allyburnsallyburns Member Posts: 62
    Where in Scotland are you?
    I'm in Edinburgh, any other Scots out there, or people based in Scotland?
  • chakinochakino Member Posts: 159
    I'm in kirkcaldy for two weeks then moving to Falkirk
    I am very near Falkirk.....Larbert in fact, I can feel a meet coming on!
  • warrenelsmorewarrenelsmore Member Posts: 77
    I live in Edinburgh - not too far away. Though for those that have met me, I'm obviously English ;-)

A Scottish meet sounds like a very good idea though. Hold onto that thought....
    @warrenelsmore I won't hold it aginst you. ;) My wife is also English and I can't find too much wrong with her!!
    I've just read this again and noticed that my 'collection' is now 85,000 pieces and 285 sets....isn't it funny how these things grow! ;))))
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    lol! YES!! I read my intro again recently. Exponential lego growth. If only they were breeding rather than costing me money!
  • allyburnsallyburns Member Posts: 62
    @warrenelsmore, @stagus, @chakino

Let's see if we can get together for any 3 for 2's in the future :)

I would have bought the new Millennium Falcon id I had 2 more buyers! (unfortunately the maximum number I found in an Argos was 2 though)