Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Screen-capping LEGO games?

Diamondback_SixDiamondback_Six USAMember Posts: 75
edited August 2015 in Everything else LEGO
Anyone have anything that works for getting screen-grabs from various LEGO games? I've tried the old "Print Screen, then paste into Paint" and Lightscreen, and both only grab a solid black rectangle the size of my screen.

LEGO Relevance: looking for a way to grab screenies from LEGO Jurassic World to study and render in LDD afterward, rather than have to keep Alt-Tabbing between game and CAD utility. :)

Comments

• plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    I tried with good ol' Lego Star Wars back in the day with no luck, sounds like the same issue. The solution is to install a third-party screen capturing programme. My recommendation is the free edition of FRAPS. It gives you a frames-per-second counter while in-game, but that won't show up on screenshots.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    Another thought - if it's on Steam you can use the dedicated screenshot button (F11, I think?). You can add non-Steam games to Steam to gain this functionality in any game.
  • TBOCTBOC Member Posts: 9
    Another thought - if it's on Steam you can use the dedicated screenshot button (F11, I think?). You can add non-Steam games to Steam to gain this functionality in any game.
    Yes, in my opinion it's best to do that through Steam. I have a good amount of pictures saved from Lego Star Wars 1 and 3 that way.
  • Diamondback_SixDiamondback_Six USAMember Posts: 75
    Thanks, Steam turned out to be just the answer I needed. :)

Now if only they gave me more flexibility on cameras, more opportunities to flip things over and more time to screencap the little mini-scenes on the loading screens...