Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

The one that got away thread

12346»

Comments

• BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 782
    I just missed out on a sealed gold Chrome C-3po for $10 at a local estate  sale because I had no money on me. and it was so darn cheap to!
    If you think that sounds unlikely... The other day the Bat Pod (selling for $1000 in the after market) was available from the Lego online store in exchange for VIP points. I had more than enough points for it, but for some reason my points had been zeroed out completely. The Bat Pod sold out later that day, and I STILL don't have access to my VIP points a week later.
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 804
    Do we know of anyone who actually got a Bat Pod? Maybe it was just to make us think the new program would be awesome.
    andhe
  • BrainsluggedBrainslugged England (the grim North)Member Posts: 782
    Do we know of anyone who actually got a Bat Pod? Maybe it was just to make us think the new program would be awesome.
    Someone in one of the VIP threads got one. Plus it was boxed. There was talk about them possibly not having boxes but just being a collection of the parts.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,778
    You’ve trodden in an old inside joke. If you are curious, try searching “white range finder boba fett”.
    Red 5, Standing By...
    Baby_YodadavetheoxygenmanVorpalRyuOldfan
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,778
    560Heliport said:
    Do we know of anyone who actually got a Bat Pod?
    First - WTF?!?!?!?!  Bat-Pods were available!?!?!?!  I don't pay attention for two days...
    There was talk about them possibly not having boxes but just being a collection of the parts.
    Second, if it's a collection or parts and no box - TONY STARK WAS ABLE TO BUILD THIS IN A CAVE! WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!
    VorpalRyuFowlerBricksmustang69
  • OubirdOubird OklahomaMember Posts: 45
    Estate sales are a strange place, often it’s a bank foreclosure or funeral, so whoever sets it up sometimes doesn’t really care and just labels everything.  You’d think sellers would research a quick google on one-off items, but people will Amaze you time and time again.  I went into an estate sale once just to check the place out, no intention to buy... but I always carry my wallet!
    Koolbrix2018
  • mklegomklego Member Posts: 100
    @560Heliport I was lucky enough to bag a bat pod, so can confirm it was briefly available!
    Koolbrix2018SumoLegoReesesPieces
    ^ Cool! I'm glad at least one of us got one.
    Koolbrix2018mklego
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,380
    ^ Cool! I'm glad at least one of us got one. 
    Just like the platinum R2. 
    Baby_Yoda
    I want an Aluminum Falcon.
    Koolbrix2018SumoLegogmonkey76VorpalRyudavetheoxygenmanBaby_YodaCurvedRoadPlate
    I want an Aluminum Falcon.
    Don’t you mean an Aluminium Falcon? Oh wait, you’re not British :)
    Koolbrix2018560HeliportVorpalRyudavetheoxygenmanmklegodmcc0
    Now I have to go home and watch the Robot Chicken Star Wars again...
    SumoLegogmonkey76BumblepantsAstrobricksVorpalRyu
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,702
    You've been flying around for two weeks trying to get a signal?! You must smell like feet wrapped in leathery bacon!
    560HeliportSumoLegogmonkey76davetheoxygenmanBaby_Yoda
    No need to go home :)
    https://youtu.be/3F1d3QWsyk0
    Can't watch YouTube on my work computer!
    Can't watch YouTube on my work computer!
    That’s just sad ☹️
    560Heliportdavetheoxygenman
    So I fill my day with Brickset! :) :) :)
    Astrobricksdavetheoxygenman
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 430
    Saw on FB Mktplace a few days ago, seller said "should be all there" & accompanying pics corroborated. Looked up the Bricklink value & broke my own rule of "don't be too eager". Told seller I was "very interested" &.I started arranging pick-up plans (prematurely). I think he caught on to the actual value & since pulled the listing :(

I figured he'd be eager to sell, since he'd had no bites (Mktplace doesn't indicate past a week) & started marking the damn things down to an even more unbelievable price.
    ChromideKungFuKenny
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 440
    Dang.  #6866 for $25.  But 3 hrs away.  They won’t ship, but I had to ask.  Given I can find it for $85 locally easily enough, it’s hard to justify spending the time & gas to drive that far just to pick up in person.  Ah well, will have to keep watch & get lucky for one closer.  
    @M1J0E- 3 hrs round trip or one way?
    M1J0E
    edited August 15
    ^ one way.  If that was round trip I’d be driving now :D. Calgary to Edmonton isn’t an uncommon enough run that I might’ve tried it, but when you add up the gas you realize it wouldn’t really pay at all.  

Not that I’m not checking the ad & wondering if I shouldn’t get in the car tomorrow anyways.  I’m surprised the ad has been up for 4 hrs now.  That kind of a deal should go right away.
    gelkster
    edited August 15
    Ppl are having the same internal debate as you are I guess :D ;)

I had the same thought about my giant Classic Space score last Nov. Was posted up for 2 hours by the time I saw it, & I was STILL 1st to mssg the seller
    M1J0E
    ^ must be as the ad is actually still up this morning. With a price increase. To $30. I can’t be the only person then that messaged her asking to ship. She must not have had any local pickup interest yet, & wondered if her price was a little low.