Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2010 Toy Fair White Boba Fett 1/50 Employee Version

birdmanbatmanbirdmanbatman queens, nyMember Posts: 7
Hey everyone,

So apparently I've got something here. I bought a large collection over a decade ago with this in it. At the time I put it away in a drawer and had intended to use it on my key ring. Never got around to it because I thought it would break easily/ get dirty easily. Also thought it was worth maybe $5 because it was a keychain, and not a more desirable figure.

Years later I pull it out, thinking maybe it's $10 now.. and after doing some research find that it's 1/50 and apparently a unicorn in the LEGO collecting world. Sent some DMs to people on IG but most never responded. One person was completely taken aback that it was just sitting in a drawer. Wanted to get a sense of how desirable it really is.

I saw a completed listing on ebay from a few month back for one that had a $6k buy it now and sold for best offer (I think around 3-4k). That one had a scratch on the torso.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Phill

Yo_dABumblepants

Comments

• Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 Yellowstone, 1883Member Posts: 3,034
    White Rangefinder anyone?

I'll ping @samiam391 for some assistance, perhaps?
    AstrobricksBumblepants
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,333
    edited November 16
    Is that this one?
    https://brickset.com/sets/KC129-1/White-Boba-Fett
    If so, perhaps @Huw could use your picture for the database.
    Switchfoot55
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,443
    White Rangefinder anyone?

I'll ping @samiam391 for some assistance, perhaps?
    He has sent me an e-mail which I've just responded to; hopefully, it will be of benefit. :) 

Is that this one?
    I imagine that's probably the non-employee version, which has a different torso and quantities more in the 150+ range. 

If @Huw does need pictures, I'd be happy to supply some high quality ones. 
    Switchfoot55
  • birdmanbatmanbirdmanbatman queens, nyMember Posts: 7
    Thank you for the follow up email Sam.

In addition.. I was talking to someone who said this:

That is incorrect. I am the brand manager that designed and executed this program. This is the employee version given to all the marketing and sales staff. The even rarer version has an additional pouch on the chest plate and that was give solely to my design team.

When asked they confirmed and said 125 were given to employees and 25 were given to the design team. Putting the total number at 150.

Not sure the validity or if this helps clarify the original story.

Switchfoot55
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,443
    Thank you for the follow up email Sam.

In addition.. I was talking to someone who said this:

That is incorrect. I am the brand manager that designed and executed this program. This is the employee version given to all the marketing and sales staff. The even rarer version has an additional pouch on the chest plate and that was give solely to my design team.

When asked they confirmed and said 125 were given to employees and 25 were given to the design team. Putting the total number at 150.

Not sure the validity or if this helps clarify the original story.

I would disagree. I've seen too many for there to be 25. In fact, when I sold my last, I didn't even commit that there was as few as 50. 
    SumoLegobirdmanbatman
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,333
    samiam391 said: 

Is that this one?
    I imagine that's probably the non-employee version, which has a different torso and quantities more in the 150+ range. 

If @Huw does need pictures, I'd be happy to supply some high quality ones. 
    Well, he currently has no pictures, if the database entry is any indication.
    Switchfoot55
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 15,153
    Just in case someone reading this doesn't see the difference between the keychain variations:

(Image from minifigpriceguide.com)

The one on the right is the uber-rare version.
    madforLEGOAstrobrickspxchrisBrainsluggedandheReesesPiecesrd1899drdavewatfordMarshallmario