Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The one that got away thread

1234568»

Comments

• KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,537
    Agree with @Fizyx ... it is hit or miss - I pre-ordered the Child #75318 and included a physical VIP set which arrived even though it was sold out by the time the Child shipped (which means they physically had it set aside for a month or so?)... I also have done the backorder trick mentioned above (have one in-stock item in your order) and that seems to work well.
    FizyxReesesPiecesSumoLegogmonkey76
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 962
    It is hit or miss.  I missed out on four of the Darth Revan (yes, got greedy) when the battle packs were backordered.  When I called about it, the CS agent said there is a fine print that says promos are for in stock items only.  Technically, it showed up in my order receipt so it should have been part of my purchase but so well.
    SumoLegoFizyxKungFuKenny
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,302
    With the VIP sets, they issue a voucher so they know about stock levels.

I've found ordering just one PAB part triggers sending the GWP separately from a back ordered set. I guess once part of an order is fulfilled, it triggers sending the GWP.
    KungFuKennyFizyx
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,302
    It is hit or miss.  I missed out on four of the Darth Revan (yes, got greedy) when the battle packs were backordered.  When I called about it, the CS agent said there is a fine print that says promos are for in stock items only.  Technically, it showed up in my order receipt so it should have been part of my purchase but so well.
    In that case they should not show it in an order confirmation. If a gift is removed from an order like that, I'd return the whole order due to missing items. If they send a confirmation you have ordered something, then they should check their rules before sending a confirmation not after a customer complains.
    Bumblepantscanon03FizyxMr_CrossReesesPiecesSeijiAmasawa
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 617
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,537
    Were you able to get one?  With these former GWPs and Con releases I think you have to jump on them right when they go live on [email protected] (with the exception of the Wonder Woman set) to avoid missing out...
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,717
    Were you able to get one?  With these former GWPs and Con releases I think you have to jump on them right when they go live on [email protected] (with the exception of the Wonder Woman set) to avoid missing out...
    Doesn’t posting here imply he didn’t get one?
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman In the Disney Infinity Toybox, Windows, or digging through LEGO parts in the USA.Member Posts: 617
    Unfortunately, no, I didn't. Saw it go up, was waiting for promos...
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 535
    edited November 2020
    UGH. I like collecting the brickarms 24k gold weapons and I love star wars. Asked the seller to split up an auction so I could buy the dc-15s and sat down for dinner. Stayed off my phone for dinner and 45 minutes later I saw the seller responded almost right away and reposted the items and somebody else had bought the dc-15s. Second one I've seen in 6 years of looking. I'm so mad at myself right now. 
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 535

KungFuKenny
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 8
    A picture is worth a thousand words...
    560HeliportSumoLegoAstrobricksFizyxBumblepantsKungFuKennyJackad7gmonkey76FowlerBricks
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,448
    Well, maybe it was just the instruction booklet...
    AstrobricksFizyxKungFuKennyReesesPiecesOldfan
  • lkliment2lkliment2 ChicagoMember Posts: 171
    Talking with @SumoLego last night made me remember how I passed on sets like #75156 and #75151 when they were on clearance for $60-70 towards the end of their shelf lives, and how I really regret it now. While I have Krennic’s Shuttle (wouldn’t mind a sealed one...) that Turbo Tank still eludes me...
    SumoLego
  • The_StudThe_Stud IndianaMember Posts: 54
    Back in fall 2016, I was staying at Walt Disney World with my family and naturally, we made a few trips to the Lego Store during that time! During one of those trips, I found #70751 Temple of Airjitzu for half off there. I guess they overstocked that set or something, because I’m still shocked that such a prominent Lego Store would have such a huge deal on a D2C like that. The only reason I didn’t get it then was because I didn’t have any way of getting it home on the plane, and shipping would have cost an arm and a leg(o).

All’s well that ends well though, as I ended up getting it as a birthday gift a year later to commemorate the release of The Lego Ninjago Movie. So technically, I ended up paying 100% off at the end of the day. 😉
    560HeliportKungFuKennyFizyxBumblepants
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,074
    Well, two weeks ago I missed out on a lot of Architecture sets. Seller wanted $100 total for ten sets (Arch De Triomphe, Brandenburg Gate, Burj Khalifa (#21008), Empire State Building (#21002), Guggenheim, Sungnyemun, Sydney Opera House, Leaning Tower of Pisa, and The White House (#21006). For a brief moment, I thought it also included Fallingwater. I had a time set to meet them the following morning only to wake up and find that they sold to someone else. As I had intended to just resell the sets, it took me awhile to get over the feeling that I had just lost out on several hundred dollars in profit. 

Then today, I saw a post for a bunch of modulars for $100 each that included Corner Garage, Bookstore, Grand Emporium, Brick Bank, Parisian, Pet Store, Detective's Office, Palace Cinema, Assembly Square, and the Old Fishing Store. They had another posting for Tower Bridge, Double Decker London Bus, Saturn Rocket, and the Disney Castle each for $125. I messaged only an hour or so after posting to find that all of them had sold already. 

The Architecture miss was a bummer as it was going to allow me to check other Wanted items off my list. The other offers were a bummer because they were a few of the Wanted Items I was aiming for. 

You suck 2020. 
    KungFuKenny
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,717
    Well, two weeks ago I missed out on a lot of Architecture sets. Seller wanted $100 total for ten sets (Arch De Triomphe, Brandenburg Gate, Burj Khalifa (#21008), Empire State Building (#21002), Guggenheim, Sungnyemun, Sydney Opera House, Leaning Tower of Pisa, and The White House (#21006). For a brief moment, I thought it also included Fallingwater. I had a time set to meet them the following morning only to wake up and find that they sold to someone else. As I had intended to just resell the sets, it took me awhile to get over the feeling that I had just lost out on several hundred dollars in profit. 

Then today, I saw a post for a bunch of modulars for $100 each that included Corner Garage, Bookstore, Grand Emporium, Brick Bank, Parisian, Pet Store, Detective's Office, Palace Cinema, Assembly Square, and the Old Fishing Store. They had another posting for Tower Bridge, Double Decker London Bus, Saturn Rocket, and the Disney Castle each for $125. I messaged only an hour or so after posting to find that all of them had sold already. 

The Architecture miss was a bummer as it was going to allow me to check other Wanted items off my list. The other offers were a bummer because they were a few of the Wanted Items I was aiming for. 

You suck 2020. 
    You jinxed yourself by posting it in the brag thread before you closed the deal! 
    andheBumblepantsSwitchfoot55560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,074
    ^I've had the same thought. Should have known...
    560HeliportAstrobricksKungFuKenny
  • KeilupKeilup Frisco, TXMember Posts: 169

I rarely see modulars posted around her much less for those prices.  I'd have to jump on at least a couple if I did.  That's a bummer.
    KungFuKenny