Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Screen-capping LEGO games?

Diamondback_SixDiamondback_Six USAMember Posts: 81
edited August 2015 in Everything else LEGO
Anyone have anything that works for getting screen-grabs from various LEGO games? I've tried the old "Print Screen, then paste into Paint" and Lightscreen, and both only grab a solid black rectangle the size of my screen.

LEGO Relevance: looking for a way to grab screenies from LEGO Jurassic World to study and render in LDD afterward, rather than have to keep Alt-Tabbing between game and CAD utility. :)

Comments

• plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    I tried with good ol' Lego Star Wars back in the day with no luck, sounds like the same issue. The solution is to install a third-party screen capturing programme. My recommendation is the free edition of FRAPS. It gives you a frames-per-second counter while in-game, but that won't show up on screenshots.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    Another thought - if it's on Steam you can use the dedicated screenshot button (F11, I think?). You can add non-Steam games to Steam to gain this functionality in any game.
  • TBOCTBOC Member Posts: 9
    Another thought - if it's on Steam you can use the dedicated screenshot button (F11, I think?). You can add non-Steam games to Steam to gain this functionality in any game.
    Yes, in my opinion it's best to do that through Steam. I have a good amount of pictures saved from Lego Star Wars 1 and 3 that way.
  • Diamondback_SixDiamondback_Six USAMember Posts: 81
    Thanks, Steam turned out to be just the answer I needed. :)

Now if only they gave me more flexibility on cameras, more opportunities to flip things over and more time to screencap the little mini-scenes on the loading screens...