The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

What are your favourite YouTube LEGO channels?

happyskunkyhappyskunky Michigan Member Posts: 133
edited June 2016 in Photography/Video

These are some of the ones I like but I am sure there are more that I am missing out there.   I would like to see which ones you like :smile:

AFOL MAN ( youtube.com/user/cookslawncare/videos )

Beyond the brick (youtube.com/user/BeyondTheBrickTV/videos )

BrickTsar (outube.com/user/BrickTsar/videos ) 

Evan TubeHD ( youtube.com/user/EvanTubeHD/videos )

JANGBRiCKS ( youtube.com/user/LEGOJANG/videos )

and I really really love watching

Brick Builder putting the sets together!  For some reason this is very entertaining to me

( youtube.com/user/brickbuilder23/videos )

Have a wonderful day / night!!

Comments

• rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    Jangbricks is my favourite, easily. The others just don't have that same feel of quality to them, excluding Evan. Of course there is The Brick Show but you've said the ones I watch.
    MattDawson
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,116
    I don't like watching other people put sets together that I plan on buying and building. Seems to take some of the magic away from building. Now watching a review is different. Those have actually swayed my decision on buying a set right away or holding off a bit.
    bobabricksAndorMasterBeefyBumblepantsAdzbadboyOmastardmcc0SlapNuts
  • sir_Bricksalotsir_Bricksalot UKMember Posts: 110
    For me the only one i watch is the brick show - great effort by the bothers if you ask me.  Heard that Jangbricks is better for an AFOL in terms of getting the salient points across.  Thats this weeks watching taken care of.
  • natro220natro220 USAMember Posts: 532
    Jangbricks is best hands down.  His voice is very soothing, and he is extremely knowledgeable as well.  He's swayed me one way or another to buy a set or not on several occasions.
    rdflego
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,225
    The Brick Show for me is the perfect example of 'Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
    It's... well let's just say it's not for me and leave it at that.
    The Brick Show for me is the perfect example of 'Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
    Ahhh man, show the brothers a little love. :smile: 

Does anyone know of any decent UK based Lego channels btw?  Would love to start one up myself but it would be a pretty short run venture given I'm still getting back into my Lego groove so only have 5 sets to review.

• rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    Ahhh man, show the brothers a little love. :smile: 

Does anyone know of any decent UK based Lego channels btw?  Would love to start one up myself but it would be a pretty short run venture given I'm still getting back into my Lego groove so only have 5 sets to review.

Madaboutlego is from the UK and they tend to focus on the sets ranther than reviews. I had a similar though that it would be great to start a UK lego channel,  would be great to see some more mate
  • markobricklegomarkobricklego SwizerlandMember Posts: 7
    Madaboutulego is good. Brick 101, JangBricks.. I am making my videos, I am making videos for kids. You can check it out on my channel. you can give me feed back of whats wrong and wright on my videos, i would be verry thankful 
  • Bricklover18Bricklover18 PA, USAMember Posts: 712
    just2good and JangBricks are great. 
    just2goodLordCrom
  • Dr_BrickDr_Brick In my test labMember Posts: 9
    Dr. Brick :D New stop motion builder
  • tecjamtecjam Germany / SwitzerlandMember Posts: 255
    Jang! There is not really any competition!

The Brick Show is alright, but there is vast room for improvement in pretty much every way (sound, video, lighting, editing ...).

I do sometimes watch Brickbuilder for some of the older sets I do not own.
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 796
    I enjoy watching JANGBRiCKS and also the LEGO Designer Videos.
    i just started watching a few solid brix studios videos.  Have to say I'm a fan :)  That Kashyyk is pretty epic!

• JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,064
    Yup, JANGBRiCKS for me as well... He should drop the M*** B***** though, as it obviously gets in the way of his progress on NewJANG City... ;-)

The Designer videos on The LEGO Group's channel are, of course, well worth watching, as mentioned above.

JK Brickworks and akiyuky are also worth looking at for their MOCs / GBCs, though they're not review channels by any means!

I do watch The Brick Show from time to time, but they're a bit, ahem, "brash Yank" for my tastes... ;-)

I'm sorry, but I cannot stand channels fronted by precocious children, so Evan Whatshisface is right out... ;-)
  • markobricklegomarkobricklego SwizerlandMember Posts: 7
    Try my channel, im new, give me a chance :)
  • Dr_BrickDr_Brick In my test labMember Posts: 9
    what do you think ? doing my best and try to improve

• richoricho Member Posts: 3,791
    I know this sounds terribly discerning and fussy, but am yet to come across any Lego YouTube channel I really enthusiastically like. I did just watch a couple of jangbricks vids and they were pretty well done, nice clean pictures and descriptions. 

I would love love to see some licensed sets carefully evaluated against footage from the relevant franchise for accuracy etc, not sure if this would be allowed with copyright, I have no idea.
  • happyskunkyhappyskunky Michigan Member Posts: 133
    Dr_Brick said:
    what do you think ? doing my best and try to improve

I liked it!  There was a Youtube Lego channel like this but every new piece there was a clicking noise that drove me nuts so I stopped watching.  Your the alternative with some nice music which I appreciate.
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,198
    Jangbricks and Just2Good are my go-tos, but I also watch Brick Builder for speed builds to see what the set is like for assembly.
    just2goodLordCrom
  • Thecollector123Thecollector123 United States Member Posts: 67
    My favorite channel would probably be Bricktsar because I am a huge vintage Lego fan!
    SeanTheCollector
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
  • LordCromLordCrom Granada Hills, Ca.Member Posts: 8
    BrickVault and Just2Good are right up there with Jangbricks in my opinion. 
  • Kevin_HyattKevin_Hyatt UKMember Posts: 778
    Best YouTube channel by far is Sheffield LEGO User Group!
    (If you're into seeing what's on Sheffield LEGO Store PAB wall anyway :) )
  • Lego_DadLego_Dad Middle Musquodoboit, NS, CanadaMember Posts: 14
    Playwell Bricks, oh wait, that is my channel. So, okay, maybe I am be just a little biased...

I would say it is a toss up between Ellie V and Jangbricks, I find myself watching them even if I am not interested in the sets.
  • GremerGremer The Commonwealth of VirginiaMember Posts: 154
    My two favorites are Rebel Builder and BrickVault. I get Jang's appeal, but I'm not a big fan.
  • BeyondTheHodBeyondTheHod UKMember Posts: 5
    Can I politely put forward my own channel here?
    I don't do reviews or anything, just stop motion builds. Any feedback or thoughts would be great and if you like them enough to subscribe then you will be adding a little spark of joy to my day :)

FowlerBricks
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,382
    Jangbricks, Titan Pictures and Brotherhood Workshops.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,239
    My grandson watches a lot of Hobby Kids TV on YouTube, this one is by far his favorite video involving LEGO. 

• redarmyredarmy AberdeenMember Posts: 598
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 262
    JangBricks is my first stop, then some of the other stuff listed above.

my dirty secret is GillyBricks who does Lepin vs Lego reviews!

• sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,211
    Jang all the way. I'm also subscribed to BrickTsar but I only watch those very intermittently. For new sets I actively seek out Jang's videos.
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,611
    GnajBricks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI-GvuSX3Xsc82W4gY1BwxQ

This new parody channel is hilarious! 11/10! This is exactly the kind of individual this community needs more of! Not that we don’t have them however he has a huge presence on YouTube and totally deserves it. He’s pretty much crushed every other channel down due to is outstanding production quality and constrictive thoughts. Glad we have him in our community even though he only pops up time to time on the Brickset. It’s quite hilarious and amusing how he’s recently started to parody other LEGO content of YouTube, he’s earned it given dramatic contrast between this and his traditional content and that’s why it works so well. Bravo Jang! (Or should I say Gnaj...)
    hewmanAyliffeomniumOmastarBumblepantsMattDawsonLittleLori
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 16,588
    The problem with parodies is that they are funny for the first few, but then if too many are done they become what they are parodying.
    SirBrickalotOfLego
  • the_creative_boxthe_creative_box SwedenMember Posts: 90
    Adzbadboy said:
    GnajBricks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI-GvuSX3Xsc82W4gY1BwxQ

This new parody channel is hilarious! 11/10! This is exactly the kind of individual this community needs more of! Not that we don’t have them however he has a huge presence on YouTube and totally deserves it. He’s pretty much crushed every other channel down due to is outstanding production quality and constrictive thoughts. Glad we have him in our community even though he only pops up time to time on the Brickset. It’s quite hilarious and amusing how he’s recently started to parody other LEGO content of YouTube, he’s earned it given dramatic contrast between this and his traditional content and that’s why it works so well. Bravo Jang! (Or should I say Gnaj...)
    GNAJBRicKS was a pleasant surprise. The fact that Jang is one of the most serious Lego Youtubers makes his parody videos even funnier to watch!
  • Game_onGame_on USAMember Posts: 89
    Just like a lot of people in this thread, Jang is on my list of Youtubers I watch for Lego reviews.  I also like his parody channel as well.

The Brick Show and Brick Vault are also channels I subscribe too. 
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 643
    Game_on said:
    Just like a lot of people in this thread, Jang is on my list of Youtubers I watch for Lego reviews.  I also like his parody channel as well.

The Brick Show and Brick Vault are also channels I subscribe too. 
    I watched a video from The Brick Show earlier after reading this thread. Something about "The #1 Reason why LEGO sales are declining". Several minutes into the video, he still hadn't told me and was waffling on about how I'm going to laugh when I hear it. I never did find out...
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,102
    he thinks it's because of roblox. because he sees all the kids spending their time on roblox and not lego. but then, there have been many virtual sources of enternainment that children spent a lot of time on in recent years and it didn't stop Lego from achieving amazing results.
    omnium
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 643
    edited November 2017
    Thanks for explaining. Roblox. I didn't laugh. But then, I had to google it ;-)
    But I see what you mean - kids play computer games and play LEGO interchangeably. Just like they do with Minecraft or any other fad game/toy.
    When I was a kid, I didn't only have LEGO, I had Action Man and other toys too.
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,611
    CCC said:
    The problem with parodies is that they are funny for the first few, but then if too many are done they become what they are parodying.
    Sure, that's true but you can't given a hard time for trying something totally opposite to his normal content. I do hope he doesn't post regularly, maybe when there is a lack of content for his main channel etc.
    from what I understood roblox is about making your own game or playing other people creation, kind of a simplified game engine I guess, so I guess it is likely to appeal to Lego fans (and vice versa), after all I spend most of my time doing either Lego builds or game development.
  • HumdrumHumdrum BelgiumMember Posts: 63
    Other than the usual names already mentioned in this thread I'd like to add BrickBros UK. They offer good quality reviews and other items like alternate builds. The slightly monotonous way of reviewing can both be a plus or a negative though.

Other channels I visit now and then:
    - AlNickelFilms: stop motion films (adventures in classic space is my favourite)
    - Fancy Pants: stop motion
    - AKPstudios: stop motion
    - This Old Lego Brick: city layout with height differences
    - Mark Cotter: Maryville city, probably one of the largest private layouts I know of.
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 396
    Apologies if there’s a thread similar to this, but I was wondering what’s everyone’s opinions on Lego Youtubers?

I think I’m not alone when I say Jangbricks is a fantastic YouTuber with exceptional quality videos. He’s probably my favourite Lego channel, although I still do have some issues with him. For example, he’s very rude when it comes to how he wants to present his city and comes across quite bigoted sometimes, but I understand it’s his and he can do what he wants with it.

As for other YouTubers, let’s talk about Just2Good. Never have I encountered such a whining pessimist in all my life (I realise the irony in that statement as I type!). To give an example, watch his rant video on CMF series 18.

You may think I’m being harsh, and perhaps I am, especially considering I probably couldn’t do any better. But as an avid viewer I think my opinion is worth hearing. 

What’s your view on Lego Youtubers? Who else do you watch?
    CaptainLego
  • dmcc0dmcc0 Nae far fae AberdeenMember Posts: 496
    @SirBrickalotOfLego Jangbricks is also a favourite of mine, but not sure what you mean about him being rude about his city - as in he doesn't take on opinions/suggestions of others as to what he should do with it?

Quite like Beyond the Brick too, mostly to see some of the fantastic MOCs they showcase at various shows.

Have watched a few others, including just2good, Brickbros UK etc but to be honest I've not come across any that are as good as Jang.  Usually I get annoyed by either the bad production quality or annoying accents on most of the stuff I watch!    
    BrickByBrick
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 740
    My son and I enjoy Jang's reviews, but don't tend to watch his new jang city stuff. We also watch ALFs (Austrian LEGO fan) speed builds.

As for Jang himself and his own stuff, I think it's his city and he can do what he wants. Everyone else's ideas are surplus and he should be free to incorporate that which he wants and ignore the rest. The problem is that some people don't take 'no' for an answer on the internet and I think he's had a fair amount of fanatics impose their uninvited opinions quite forcefully, I doubt I'd be any less rude or offhand in his position, especially when faced with the umpteenth nut-job that day.
    From what I've watched I generally think he's quite calm and measured in what he says, so I'd say the instances of him being fairly curt are perhaps just him having a bad day.
    BrickByBrickgmonkey76
    @dmcc0 it’s just the tone in which he says it, come across a bit condescending, but as @Mr_Cross said it’s probably just him on an off day.
    I watch jangbricks and like him, but one thing I don't like is when he explains some of the mechanisms.

"if you push on that part, right here, that part I'm very glad they didn't make bright red with glowing arrows pointing to it, if you press on it, it will apply a force and that force will be transmitted to that projectile that will be thrown in the air in a very nice arc..."

god, I can see it's a catapult... just operate it and be done with it. at least that something the brick show does better, they just shoot some random fig and you get the point.

I don't know if he got mentionned often, but I watch Sariel too because he reviews technic stuff.
    SirBrickalotOfLegoGremer
    Fauch said:
    I watch jangbricks and like him, but one thing I don't like is when he explains some of the mechanisms.

"if you push on that part, right here, that part I'm very glad they didn't make bright red with glowing arrows pointing to it, if you press on it, it will apply a force and that force will be transmitted to that projectile that will be thrown in the air in a very nice arc..."

god, I can see it's a catapult... just operate it and be done with it. at least that something the brick show does better, they just shoot some random fig and you get the point.
    This irritates me too, he seems to praise the fact that there’s no bright red button more than there actually is so I don’t know why he makes such a fuss of it!
  • SearchlightRGSearchlightRG AmericaMember Posts: 166
    I go to Jang for set reviews. For entertainment Brotherhood Workshop is pretty awesome, though their channel has pretty much died. Of course, they’re now official LEGO employees so it worked out for them.
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 317
    Apologies if there’s a thread similar to this, but I was wondering what’s everyone’s opinions on Lego Youtubers?

I think I’m not alone when I say Jangbricks is a fantastic YouTuber with exceptional quality videos. He’s probably my favourite Lego channel, although I still do have some issues with him. For example, he’s very rude when it comes to how he wants to present his city and comes across quite bigoted sometimes, but I understand it’s his and he can do what he wants with it.

As for other YouTubers, let’s talk about Just2Good. Never have I encountered such a whining pessimist in all my life (I realise the irony in that statement as I type!). To give an example, watch his rant video on CMF series 18.

You may think I’m being harsh, and perhaps I am, especially considering I probably couldn’t do any better. But as an avid viewer I think my opinion is worth hearing. 

What’s your view on Lego Youtubers? Who else do you watch?
    I’ve come to feel the same way about J2G. I used to love his channel, but then came all the complaining.
  • elspankdogelspankdog TexasMember Posts: 387