Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The one that got away thread

123457»

Comments

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,759
    gelkster said:
    Is St Cloud a Technic hotspot or something?🤔🤔
    I just meant a lot of people live near there. People who don’t have to drive 3 hours :)
    gelksterTkatt
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 1,176
    ^ & ^^ ...and the St. Cloud-area Super Secret Technic Cabal breathes a sigh of relief... "Looks like we're still Secret, guys!" :)
    AstrobricksgelksterBrainsluggedTkattBumblepantsMaffyDtiminchicago
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 968
    I’m a bit premature with this...

Someone a short drive from me is selling the Queen Anne’s Revenge for £70. Typical. I’ve messaged him to see if he’ll take a PayPal deposit but I doubt he will. 

Someone please offer some words of wisdom along the lines of me being a hero and saving lives by not leaving my home. 

Would you go out for a bargain set?

andheJackad7Pate5346
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 255
    Smokey and the bandit springs to mind.if you do risk it at least clean down the box or quarantine it for 3-5 days
    andhe
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 520
    Found an Ebay listing for $125 with queen anne's revenge, whitecap bay, Pirate Ship Ambush, Town Plan 'Cinema', T-6 Jedi fighter, and probably about $200 of small batman and city sets. Was super excited but trying to be a savvy ebay bidder and wait til the last minute backfired when they ended the auction 8 hours early. I'm going to be bothered by it for awhile.
    Pyrobugandhe
    He kindly messaged me to say that the Queen Anne’s Revenge sold yesterday after he reduced the price to £50. It was complete and had the box. Someone broke the government’s advice for an absolute bargain.
    Switchfoot55andhe
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 550
    I missed out on the original Triple Decker Couch set, if that counts.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,312
    LuLego said:
    Someone broke the government’s advice for an absolute bargain.
    Maybe they have a different definition of "essential".

Or maybe they collected during their exercise session, staying 2m apart while collecting from the doorstep.
    andhe
    I was so tempted to run there (my other hobby) and call it my daily exercise.