Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Help with broken hand

Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 524
Hi all, just a quick question. Just wondering if there's anyway to recover a broken hand from inside an arm (see picture). My thoughts are its a lost cause but thought I'd ask anyway. 
CaptainClutch

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,411
    Probably easiest to just replace the arm and hand. 
  • Wicksy80Wicksy80 Northern IrelandMember Posts: 524
    Thought so. Thanks for response. 
  • matticus_bricksmatticus_bricks Member Posts: 648
    You could crazy glue the hand stub to sturdy wooden rod then grab the rod and the minifigure with wrenches to pull out the hand stub.... On second thought, probably not worth the trouble. 
    madforLEGO
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,395
    edited August 2015
    ^ That's actually not a bad idea but, use the broken hand and the tiniest drop of crazy glue and when it dries just pull out the stub and then replace it. I wouldn't go out and buy the glue if you don't have it
     since that would defeat the purpose of saving any money versus just buying a new arm and hand. 
    CaptainClutchmadforLEGO
    Stupid question, is crazy glue the same as super glue??? I still have the hand and was tempted to try and glue it. Might give it a go. Worst case scenario is the hand is permanently in a fixed position I suppose.
  • ncbarrettncbarrett Member Posts: 3
    Contact TLG. They will send you a new piece.
    CaptainClutch
  • Cryonic2099Cryonic2099 MSMember Posts: 9
    You could probably bricklink/brickowl a new arm and hand for less than the cost of the glue with a better permanent outcome.
    Didn't think TLG replaced arms. Will give it a go. 
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    edited August 2015
    Despite the easiest option being to replace, I'd be up for the challenge and probably try to drill it out first.

Edit:- Or maybe heat up a textured pin on a gas stove and push it up into the arm and inot the brocket plastic.  Once 'set', there might be enough friction to grab the pin with a pair of pliers and pull it out, the broken part with it.
    Or actually, scrap that.  Heat up a small screw on a hot stove and with a screwdriver, screw it into the broken plastic.  Give it a minute and then pull it out with the pliers. 
    The_Mad_VulcanBrickDancer
    Interesting idea I'll give you that!
    I'll lay down a tenner it'll work.  ;)
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,339
    If only fixing your broken hand would be as easy ;)
    LegoboyBrickDancer
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,625
    edited August 2015
    ^ Or some aggressive male-pattern baldness.  

(Or female-pattern baldness, for that matter.)

• gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,397
    Get a pin vise (small hand drill) and a very small drill bit. Drill out the center, and use a dental pick to try and pull out from the center. It's probably cheaper time and money wise to get a new hand and arm from LEGO/Bricklink.
  • dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,316
    Lego would probably give you a whole new torso
    SumoLegoSethro3
  • LordofLegoLordofLego Member Posts: 311
    Instead of buying crazy glue or shoving a screw into the arm, contact TLG and they'll most likely send you a whole torso. For free.
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,245

really? then I may have just broken darth malgus' torso.

• Sethro3Sethro3 United StatesMember Posts: 819
    ^Typically they won't release licensed pieces. But I guess you could try, although too much dishonesty might ruin the program for everyone.

And they don't condone removing hands/arms from bodies, so if they were willing to send a new anything, it would be a full torso.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,217
    Sethro3 said:
    ^Typically they won't release licensed pieces. But I guess you could try, although too much dishonesty might ruin the program for everyone.

And they don't condone removing hands/arms from bodies, so if they were willing to send a new anything, it would be a full torso.
    LEGO monitors lost/broken part requests carefully. Abuse it and you get banned from getting anymore. At least that is what I have heard from LEGO CS when I asked about that.
    Pitfall69 said:
    If only fixing your broken hand would be as easy ;)
    Which one?
    Pitfall69
    Well I have gone through CS and the torso was available so I'll see what happens. Happy to pay for it if asked. Thanks for all responses
  • MextenMexten MexicoMember Posts: 58
    I had the same problem a few weeks back. I heated a needle, shoved it in the stump, let it cool of and pulled it out. Easy enough.

Or you could do like the Skywalkers and just get an artificial hand
    Ha ha, I'll try that. Lego I think are replacing the torso but I'll try and get the stub out anyway.