Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

How is this being offered?

124»

Comments

• momof2boys99momof2boys99 Member Posts: 322
    Dremel99
    I agree. It was never about making a big profits for me. I would make money in one area and pass the savings on to another. I love finding great deals and also passing them on. You all have made good points. Thanks!
  • dremel99dremel99 Member Posts: 123
    If I couldn't make at least a minimum 100.00 profit on a 400.00 set, after ALL fees and costs, I wouldn't sell it on Ebay. To much risk involved. When the person gets it and decides he doesn't want it, or it is missing a 1x2 piece and he demands his money back , then I end up with a high value set that is now opened and worth MUCH less. So you need some higher profits to cover your losses. I know lots of people sell on a much lower profit margin but to me it isn't worth it. I would rather hang onto I can sell it for a 50-200% profit.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    I'm late to this thread. Not to pile on mom, but do keep in mind that LEGO provides those 30% off discounts (and similar) at VIP events and conventions typically with the stipulation that the items bought are NOT for resale. I enjoy getting these discounts, and honor TLGs rules. Please don't ruin this benefit for others.
    sidersdd- I only purchased 1 or 2 at Brickworld. I was just giving people an example of how I have purchased a set cheap. I apologize. We are huge collectors. I have have purchased several through VIP points on double VIP months and store sales.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    LFT.
    ...I always enjoy your posts and am learning alot from you.
    :) Thank you...
    On a side note to everyone else. I just wanted to share. It was not so much about drop shipping as that is not my main way of doing things. Does everyone just need to make a huge profit????
    No, we don't "need" to, but if I'm not going to make a profit, why do it? To be nice? Sure, perhaps a few times, but not times 45 times. :)

In other words, I didn't buy 45 Emerald Nights just to resell them for cost, I did it to pay for all the Lego that we will keep and play with. I'm not getting rich at it, but it is a fun way to pay for our Lego addiction.

I have done nice things, I sold a few #1 and #2 holiday sets here for $10 each, when I could have gotten $20 online for them, because I was being nice to my fellow Brickset members. So it isn't all about profit 100% of the time, but most of the time it really is. After all, I do have my family that I'm responsible for.
    LFT- I have 6 Emerald Knights. So, I am a much smaller scale than you. I purchased 2 at the Turkey sale. I know you have done nice things too. I do believe that you should give back if you can. My husband and I take care of our family. We are blessed in many ways. I guess that is why I like to give back too. I have 2 orders to fill this week, but I am not putting anything on Ebay. I am going to try to hold on to some of these things for a little longer. If I get overwhelmed and need to sell some.....I guess I can always post here and you guys can talk some sense in to me. :O)
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    @momof2boys99 So, I'm curious as to your motivation for selling on ebay. It is my impression that you like selling on ebay because you enjoy the process of selling and the outcome that there is a happy customer at the end of the day. It is my impression that profit is not a motivator of running your LEGO business. Is this correct? I'm also curious, what kind of topics do you find most interesting on this forum?
    I do enjoy the process for the most part. My kids are so into Lego that it is fun to buy and to sell. The creations are endless around the house. I don't think that I am motivated by profit. As I have said...I have been blessed in many ways in my life and I like to share the joy sometimes too. When we were starting out years ago, I remember how exciting it was to get a good deal when we didn't have the money to spare. So, in this economy, it is nice to pass along good prices. My son has read every Lego book, clips articles out on Lego and creates MOC endlessly. I am so amazed at what the product has done for my kids. I purchase from Lego Education too. My younger son is on the spectrum and Lego has done wonders for him too.
    On this board I have enjoyed reading all of the selling things. I did not know about all of the fraud going on. I find it so fun to read about how people guess what to buy since I do sell. I love hearing stories about how Lego impacts other people. It is interesting to read about the "bubble".
    On other boards I have enjoyed peoples creations and what is coming out in the future. My son is a moderator on another board, so he shows me tons of cool creations from Lego builders.
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    @momof2boys99 Do you sell on Bricklink? Also, have you considered selling parts instead of just sets? Seems like that might be something you would enjoy.
    My kids have a whole side of the room floor to ceiling bins parted out. I honestly would not want to do parts. The kids sometimes sell some of the figs if they are parting out for pieces. It just seems easier for me to just sell the sets. As of now, I only sell on Ebay and to customers that I have met through Ebay.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    ^^ momof2boys99 thanks for sharing. People who have never had a business do not understand the concept of goodwill. I personally would never have a problem with receiving a drop shipped item if the person listed on the receipt was the seller. Kudos to you for providing excellent customer service. PM me your ebay username...I am always looking for reliable sellers to add to my faves list. Totally understand the added priceless perk of managing the store / collecting with the kiddos.
    doriansdad....thanks! I did put my ebay name in my first post. I think that is where all of the questions came from. It is sarastoyshop. I put my name there because I stand behind what I do. I believe that there are also alot of other good sellers out there too. People all sell and do things for different reasons. Everyone has a different life story and how they got there, so it is always nice to know that you should not clump everyone together. I do understand why people all think the worst and if you have been burned it is unfortunate to say the least. I have had it happen to me to. I have had customers burn me quite a few times also. I guess my life view is that most people are good in this world.
  • BTHodgemanBTHodgeman Member Posts: 622
    Some people like to build up their feedback to get higher ranking, lower seller's fees, etc.

??

Brent
    Sara, I just added you to my favorite seller's list...

I might just make you an exception to my no current production rule. :)
    LFT....thanks. I know if I ever need to unload a bunch of inventory....you are the man. :O)
  • romdamromdam Member Posts: 136
    Well, I see the seller is still on ecrator and I never heard anything back from the site after 2 emails. The guy is just making a total killing.
    LFT....thanks. I know if I ever need to unload a bunch of inventory....you are the man. :O)
    Yes, but I'm cheap! I like a deal, paying full price is like fingernails on chalkboard...

However, if you really did want to unload a ton of stuff at once, I could buy it all... But then so could several other people here I'm sure...
    romdam....sorry to go off topic...but I have not heard of ecrator. I just checked out the site. Do many people use that? Is it really free?
  • romdamromdam Member Posts: 136
    Not sure. I was wanting to buy a train for a gift so I typed in the set # in google search. The price of $144.99 came up for a new yellow cargo train so I went there and bought it. I came to find this thread and it all got me to realize I bought from a guy do the stolen credit card/drop shipping thing. I got the set and mailed it off with other gifts when I knew for sure. I myself didnt get ripped off but someone else got charged for it. The guy did refund me the money. I contacted Paypal and ecrator with the sellers info so hopefully he is one from Paypal too. Ecrator never replied to me.
    I just was sent an e-mail from one of these fraudsters, I'm posting it here in hopes that it helps stop at least one of them. Of course they have my e-mail because they caught me in their scam a few weeks ago, I'm still out $180 from that and it took me several weeks to clear my name with Lego to be able to order from them again.

--------------------------------
    Hi,

I am an eBay seller who have sold Lego Products on eBay. I have your email because you have bought my Lego product before. I have a lot of Lego products to sell but my eBay account was suspended because I am not in US and eBay don't let me sell my products on US market.

I send you this email because I want to find a partner who help me sell my Lego Products on eBay. I will pay you 20% commission on total sales amount if you help me sell my lego products on ebay.

How Does It Work?

I will give you my product information, image, price ...everything you just list on your eBay account.
    You will have orders everyday. Buyers will pay and you receive payments by paypal.
    You will forward all paypal receipts to my email. I will check orders and ship items to buyers. I also provide you tracking numbers.

You only pay me after I have shipped items and buyers have received their items. This makes sure I ship correct items and no complaint from buyers.

About commission: I will pay you 20% commission after ebay and paypal fees.

For example:

You help sell one lego item with price $100
    Listing fee: $1
    eBay final value fee: $9
    Paypal fee: $3
    Total fees: $13
    Final amount: $100 - $13 = $87
    Your commission 20% of $87 = $17.4
    You will pay me $87 - 17.4 = $69.6

My Lego products are very hot. You can sell about 10-20 items everyday (worth $1000 - $2000). You can make $200-$400 daily.
    You only spend about 2-3 hours per day to relist items, answer question ( I will help you answer if you can't answer)
    I also need sales report from you every week.

Please contact me if you are interested.

Best Regards,
    I will send the e-mail header information privately to Lego, hopefully that helps them stop these criminals.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    welcome @momof2boys99 - it's good to hear your point of view. I sell, though mostly at a profit to help offset the cost of buying more lego ;-) But I'm always happy to help fellow bricksetters by sending sets at cost (assuming they've built up some goodwill with me or others). Frankly, I find listing on ebay (and even bricklink) tedious. But when I see a good deal on lego I tend to jump first then think later! So I tend to get 2 of each set, sometimes I want both, either for me, for gifts or because I think it will make a tidy profit a year later, but often I realise I just want the space back, and it makes me feel nice to pass on to someone on here who's missed out. I suspect @momof2 wants to just clear sets every so often.
  • 2011Legomaniac2011Legomaniac Member Posts: 32
    Hi there, new to the forum...I buy and sell alot of legos on Ebay myself. I too have purchased an item from "discmaker," and jus recieved the same email as LegofanTexas jus posted. I knew exactly what was up....doing a lil work on Ebay, seems like he has recruited a few accounts to sell for him, and is back in action. look up lego 8043 on Ebay.....most of the ones listed for a day with free shipping, are the bad ones....click on the auctions with free shipping on that item, and check out their other items for sell, its mostly the same few sets...all with free shipping. Cant believe Ebay doesnt do something about this, as its pretty easy to figure out which of these listings are the frauds. Hope someone puts an end to this person soon!
    To me...it is just crazy that this can't get shut down right away. I can't believe that these people that are scamming just keep going after being locked down....scary.
    LTF....your email has scam written all over it. I would be shocked if people sold for him. I am happy that you sent it forward to Lego.
    Savage Steel...thanks for the welcome. :O)
    I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!! You can all dream of Lego in your stockings tonight!!
    Suckers are born every minute, someone will take them up on it.

Sad thing is it screws a lot of people along the way.

Shame the punishment is not stronger for this type of crime.
    LFT....I agree about the punishent part. As I stated earlier in this thread. I purchased those gift cards for Lego on Ebay last year. I did feel they were to good to be true, so I did call and it was fraud. I reported to Ebay too. Well...she stopped selling Lego gift cards but went on to sell Amazon.com ones on Ebay. So, Ebay did not stop her. I do not know much about the laws in regards to fraud on the internet, but one would think they would get the police involved. After all....we are talking about criminal activity. On the gift card thing on Ebay last year, I think I lost around $500, which I did not get back. Live and learn I guess.
    You are out more than me, so I am thankful.

I could have been out more than that, but eBay refunded all but $180, I was never able to get that last bit back.